Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule Britannia! 15:32 - Aug 25 with 9723 viewsSadoldgit

So the BBC have compromised and have not banned this and Land of Hope and Glory from the Proms, an instrumental version will be played instead. Seems sensible not to be singing Britains never never never shall be slaves at a time like this, but Boris Johnson doesn’t agree. Perhaps it is time he went on a diversity course?
Rule Britannia! on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 1056 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 20:49 - Aug 25 by Sadoldgit

The BBC will become a very different animal if it has to fend totally for itself and the changes may not be for the better. Many of the services it provides worldwide may have to go as they won’t be financially viable.At the moment it costs us each less than a pint a week. The BBC along with the NHS are reasons that we can still be proud of our British institutions. If they both end up having to pay their own way they will never be the same again. The impartiality thing to me is a good thing. We see the way that impartial broadcasters work (Murdoch’s media outlets for example).

If it can't survive let alone thrive as it is.....

Tells you all you need to know about its own value for money

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rule Britannia! on 22:20 - Aug 25 with 1026 viewsDorsetIan

I thought those people who always hark back to WW2 for their sense of Britishness were bad enough. The words to Rule Britannia were written in 1740. Seventeen!

Come on, it's the tune that's great. In this century, the words sound pretty silly.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rule Britannia! on 22:26 - Aug 25 with 1020 viewsChesham_Saint

A bit like the Bible, the wording isn’t necessarily meant to be taken 100% verbatim, is it? People are just so Po-faced about everything.

In the spirit of modernity then, the BBC needs to get with the 21st century and become a subscription service - they do have some excellent offerings after all.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rule Britannia! on 22:55 - Aug 25 with 1008 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Not been a huge Boris fan during the pandemic, but far play for getting involved in this one. Things CAN go too far the other way.

The BBC are sh*t too. Noticed on the news tonight that "Gareth Southgate did an embarrassing u-turn in dropping Maquire" but the reversing of their decision to sing the songs wasn't embarrassing or a u-turn. Hypocrites.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Rule Britannia! on 22:55 - Aug 25 with 1008 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 22:20 - Aug 25 by DorsetIan

I thought those people who always hark back to WW2 for their sense of Britishness were bad enough. The words to Rule Britannia were written in 1740. Seventeen!

Come on, it's the tune that's great. In this century, the words sound pretty silly.

Nobody is forced to sing it or listen to it.
Ice Cube and various other rappers have made songs about killing and raping white people. I don’t agree with the lyrics but I like a lot of the tunes, it doesn’t bother me.
It says a lot about how pathetic people are who want to ban choice of things like music, when there is genuinely evil shite in the world that needs to be dealt with.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 23:12 - Aug 25 with 992 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 21:37 - Aug 25 by JaySaint

If it can't survive let alone thrive as it is.....

Tells you all you need to know about its own value for money

How do you gauge its value for money? Millions of people get different value from things every day. It can never be all things to all people but it does provide a wide range of services to a very broad spectrum of people, all for less than the price of a pint a week. If you only watched a Match of the Day and David Attenborough wouldn’t that be value for money?
Rule Britannia! on 06:21 - Aug 26 with 936 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 23:12 - Aug 25 by Sadoldgit

How do you gauge its value for money? Millions of people get different value from things every day. It can never be all things to all people but it does provide a wide range of services to a very broad spectrum of people, all for less than the price of a pint a week. If you only watched a Match of the Day and David Attenborough wouldn’t that be value for money?

If it can't survive with its current set up if made fk find itself, then it is currently a waste of money

The BBC should back itself to succeed without the need to threaten prison if people wish to take their custom elsewhere.

It's only a matter of time anyway

Rule Britannia! on 07:56 - Aug 26 with 918 viewsgeezershoong1

Last straw for me I'm afraid - cancelled my Licence fee direct debit today.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Rule Britannia! on 08:10 - Aug 26 with 912 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 06:21 - Aug 26 by JaySaint

If it can't survive with its current set up if made fk find itself, then it is currently a waste of money

The BBC should back itself to succeed without the need to threaten prison if people wish to take their custom elsewhere.

It's only a matter of time anyway

Waste of money? 43 pence a day? Really? Ok. I guess you have never watched MOTD, Only Fools and Horses, The Fast Show, The Two Ronnies etc etc. The BBC are responsible for some of the best broadcasting over my lifetime. If you have never watched any of it (which I don’t believe for a minute) I feel sorry for you. If you also enjoy your viewing being interrupted by adverts every 10 minutes, good luck also.
Rule Britannia! on 08:36 - Aug 26 with 903 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 08:10 - Aug 26 by Sadoldgit

Waste of money? 43 pence a day? Really? Ok. I guess you have never watched MOTD, Only Fools and Horses, The Fast Show, The Two Ronnies etc etc. The BBC are responsible for some of the best broadcasting over my lifetime. If you have never watched any of it (which I don’t believe for a minute) I feel sorry for you. If you also enjoy your viewing being interrupted by adverts every 10 minutes, good luck also.

then, on its own, it would thrive, if so cheap...yes?

Who said I have not watched any of it? why are you making stuff up again?

Rule Britannia! on 08:41 - Aug 26 with 896 viewsBoris_

Another thread from the resident bed wetter pushing his left wing ideology to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

What an oddball!

Poll: Claude Puel

Rule Britannia! on 08:50 - Aug 26 with 893 viewsthissceptredsaint

Johnson comes out of hiding for a non issue like this but says nothing whilst the exams fiasco is boiling over.

He really hasn't got a clue.

Meanwhile Starmer is in his bunker drawing triangles
Rule Britannia! on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 874 viewsDorsetIan

Rule Britannia! on 08:41 - Aug 26 by Boris_

Another thread from the resident bed wetter pushing his left wing ideology to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

What an oddball!

I thought that you were away for a couple of weeks...

Interrupting your break to cut and paste one of your tired posts to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Who's the oddball?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Rule Britannia! on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 870 viewsgrumpy

Rule Britannia! on 08:50 - Aug 26 by thissceptredsaint

Johnson comes out of hiding for a non issue like this but says nothing whilst the exams fiasco is boiling over.

He really hasn't got a clue.

Meanwhile Starmer is in his bunker drawing triangles

Starmer doesn't need to do anything while Johnson is doing what Johnson does, which isn't a lot..
What exactly would you want Starmer to do?
Rule Britannia! on 09:48 - Aug 26 with 856 viewsVagina_Dentata

People have bought in en masse to a made up non story. At no point would land of hope and glory have been banned. At no point was Fawlty Towers banned. If only there was some sort of study of the media that taught people how to discern reliable information.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Rule Britannia! on 09:54 - Aug 26 with 845 viewsChesham_Saint

Rule Britannia! on 09:48 - Aug 26 by Vagina_Dentata

People have bought in en masse to a made up non story. At no point would land of hope and glory have been banned. At no point was Fawlty Towers banned. If only there was some sort of study of the media that taught people how to discern reliable information.

But what would we all do with our self-righteous outrage then, Dents!?

Rule Britannia! on 10:11 - Aug 26 with 831 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 08:36 - Aug 26 by JaySaint

then, on its own, it would thrive, if so cheap...yes?

Who said I have not watched any of it? why are you making stuff up again?

What am I making up? I posed a question which you have answered. Why do you consistently need to be provocative?
Rule Britannia! on 10:12 - Aug 26 with 823 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 09:31 - Aug 26 by DorsetIan

I thought that you were away for a couple of weeks...

Interrupting your break to cut and paste one of your tired posts to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Who's the oddball?

😂

It is strange isn’t it!
Rule Britannia! on 10:47 - Aug 26 with 795 viewsMessysaints

Rule Britannia! on 08:10 - Aug 26 by Sadoldgit

only thing this comment shows, is how bad the BBC has become. i used to watch tv at night when relaxing after work, was good stuff on, now..... its rubbish. i find my self on youtube, nextflix, or amazon watching stuff new and old.

Rather watch skysports news during a pandamic with 0 sports going on than watch the bbc.. even match of the day is rubbish, even when Saints are on, its only for like 10 secs while i had to hear about the top few clubs for 90 % of the program....... they dont even analise our games, quick show of maybe 5 % of the action then move on to the next whilst talking about the big clubs buying our players ....

Even the most on form English central mid didnt even get a mention on his hugely deserved call up to the England team from them....

Get better coverage of all the EPL teams from american tv channels than you do on UK TV which just shows how bad and biased our not so great bbc is.......
Rule Britannia! on 11:09 - Aug 26 with 775 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 20:57 - Aug 25 by Chesham_Saint

Sod the BBC and over paid types like Gary Lineker. Quite simple, I’ve just cancelled my licence.

Will you stop watching Premiership football because of all the overpaid players too Chesham? But fair enough, if you don’t use the BBC that is your choice.
Rule Britannia! on 11:20 - Aug 26 with 769 viewsBazza

Rule Britannia! on 10:47 - Aug 26 by Messysaints

only thing this comment shows, is how bad the BBC has become. i used to watch tv at night when relaxing after work, was good stuff on, now..... its rubbish. i find my self on youtube, nextflix, or amazon watching stuff new and old.

Rather watch skysports news during a pandamic with 0 sports going on than watch the bbc.. even match of the day is rubbish, even when Saints are on, its only for like 10 secs while i had to hear about the top few clubs for 90 % of the program....... they dont even analise our games, quick show of maybe 5 % of the action then move on to the next whilst talking about the big clubs buying our players ....

Even the most on form English central mid didnt even get a mention on his hugely deserved call up to the England team from them....

Get better coverage of all the EPL teams from american tv channels than you do on UK TV which just shows how bad and biased our not so great bbc is.......

Totally agree. I used to be glad BBC had no commercials but now as well as trailers for their own programmes (often some weeks away) they show lengthy advertising for iplayer, britbox etc.
Their withdrawal of over 75s licensing (I'm not there yet!) is a disgrace as is their major differences in womens pay.
Rule Britannia! on 11:23 - Aug 26 with 768 viewsChesham_Saint

Rule Britannia! on 11:09 - Aug 26 by Sadoldgit

Will you stop watching Premiership football because of all the overpaid players too Chesham? But fair enough, if you don’t use the BBC that is your choice.

It’s a different model. We have to pay those prices to compete. The BBC doesn’t have to pay Lineker his ridiculous salary, If he could get more at sky then bye bye. Meanwhile the BBC could give someone else a chance until they move on and so on.

So no, I won’t stop watching Saints.

Rule Britannia! on 12:01 - Aug 26 with 747 viewsWints76

If the BBC is defunded, is there not the chance that there will be no last night at the proms at all, rather than just not having an audience to sing those couple of songs for this year only?

It does all feel slightly contrived.
Rule Britannia! on 12:04 - Aug 26 with 739 viewsChesham_Saint

Rule Britannia! on 12:01 - Aug 26 by Wints76

If the BBC is defunded, is there not the chance that there will be no last night at the proms at all, rather than just not having an audience to sing those couple of songs for this year only?

It does all feel slightly contrived.

Someone would step in to sponsor it, as already happens with the Cathcart Spring Proms for example...

Rule Britannia! on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 739 viewsarfurdent

since they stopped producing Red Dwarf they can feck orf

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024