Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rule Britannia! 15:32 - Aug 25 with 9710 viewsSadoldgit

So the BBC have compromised and have not banned this and Land of Hope and Glory from the Proms, an instrumental version will be played instead. Seems sensible not to be singing Britains never never never shall be slaves at a time like this, but Boris Johnson doesn’t agree. Perhaps it is time he went on a diversity course?
Rule Britannia! on 12:32 - Aug 30 with 1231 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 12:20 - Aug 30 by Boris_

You are an absolute bellend and I would happily say it to your face mush.

Go back and read Ian’s post. He sums you up perfectly, as does this post.
Rule Britannia! on 12:35 - Aug 30 with 1200 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 12:32 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

Go back and read Ian’s post. He sums you up perfectly, as does this post.

You replied within minutes. It's a bank holiday Sunday and you're literally sat on the forum pressing refresh waiting for a reply.

Perhaps if you took some time out for reflection, it would be a wise idea?

I'm off for Sunday lunch now. Enjoy your afternoon sat on an internet forum pressing refresh.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 12:35]

Poll: Claude Puel

Rule Britannia! on 12:41 - Aug 30 with 1211 viewsarfurdent

Rule Britannia! on 11:53 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

You seem to have completely missed the point of the lyrics.

do the lyrics condone sending covid infected seniors back into unprotected care homes?

do the lyrics condone GP Surgeries shutting up shop and telling patients to call 111?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Rule Britannia! on 13:09 - Aug 30 with 1193 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 12:41 - Aug 30 by arfurdent

do the lyrics condone sending covid infected seniors back into unprotected care homes?

do the lyrics condone GP Surgeries shutting up shop and telling patients to call 111?

What has that got to do with a song that may be sung instead of the national anthem or Rule Britannia? You have lost me.
Rule Britannia! on 13:28 - Aug 30 with 1180 views1885_SFC

Rule Britannia! on 19:43 - Aug 28 by KRAZYB

The BBC is in no way run as it is purported to be. Many programmes such nas documentaries and news have distinct bias.

If it had to earn it's right to live through adverts it would have to be better run.

Tells you all you need to know...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4669728/BBC-admits-spends-139-000-year-

Old School is Cool

Rule Britannia! on 13:36 - Aug 30 with 1166 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 13:28 - Aug 30 by 1885_SFC

Tells you all you need to know...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4669728/BBC-admits-spends-139-000-year-

If you go through the whole article you will see it buys more copies of The Times so where does that leave your argument? Also the article appears in the Daily Mail...hmmm.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 13:38]
Rule Britannia! on 13:45 - Aug 30 with 1159 views1885_SFC

Rule Britannia! on 13:36 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

If you go through the whole article you will see it buys more copies of The Times so where does that leave your argument? Also the article appears in the Daily Mail...hmmm.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 13:38]

It says the BBC spends £40,000-per-year more on the Guardian than any other newspaper. Stop trying to twist things you complete bellend.

Old School is Cool

Rule Britannia! on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 1156 views1885_SFC

Rule Britannia! on 10:55 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

It really doesn’t bother me when the various pieces were written, it is about the words and the sentiments behind them Bison. Some things are of their time, other things are timeless. The trick is to know which things to keep and which things to bin, and when. Our society has changed hugely over the last 100 years. I know that there are those who want to live in the past and pretend that nothing has changed, but life, and attitudes move on.

I vow to thee my country
All earthly things above
Entire and whole and perfect
The service of my love
The love that asks no question
The love that stands the test
That lays upon the altar
The dearest and the best
The love that never falters
The love that pays the price
The love that makes undaunted
The final sacrifice
And there's another country
I've heard of long ago
Most dear to them that love he
Most great to them that know
We may not count her armies
We may not see her king
Her fortress is a faithful heart
Her pride is suffering
And soul by soul and silently
Her shining bounds increase
And her ways are ways of gentleness
And all her paths are peace
And all her paths are peace
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 11:01]

Jesus f*cking wept...

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Rule Britannia! on 14:16 - Aug 30 with 1144 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 13:45 - Aug 30 by 1885_SFC

It says the BBC spends £40,000-per-year more on the Guardian than any other newspaper. Stop trying to twist things you complete bellend.

Perhaps The Times have given them a deal? The point is that they receive more copies of The Times than The Guardian but that doesn’t make such a good headline if you have a right wing agenda does it?

Oh, and verbal abuse does not add to your argument. It just makes you sound like a knuckle dragging thug.
Rule Britannia! on 17:04 - Aug 30 with 1117 viewskentsouthampton

Five new bullshit controversies to keep Britain furious
28th August 2020

THE Rule Britannia Proms controversy has made Britons angry and fearful, but sadly can’t go on forever. Let’s obsess about these next:

More things that aren’t going to be banned

Pure speculation is fine to get the next ‘banning’ controversy started. Could it be the word ‘man’? Classic war films like The Great Escape? Sausage sandwiches to pander to vegetarian fascists? Your only limit is your imagination, and your right-wing paranoia.

Something completely innocuous

Anything can be turned into a controversy if you try hard enough. Take charity shops. Are they a good way to raise money from perfectly reusable items, or are they a blight on Britain’s high streets with their manky old clothes and crap Doc Martin novels? Apparently they don’t have to pay tax or something, the f**king do-gooding freeloaders.

What some random bellend said on Twitter

Scour Twitter for someone with no followers and batshit opinions, eg. he should be allowed to marry his dog. Treat this as a genuine campaign likely to be enshrined in law, when it’s clearly just the ramblings of a lone nutter. Britain’s press will be happy to join in with headlines like ‘REVEALED: SICK PLANS TO MAKE YOU GIVE FIDO A BONE’.

What colour things should be

We’ve furiously debated the colour of post boxes, passports and trains, but that leaves a lot of other stuff. Traditional British cheeses like cheddar should clearly be a patriotic red, white and blue, and they could easily do it with a bit of food colouring. Set up a Facebook page about it — there are a lot of easily enraged old people with time on their hands there.

A brand new hate group

Hating ‘snowflakes’ is getting a bit old, so someone needs to come up with a new social group to pour scorn on. How about ‘laughtards’ — people who laugh or appear cheerful? Laughtards are a disgrace, particularly if you’re the sort of miserable f**ker who loves stupid controversies.
Rule Britannia! on 17:33 - Aug 30 with 1093 viewsarfurdent

Rule Britannia! on 11:53 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

You seem to have completely missed the point of the lyrics.

do not think so!

Because the Establishment cannot start a world war to thin out the lower social classes (nukes hurt property values) they are resorting to virus warfare. The whole point of the George Osbourne austerity programme was to reduce public sector capacity to maximise the effect of a decent virus outbreak. Removes the elderly, sick and infirm at a stroke. Massive savings to public expenditure to free up cash for their mates in The City.

Trump is doing the same in the USA and a whole raft of dictators elsewhere.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Rule Britannia! on 17:37 - Aug 30 with 1091 viewsSadoldgit

Alternatively we could pretend it is still the 70’s and it is perfectly ok to discriminate against minority groups. Those were the days eh?
Rule Britannia! on 17:51 - Aug 30 with 1079 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 14:16 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps The Times have given them a deal? The point is that they receive more copies of The Times than The Guardian but that doesn’t make such a good headline if you have a right wing agenda does it?

Oh, and verbal abuse does not add to your argument. It just makes you sound like a knuckle dragging thug.

Calling someone a bellend is the action of a violent criminal?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rule Britannia! on 18:00 - Aug 30 with 1073 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 17:37 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

Alternatively we could pretend it is still the 70’s and it is perfectly ok to discriminate against minority groups. Those were the days eh?

What are you on about?

Rule Britannia! on 18:04 - Aug 30 with 1070 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 17:04 - Aug 30 by kentsouthampton

Five new bullshit controversies to keep Britain furious
28th August 2020

THE Rule Britannia Proms controversy has made Britons angry and fearful, but sadly can’t go on forever. Let’s obsess about these next:

More things that aren’t going to be banned

Pure speculation is fine to get the next ‘banning’ controversy started. Could it be the word ‘man’? Classic war films like The Great Escape? Sausage sandwiches to pander to vegetarian fascists? Your only limit is your imagination, and your right-wing paranoia.

Something completely innocuous

Anything can be turned into a controversy if you try hard enough. Take charity shops. Are they a good way to raise money from perfectly reusable items, or are they a blight on Britain’s high streets with their manky old clothes and crap Doc Martin novels? Apparently they don’t have to pay tax or something, the f**king do-gooding freeloaders.

What some random bellend said on Twitter

Scour Twitter for someone with no followers and batshit opinions, eg. he should be allowed to marry his dog. Treat this as a genuine campaign likely to be enshrined in law, when it’s clearly just the ramblings of a lone nutter. Britain’s press will be happy to join in with headlines like ‘REVEALED: SICK PLANS TO MAKE YOU GIVE FIDO A BONE’.

What colour things should be

We’ve furiously debated the colour of post boxes, passports and trains, but that leaves a lot of other stuff. Traditional British cheeses like cheddar should clearly be a patriotic red, white and blue, and they could easily do it with a bit of food colouring. Set up a Facebook page about it — there are a lot of easily enraged old people with time on their hands there.

A brand new hate group

Hating ‘snowflakes’ is getting a bit old, so someone needs to come up with a new social group to pour scorn on. How about ‘laughtards’ — people who laugh or appear cheerful? Laughtards are a disgrace, particularly if you’re the sort of miserable f**ker who loves stupid controversies.

Concentrate on your own club’s fan base Hucksake, they have a larger EDL contingent than most.

Rule Britannia! on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 1039 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 17:51 - Aug 30 by Bicester_North

He's a strange old bloke.

Rule Britannia! on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 1052 views1885_SFC

Rule Britannia! on 18:00 - Aug 30 by Bicester_North

What are you on about?

I'd wager he doesn't even know himself.

Old School is Cool

Rule Britannia! on 19:09 - Aug 30 with 1027 viewsSadoldgit

Rule Britannia! on 17:51 - Aug 30 by Bicester_North

You think it is ok and perfectly normal to verbally abuse someone you don’t even know? To me it is the action of someone who isn’t particularly bright. Whether he is violent or not I don’t know, but he doesn’t sound like someone you could have a normal conversation with if he doesn’t agree with your point of view.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 19:27]
Rule Britannia! on 19:14 - Aug 30 with 1006 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 19:09 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

You think it is ok and perfectly normal to verbally abuse someone you don’t even know? To me it is the action of someone who isn’t particularly bright. Whether he is violent or not I don’t know, but he doesn’t sound like someone you could have a normal conversation with if he doesn’t agree with your point of view.

If you don't like people reacting to you, perhaps don't push your political opinion on people on a football forum and people wouldn't react? Just a thought hun.

Rule Britannia! on 19:39 - Aug 30 with 1005 viewsgrumpy

Rule Britannia! on 19:14 - Aug 30 by Boris_

If you don't like people reacting to you, perhaps don't push your political opinion on people on a football forum and people wouldn't react? Just a thought hun.

Pot calling kettle black
Rule Britannia! on 19:45 - Aug 30 with 1002 viewskentsouthampton

Rule Britannia! on 19:14 - Aug 30 by Boris_

The irony.
Rule Britannia! on 20:15 - Aug 30 with 973 viewsBoris_

Rule Britannia! on 19:39 - Aug 30 by grumpy

Pot calling kettle black

Where have I ever moaned about you bunch of cry babies losing your temper with me?

Meanwhile our resident cry baby Soppy is having yet another tantrum because people don't like his nonsense opinions.

Rule Britannia! on 20:28 - Aug 30 with 979 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 19:09 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

We are football fans on this forum. Have you ever played football? The verbal abuse that goes on in any form of the game is massive. Sunday league, people you don’t know call you all sorts. I and most others in here would’ve been called far worse than bellend in our time.
Even at work in most professions, especially forces or building trade etc, you get abuse and sworn at. So what? That doesn’t mean the person involved is a “thug”.
Men usually manage to shrug this sort of stuff off. Even kids in the playground do. It’s life.

Rule Britannia! on 20:38 - Aug 30 with 965 viewsSadoldgit

Yes I played football. Every Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for many years. I also worked from 18 until I retired. I never have been sworn at at work and was rarely sworn at in football matches.
Rule Britannia! on 20:47 - Aug 30 with 951 viewsBicester_North

Rule Britannia! on 20:38 - Aug 30 by Sadoldgit

Yes I played football. Every Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for many years. I also worked from 18 until I retired. I never have been sworn at at work and was rarely sworn at in football matches.

Well that is a stunning announcement. How about going to football matches, never been sworn at by opposition fans either?
Bellend isn’t swearing either mind you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024