Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season card sales 15:46 - Sep 1 with 6092 viewsjudd

1,056 plus 148 family tickets up to yesterday Ive been told.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season card sales on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 3686 viewsboromat

On Twitter earlier. Nowhere near what I was expecting especially after those first day queues. Think I was a bit naive looking like there will be plenty of tickets available for none season ticket holders.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season card sales on 15:55 - Sep 1 with 3664 viewsSuddenLad

I notice that the message has been edited from the original that appeared earlier, which quoted the specific numbers that Judd has referred to.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season card sales on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 3620 viewsDaleFan7

If we've sold around 1,000 then that means an extra £50,000 on previous year's prices with the price increase. Would the club have sold 250 (at Sandy Lane prices) more season tickets had prices stayed the same to bridge that £50 a ticket gap?

I'd hazard a guess at yes.
Season card sales on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 3536 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 16:04 - Sep 1 by DaleFan7

If we've sold around 1,000 then that means an extra £50,000 on previous year's prices with the price increase. Would the club have sold 250 (at Sandy Lane prices) more season tickets had prices stayed the same to bridge that £50 a ticket gap?

2,485 season tickets were sold in the early bird period last season. That's an almost 60% downturn.

Season card sales on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 3385 viewsDalenet

Season card sales on 16:04 - Sep 1 by DaleFan7

I doubt it very much. Less than half have renewed and it can't be just about cost. The prices are no higher than they were 5 years ago if I remember rightly.

Whilst I have argued strongly on other threads that we can't expect people hurt financially by the pandemic to support the club willy nilly, the fear factor around attending the stadium and needing to commit up front to a season that has so much uncertainty will have had a big impact.

The club will be hurting by those numbers so will need to put its thinking cap on quickly
Season card sales on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 3294 viewsDale23years

Are we really surprise by the numbers, we've had nothing but negative vibes coming from our chairman and CEO.

After last season negative boring crap football, that have put a lot off, none of the people I go with have got a season ticket this year.

We've got the worst forward line with 5 days to go to our first competitive game, I've seen in a long time.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Season card sales on 17:47 - Sep 1 with 3251 viewssurb_dale

Still over a month to the first attended game v Fleetwood but there's a danger the attendance will be well below the limited capacity of 2100! Price may only be a small factor in those season card numbers. Uncertainty, sanitised matchday experience, virus fear (elderly fan base) and general apathy for the season given current squad all will contribute. Think the club need to market those Dale family tickets more as I can't see many home fans willing to stump up the standard admission prices. A decent striker would help as well.

You can see why there's been no signings as money coming in is shaping up to be much less than last season. The sooner we can get back normal attendance the better with away fans being allowed in. Not sure if the club can survive a full season of restricted attendance.
Season card sales on 17:50 - Sep 1 with 3229 views442Dale

Those numbers are probably about 500 shy of what we were probably capable of. As others have said, the messaging and activity around the squad will have impacted sales. Whereas the club can be rightly praised around the logistics of the sales and keeping supporters informed, they have to acknowledge little has been achieved so far in terms of giving those same fans something to look forward to in terms of having a competitive side to watch (either in the ground or on ifollow).

BBM wanted “5/6 players” two weeks ago. The goalkeeper remains the only addition, four days before the season begins and ahead of three competitive games in a week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season card sales on 18:01 - Sep 1 with 3174 viewsnordenblue

Season card sales on 17:41 - Sep 1 by Dale23years

Are we really surprise by the numbers, we've had nothing but negative vibes coming from our chairman and CEO.

After last season negative boring crap football, that have put a lot off, none of the people I go with have got a season ticket this year.

We've got the worst forward line with 5 days to go to our first competitive game, I've seen in a long time.

Its not "the worst forward line" we haven't even fooking got one.... just as I said weeks ago,there will be many many not wanting to step foot near a football stadium for a long long time,as I mentioned previously I cant see my mum in the garden but its absolutely fine to go and sit in a stadium surrounded by hundreds of strangers... the world's fooking bonkers...
Season card sales on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 3158 viewsSuddenLad

Season card sales on 17:50 - Sep 1 by 442Dale

Those numbers are probably about 500 shy of what we were probably capable of. As others have said, the messaging and activity around the squad will have impacted sales. Whereas the club can be rightly praised around the logistics of the sales and keeping supporters informed, they have to acknowledge little has been achieved so far in terms of giving those same fans something to look forward to in terms of having a competitive side to watch (either in the ground or on ifollow).

BBM wanted “5/6 players” two weeks ago. The goalkeeper remains the only addition, four days before the season begins and ahead of three competitive games in a week.

I genuinely feel sorry for BBM. Clearly he has enthusiasm for the job, he has ideas, he has targets and has no doubt has spoken to several possible signings. He is ambitious and wants us to progress.

Sadly, all we hear from the bean counters is the cry of poverty. No money, to spend, whilst we have a squad without a recognised goal scorer and no indication that we will have any before Saturday.

Maybe we will be utilising the loan system so we will have to wait and see. What we do need is some communication from within. Updates, positive talk, let's hear about ambition, because unless we hear it, sales will peter out to nothing.

First day of open sales today. Noticeably, no photos of queues at the COA (which there would be if crowds and queues had formed), no news of how many sales. It tells its' own story.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season card sales on 18:13 - Sep 1 with 3127 viewsTVOS1907

Season card sales on 18:01 - Sep 1 by nordenblue

Its not "the worst forward line" we haven't even fooking got one.... just as I said weeks ago,there will be many many not wanting to step foot near a football stadium for a long long time,as I mentioned previously I cant see my mum in the garden but its absolutely fine to go and sit in a stadium surrounded by hundreds of strangers... the world's fooking bonkers...

Can your mum play up front?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season card sales on 18:27 - Sep 1 with 3073 viewsjudd

Season card sales on 18:07 - Sep 1 by SuddenLad

I genuinely feel sorry for BBM. Clearly he has enthusiasm for the job, he has ideas, he has targets and has no doubt has spoken to several possible signings. He is ambitious and wants us to progress.

Sadly, all we hear from the bean counters is the cry of poverty. No money, to spend, whilst we have a squad without a recognised goal scorer and no indication that we will have any before Saturday.

Maybe we will be utilising the loan system so we will have to wait and see. What we do need is some communication from within. Updates, positive talk, let's hear about ambition, because unless we hear it, sales will peter out to nothing.

First day of open sales today. Noticeably, no photos of queues at the COA (which there would be if crowds and queues had formed), no news of how many sales. It tells its' own story.

Perhaps they've all gone on a well deserved holiday?

Season card sales on 18:59 - Sep 1 with 2962 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’d guess there are hundreds who are waiting to see what happens, and whether we actually get to see games live, and for how long. I’ve bought a season card, but it’s probably a bit of a leap of faith. As mentioned elsewhere , I wonder if the club will survive on gates of under 2000 /zero all season

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season card sales on 19:09 - Sep 1 with 2930 viewsnordenblue

Season card sales on 18:13 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Can your mum play up front?

Depends how much you've got.....
Season card sales on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 2924 viewsDalenet

Season card sales on 18:01 - Sep 1 by nordenblue

There will need to be far greater clarity on what is allowed at football stadia if we are allowed in come October.

For example Shrewsbury are saying that all fans will need to sit with face masks on throughout the game and that they won't open kiosks inside the stadium because of the risks with queues etc. Whereas we are saying we will open the kiosks and you won't need to wear masks once seated. Its a bit of an unknown mess and if we want people to buy tickets they need to have clarity on why it is safe.

I am still not optimistic that COA will be open to fans come October given that Rochdale can't get the infection rate down. But there is a month to fix that.
Season card sales on 19:19 - Sep 1 with 2889 viewsscarrow

Unfortunately there seems to be a distinct lack of ambition/ability/urgency to get deals done. Yes these are tricky times but surely it is best invest wisely to try and stay in league 1, which means actually recruiting players. I've no doubt the extra players will appear at some point but at present we have a squad which is probably the weakest in league 1. It's a good job there's no fans on Saturday because at this point I'd reckon they'd be some well aimed verbals at the boardroom.

Poll: Final position

Season card sales on 19:22 - Sep 1 with 2874 viewsD_Alien

Season card sales on 18:59 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

I’d guess there are hundreds who are waiting to see what happens, and whether we actually get to see games live, and for how long. I’ve bought a season card, but it’s probably a bit of a leap of faith. As mentioned elsewhere , I wonder if the club will survive on gates of under 2000 /zero all season

Your're right, many will be playing a waiting game

We were told to be patient, and we're showing just how to go about doing it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season card sales on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 2843 viewsisitme

Season card sales on 19:11 - Sep 1 by Dalenet

There will need to be far greater clarity on what is allowed at football stadia if we are allowed in come October.

For example Shrewsbury are saying that all fans will need to sit with face masks on throughout the game and that they won't open kiosks inside the stadium because of the risks with queues etc. Whereas we are saying we will open the kiosks and you won't need to wear masks once seated. Its a bit of an unknown mess and if we want people to buy tickets they need to have clarity on why it is safe.

I am still not optimistic that COA will be open to fans come October given that Rochdale can't get the infection rate down. But there is a month to fix that.

Dead easy.

Stop knocking on doors, stop testing people without symptoms, close pop up testing centres. Cases will drop significantly. At the moment most of the cases are people without symptoms. Bare in mind you can test positive up to 12 weeks after infection but you are only infectious for two weeks. How many of the people currently testing positive are actually infectious?
Season card sales on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 2842 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Season card sales on 18:59 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

My issue with some people on this thread is that does anyone seriously think that we’re the only club in this position? Unless you’re blessed with a sugar daddy to underwrite your debt then every club in our division is at least as poor as us.
I must admit I’m as sick as the next fan at our CEO’s constant “we’re skint” mantra as most clubs in our league have the kind of eye watering levels of debt that would have sunk Dale a long time ago.
Time for the board to step up & put a bit of cash in to keep us in league 1 if possible, if that’s unachievable then at least we’ve had a good go at it.
It’s also about selling the product to the fans, I admire Bottomley’s honesty & pragmatism to a point but you’ve got to push the product to an already crowded marketplace.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 19:38]
Season card sales on 19:49 - Sep 1 with 2760 viewsJames1980

Maybe this is where the Yanks marketing team would have been of benefit. They could have called up those who have not renewed and found out why not and if they would like to renew. That info could have been feedback to the BODs.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 19:52]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season card sales on 19:51 - Sep 1 with 2750 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season card sales on 19:49 - Sep 1 by James1980

Maybe this is where the Yanks marketing team would have been of benefit. They could have called up those who have not renewed and found out why not and if they would like to renew. That info could have been feedback to the BODs.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 19:52]

No reason ours can’t , it’s poor if they don’t

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season card sales on 19:53 - Sep 1 with 2736 viewsJames1980

Season card sales on 19:51 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

Are there enough of them though?

Season card sales on 19:55 - Sep 1 with 2725 views442Dale

Season card sales on 19:51 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

There’s no reason why the manager hasn’t done an interview after our last friendly either so we know how he feels pre-season has gone.

The club give people the opportunity to criticise and, at times, it’s completely justified. Basics to engage and attempt to get people onside.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season card sales on 19:57 - Sep 1 with 2715 viewsncfc_chalky

Season card sales on 19:53 - Sep 1 by James1980

Are there enough of them though?

Supporters?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season card sales on 19:59 - Sep 1 with 2702 viewsJames1980

Season card sales on 19:57 - Sep 1 by ncfc_chalky

Supporters?

Marketing staff who could call season ticket holders.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024