Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule Britannia! 15:32 - Aug 25 with 9712 viewsSadoldgit

So the BBC have compromised and have not banned this and Land of Hope and Glory from the Proms, an instrumental version will be played instead. Seems sensible not to be singing Britains never never never shall be slaves at a time like this, but Boris Johnson doesn’t agree. Perhaps it is time he went on a diversity course?
Rule Britannia! on 13:00 - Aug 28 with 850 viewsBison

Rule Britannia! on 12:06 - Aug 26 by arfurdent

since they stopped producing Red Dwarf they can feck orf

Have seen on Dave TV , Red Dwarf the first 3 million years ? It's a 3 parter and absolutely brilliant , really nostalgic look back at it.

Now Smeg off !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Rule Britannia! on 13:26 - Aug 28 with 838 viewsfranniesTache

To be honest my issue with Rule Britannia, Land of hope and glory and god save the queen is they're all a bit sh*t, jerusalem is far better than all of them in my opinion.
Rule Britannia! on 15:41 - Aug 28 with 798 viewsBridders2

SOG, Ian and the other lefty planks on here should be actively singing Rule Brittania with pride in their hearts.
Britain outlawed slave trading in 1808 and actively engaged in tracking down slave operations all over the world for virtually the whole of the 19th century. Setting up the west African Station, British gunboats pursued slave ships from all other countries, and one British ship captured 12 slavers in a year and released 150,000 slaves back to Africa. These operations were conducted by one sixth of the entire fleet. So us 'Ruling the Waves' was put to great use. Makes you proud to be British eh chaps?
Rule Britannia! on 16:00 - Aug 28 with 782 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 15:41 - Aug 28 by Bridders2

SOG, Ian and the other lefty planks on here should be actively singing Rule Brittania with pride in their hearts.
Britain outlawed slave trading in 1808 and actively engaged in tracking down slave operations all over the world for virtually the whole of the 19th century. Setting up the west African Station, British gunboats pursued slave ships from all other countries, and one British ship captured 12 slavers in a year and released 150,000 slaves back to Africa. These operations were conducted by one sixth of the entire fleet. So us 'Ruling the Waves' was put to great use. Makes you proud to be British eh chaps?

Lefty planks? 😂
You make a good point but if you look at the words they don’t reflect your point, which is the point!
Rule Britannia! on 16:11 - Aug 28 with 776 viewsarfurdent

Rule Britannia! on 13:00 - Aug 28 by Bison

Have seen on Dave TV , Red Dwarf the first 3 million years ? It's a 3 parter and absolutely brilliant , really nostalgic look back at it.

Now Smeg off !

totally agree, even the wench laughed out loud

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Rule Britannia! on 18:35 - Aug 28 with 747 viewsBridders2

Rule Britannia! on 16:00 - Aug 28 by Sadoldgit

Lefty planks? 😂
You make a good point but if you look at the words they don’t reflect your point, which is the point!

'Britons never, never, never shall be slaves' is saying we won't be conquered by other nations, and not the literal meaning of going into slavery !
The British Empire did a lot of good stuff too, as above, not that you'll admit it.
Rule Britannia! on 18:45 - Aug 28 with 737 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 18:35 - Aug 28 by Bridders2

'Britons never, never, never shall be slaves' is saying we won't be conquered by other nations, and not the literal meaning of going into slavery !
The British Empire did a lot of good stuff too, as above, not that you'll admit it.

As yet most countries we “conquered” couldn’t wait to get rid of us. Go figure!
As for never, never, never being slaves, tell that to those who lived here under Roman occupation or in the years following 1066.
Rule Britannia! on 19:41 - Aug 28 with 712 viewsBridders2

Rule Britannia! on 18:45 - Aug 28 by Sadoldgit

As yet most countries we “conquered” couldn’t wait to get rid of us. Go figure!
As for never, never, never being slaves, tell that to those who lived here under Roman occupation or in the years following 1066.

Of course they wanted independence, but many subsequently realised they were left with a judiciary system, a transport system, a ready market for their produce and democracy.
You're getting confused, we're not talking 2000 years ago ... we're going back 200
Login to get fewer ads

Rule Britannia! on 19:43 - Aug 28 with 709 viewsKRAZYB

The BBC is in no way run as it is purported to be. Many programmes such nas documentaries and news have distinct bias.

If it had to earn it's right to live through adverts it would have to be better run.
Rule Britannia! on 22:40 - Aug 28 with 669 viewsBridders2

Rule Britannia! on 19:43 - Aug 28 by KRAZYB

The BBC is in no way run as it is purported to be. Many programmes such nas documentaries and news have distinct bias.

If it had to earn it's right to live through adverts it would have to be better run.

Agreed. The BBC wouldn't survive if it relied on adverts. My career was Advertising and media buyers place adverts next to programmes which attract good ratings. Unfortunately the BBC's obsession with woke programming only appeals to 20% of the UK and their ratings are awful because the 80% switch over
Rule Britannia! on 10:43 - Aug 29 with 605 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 19:41 - Aug 28 by Bridders2

Of course they wanted independence, but many subsequently realised they were left with a judiciary system, a transport system, a ready market for their produce and democracy.
You're getting confused, we're not talking 2000 years ago ... we're going back 200

Does it really matter how long ago it was? The point is we are not pure bred, we are mongrels with an island mentality. Singing lyrics that were written hundreds of years ago when things were very different as if nothing has changed is a bit arcane don’t you think? Just like the national anthem with the “send her victorious” line. It’s the 21st century yet we have this hankering to stay rooted in the past. I don’t mind a bit of nostalgia, but come on, no one can pretend the country we live in now is anything like the one in the 19th century.
Rule Britannia! on 11:43 - Aug 29 with 568 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 10:43 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Does it really matter how long ago it was? The point is we are not pure bred, we are mongrels with an island mentality. Singing lyrics that were written hundreds of years ago when things were very different as if nothing has changed is a bit arcane don’t you think? Just like the national anthem with the “send her victorious” line. It’s the 21st century yet we have this hankering to stay rooted in the past. I don’t mind a bit of nostalgia, but come on, no one can pretend the country we live in now is anything like the one in the 19th century.

For people of African descent living in the USA or UK, nothing is like it was in the 19th century either, they are clearly not forgetting their history and why should they? So why should the British as a nation?

I was fortunate to meet a couple of my great grandparents and they were alive in the 19th century, so still has relevance.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 11:45]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 11:49 - Aug 29 with 559 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 11:43 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

For people of African descent living in the USA or UK, nothing is like it was in the 19th century either, they are clearly not forgetting their history and why should they? So why should the British as a nation?

I was fortunate to meet a couple of my great grandparents and they were alive in the 19th century, so still has relevance.

totally agree.

It is like Britain (and the USA) must turn-off its history but everyone is good to go to celebrate theirs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rule Britannia! on 11:53 - Aug 29 with 550 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 11:43 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

Who is saying we should should forget our history? What is being said is that we can’t keep living in the past, as much as some people want to.
Rule Britannia! on 11:54 - Aug 29 with 547 viewsJaySaint

Rule Britannia! on 11:53 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Who is saying we should should forget our history? What is being said is that we can’t keep living in the past, as much as some people want to.

who is living in the past?

Rule Britannia! on 11:56 - Aug 29 with 541 viewsBicester_North

Letting some pissed up posh people sing an old British song once a year isn’t living in the past, it’s traditional. Every country has traditions.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 11:59 - Aug 29 with 532 viewsBoris_

Does your 'can't keep living in the past' view work for all colours of skin or just white people?

Poll: Claude Puel

Rule Britannia! on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 514 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 11:59 - Aug 29 by Boris_

Does your 'can't keep living in the past' view work for all colours of skin or just white people?

Perhaps you should ask that question of black people? Do you think that they are being treated the same as everyone else? You seem to have missed the point of BLM if so.

PS. What happened to your break?
Rule Britannia! on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 506 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 12:08 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps you should ask that question of black people? Do you think that they are being treated the same as everyone else? You seem to have missed the point of BLM if so.

PS. What happened to your break?

The point of BLM is to 'Free Palestine' and other issues not related to the lives of Black People.

P.S Where did I say I was having a break? I said I was busy and probably won't be on here much, which I haven't been.

Rule Britannia! on 12:16 - Aug 29 with 502 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 12:11 - Aug 29 by Boris_

The point of BLM is to 'Free Palestine' and other issues not related to the lives of Black People.

P.S Where did I say I was having a break? I said I was busy and probably won't be on here much, which I haven't been.

Sorry, I didn’t realise that you are so important that you have to announce to everyone that your posting frequency will drop. Incidentally, can you be busy more often please?
Rule Britannia! on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 478 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 11:56 - Aug 29 by Bicester_North

Letting some pissed up posh people sing an old British song once a year isn’t living in the past, it’s traditional. Every country has traditions.

It’s not once a year though is it. It happens at events all over the country. It was “tradition” to bait bears in pits, to burn witches at the stake, for the landowner to shag a peasants bride on the night of their marriage, should we do those things once a year too?
Rule Britannia! on 13:12 - Aug 29 with 466 viewsJaySaint

I think bellowing out the song that champions the Country and the armed service (Navy) that destroyed slavery and freed hundreds of thousands of African's

It should be absolutely celebrated, not put in a box

Rule Britannia! on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 465 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 12:16 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Sorry, I didn’t realise that you are so important that you have to announce to everyone that your posting frequency will drop. Incidentally, can you be busy more often please?

Didn't want to respond as to why BLM is campaigning to Free Palestine then?

Rule Britannia! on 13:31 - Aug 29 with 448 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 13:16 - Aug 29 by Boris_

Didn't want to respond as to why BLM is campaigning to Free Palestine then?

I’m talking about the plight of black people and you, as ever, want to divert the discussion elsewhere. You do it time and again. No wonder you named yourself after someone who does the same thing himself.
Rule Britannia! on 13:35 - Aug 29 with 442 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 13:31 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

I’m talking about the plight of black people and you, as ever, want to divert the discussion elsewhere. You do it time and again. No wonder you named yourself after someone who does the same thing himself.

You are not. You're talking about the Black Lives Matter movement specifically, you didn't need to use the letters BLM.

BLM is an organisation, not a cause. They are campaigning to Free Palestine.

As a supporter of the BLM movement, I am asking you why they are campaigning to Free Palestine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024