Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports 15:47 - Aug 26 with 5458 viewsPoirot

Not surprised one bit and he's only himself to blame.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 15:58]
Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:54 - Aug 26 with 4621 viewsSonicBoom

You are suggesting he was sacked for his views which you disagree with.

He was actually released along with Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson so it's probably a shake up or just trimming numbers.
Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:58 - Aug 26 with 4599 viewsPoirot

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:54 - Aug 26 by SonicBoom

He was actually released along with Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson so it's probably a shake up or just trimming numbers.

Yeah right ! Up until five months ago, MLT was well respected figure at Sky Sports

Then we have five months of promoting a conspiracy theory with spouting daily bollocks and forwarding dangerous misinformation links. Sky sports would want to get rid of that toxic embarrassment.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 16:00]
Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 16:00 - Aug 26 with 4581 viewsThermosNBlanket

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:58 - Aug 26 by Poirot

Yeah right ! Up until five months ago, MLT was well respected figure at Sky Sports

Then we have five months of promoting a conspiracy theory with spouting daily bollocks and forwarding dangerous misinformation links. Sky sports would want to get rid of that toxic embarrassment.

Are you having his babies?

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 16:11 - Aug 26 with 4547 viewsJaySaint

about time. we need more ladies on the team, not some player from 20 years ago...

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 16:24 - Aug 26 with 4512 viewssolent_toffee

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:54 - Aug 26 by SonicBoom

I don’t mind Le Tiss even though he’s often wrong about most incidents during games. But surely the take away from this thread should be that the most beaut Thompson has been binned off, great stuff.

No doubt he will be replaced with two more ex-Liverpool players to keep their ratios up.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 4454 viewsPatfromPoole

I think MLT and Charlie Nicholas are both decent pundits and very watchable on there.

For them to keep Merson is a complete joke.

I expect to see more of gobshites like Jamie O’Hara on there.

Poor decision.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 16:55 - Aug 26 with 4422 viewsWints76

Ha, yeh, Jamie O'Hara could well be the man. Or Clinton Morrison, who makes Merson looks like a Poindexter type figure.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 17:13 - Aug 26 with 4374 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 16:55 - Aug 26 by Wints76

Ha, yeh, Jamie O'Hara could well be the man. Or Clinton Morrison, who makes Merson looks like a Poindexter type figure.

The replacements will have to be female and black won't they.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 17:13 - Aug 26 with 4375 viewsPoirot

Diversity incoming i imagine, but all gossip points towards it being only Nicholas and Thompson that was being replaced. Le Tissier talked himself into the sack with his five months of ranting about a conspiracy theory hoax virus and vaccination scam. If youre in the public eye, you cant say these things and anyone with anything up top wouldnt make them public to tens of thousands of football fans, journalists and employers.

He ignored the advice and his arrogance has cost him his job.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 17:14]
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 17:30 - Aug 26 with 4336 viewsVagina_Dentata

Soccer Sackerday

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 17:44 - Aug 26 with 4293 viewsJaySaint

this pair would tick a few required boxes.........

https://images.app.goo.gl/yqcdggX72XvCAHu28

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 18:51 - Aug 26 with 4188 viewsPoirot

Le Tissier dodged the sack in 2009 when he embrassingly included illegal betting scam in his book.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 19:08 - Aug 26 with 4160 viewsKennington

Noticed Sky has binned Botham and Gower, so I’d imagine that these old guard haven’t been renewed because many of the viewers won’t know who they are. Although Tiss is younger than the some he’s still a few generations removed from the viewers. I’m sure his recent Twitter comments did him no favours during the renewal contract process.

As to ethnicity, it got me thinking while watching the snooker. The snooker had three Asian presenters, yet none of the players are Asian unless you count the Far East Asian Chinese and one Thai. Certainly none of the players are Pakistani or Indian which don’t have a history of the game. It just seemed like weird shoehorning of the BBC chucking in ethnic minorities on the telly. Statically if telly was to represent the population only 1 in 10 presenters should be from an ethnic minority. It seems these days a lot higher than that.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 19:10]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 19:19 - Aug 26 with 4134 viewssolent_toffee

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 16:55 - Aug 26 by Wints76

O’Hara is the absolute worst. Bog average player at best, criticising top players like Kane, Salah, Mane etc.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 23:02 - Aug 26 with 3995 viewsdarthvader

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 17:13 - Aug 26 by Saintsforeverj

The replacements will have to be female and black won't they.

Yes please ...Alex Scott then...

keep the faith coyr

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 23:35 - Aug 26 with 3955 viewshedgeend61

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 23:02 - Aug 26 by darthvader

Yes please ...Alex Scott then...

Please, no women, the female commentators and pundits on MOTD are terrible.
Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 00:11 - Aug 27 with 3937 viewshedgeend61

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 15:58 - Aug 26 by Poirot

When my daughter told me, my first thoughts were Poirot will be happy, and guess what a 4th Matt thread. Who'd really have thought?
Your works nearly done here eh?
Just need to grass Matt up to SFC now and get him sacked as ambassador. Job done.

Merson must be next on your list?
Alkie, druggie, wife beater, drunk driver and useless pundit, to name a few, and still working.
Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 09:02 - Aug 27 with 3757 viewsChesham_Saint

Le Tissier SACKED Fromn Sky Sports on 00:11 - Aug 27 by hedgeend61

When my daughter told me, my first thoughts were Poirot will be happy, and guess what a 4th Matt thread. Who'd really have thought?
Your works nearly done here eh?
Just need to grass Matt up to SFC now and get him sacked as ambassador. Job done.

Merson must be next on your list?
Alkie, druggie, wife beater, drunk driver and useless pundit, to name a few, and still working.

Merson’s probably proud of that record, it being those qualities that got him a job with the skates....!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 10:38 - Aug 27 with 3705 viewsJaySaint

MLT gets sacked, probably for talking nonsense

Lineker however.....

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 10:53 - Aug 27 with 3687 viewsWints76

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 10:38 - Aug 27 by JaySaint

Lineker however.....

Has anything been confirmed about Matt sacking reason? I wonder if BT may offer him a role? Also, I think Merson used to be freelance rather than employed by Sky. It could be they haven't sacked him because they don't need to (that info could be out of date)

Anyway, what has Gary Lineker got to do with this? Am I allowed to like MLT and Lineker?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 10:54]
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 11:15 - Aug 27 with 3659 viewsSonicBoom

I don't mind them freshening up the panel. It will be good to see some new faces. BUT ..that's providing they are people that can communicate well and string a sentence together.

There seems to be a current fashion to employ any ex player and it's justified by the fact they have played at a certain level. Apparently this means they automatically know more about football than anyone else which I don't believe is true. Often footballers are thick as planks and they are instinctively good at playing football. That doesn't qualify them to be a broadcaster.
Being a broadcaster and a footballer are two entirely different skills. I want to hear good clear analysis put over in an intelligent way. I don't want to hear "well er, he's totally dun him there" or worse someone like Merson who can't get his words out at all, gets all the names wrong and at times is completely unintelligible.
Im getting tired of the newer pundits that have played for various teams but talk the same way as some bloke down the pub. If I want to hear that...I'll go to the pub.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 11:46 - Aug 27 with 3630 viewskingolaf

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 11:15 - Aug 27 by SonicBoom

I don't mind them freshening up the panel. It will be good to see some new faces. BUT ..that's providing they are people that can communicate well and string a sentence together.

There seems to be a current fashion to employ any ex player and it's justified by the fact they have played at a certain level. Apparently this means they automatically know more about football than anyone else which I don't believe is true. Often footballers are thick as planks and they are instinctively good at playing football. That doesn't qualify them to be a broadcaster.
Being a broadcaster and a footballer are two entirely different skills. I want to hear good clear analysis put over in an intelligent way. I don't want to hear "well er, he's totally dun him there" or worse someone like Merson who can't get his words out at all, gets all the names wrong and at times is completely unintelligible.
Im getting tired of the newer pundits that have played for various teams but talk the same way as some bloke down the pub. If I want to hear that...I'll go to the pub.

Experienced ex-players have forgotten more about the game than a mate in the pub.
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 12:45 - Aug 27 with 3594 viewsVagina_Dentata

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 10:38 - Aug 27 by JaySaint

Lineker however.....

I was watching some clips of the lads in action this morning, just about holding it together through the tears and semen, and I noticed that there was no mention or footage of Lineker - hopefully he too has been erased from Soccer Saturday. That foul traitor will soon get what’s coming to him.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 13:37 - Aug 27 with 3548 viewsSadoldgit

Am I the only one that think that Lineker is good at his job?
Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 13:45 - Aug 27 with 3539 viewsBoris_

Le Tissier SACKED From Sky Sports on 10:53 - Aug 27 by Wints76

Has anything been confirmed about Matt sacking reason? I wonder if BT may offer him a role? Also, I think Merson used to be freelance rather than employed by Sky. It could be they haven't sacked him because they don't need to (that info could be out of date)

Anyway, what has Gary Lineker got to do with this? Am I allowed to like MLT and Lineker?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 10:54]

All Sky presenters/pundits will be employed by Sky on an adhoc PAYE contract, including Merson.

Nobody will have been sacked, they will have just been told they won't be used for Soccer Saturday next season.

Poll: Claude Puel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024