Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth 08:44 - Sep 8 with 1303 viewsChesham_Saint

I must admit I never paid much attention to the quality of their players, but they seem to be losing quite a few and but none to top 6 clubs. Is this the fate that would await us if we went down and does it mean they’re fvcked for the upcoming season?

Perhaps we shouldn’t care, but as this is a football site I thought it more relevant than supposed government cock-ups, illegal Immigration and sexual orientation...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bournemouth on 09:39 - Sep 8 with 1241 viewsButty101

They lost Ake to man city.

I would like us to have got Brooks, but would imagine he is well out of our budget.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bournemouth on 09:51 - Sep 8 with 1226 viewssolent_toffee

They massively took their eye off the ball last season. They had a good manager and some decent players, Brooks, King, Wilson, Ake would get into most premier league squads. On paper they much better then Villa IMHO.

I’d like Brooks at Everton, localish lad too (Warrington).
Bournemouth on 09:53 - Sep 8 with 1222 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth on 09:39 - Sep 8 by Butty101

They lost Ake to man city.

I would like us to have got Brooks, but would imagine he is well out of our budget.

Much of their team was ok but they didnt have anyone outstanding in my opinion, Brooks is still relatively inexperienced, 30 games for Sheff Utd and 39 games for Bournemouth

Lots of agents talk but I cant see Man Utd paying £40 million for him, mind you City paid that for Ake who I dont think is a great player, good but not great

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 09:58 - Sep 8 with 1210 viewsericofarabia

We will be relinquishing our coveted Net Spend Trophy to them for sure!
Bournemouth on 10:26 - Sep 8 with 1179 viewsBuggalugs

Bournemouth on 09:58 - Sep 8 by ericofarabia

We will be relinquishing our coveted Net Spend Trophy to them for sure!

That only applies to Premier League clubs which still puts us in a strong position having had a cost neutral transfer window so far with 2 in and 2 out for almost identical amounts.

With the newly promoted clubs, Newcastle and the likes of Sheffield United spending heavily already, if we can move on just one more for an average fee, we'll be frontrunners to regain the trophy.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Bournemouth on 11:14 - Sep 8 with 1135 viewsButty101

Bournemouth on 10:26 - Sep 8 by Buggalugs

That only applies to Premier League clubs which still puts us in a strong position having had a cost neutral transfer window so far with 2 in and 2 out for almost identical amounts.

With the newly promoted clubs, Newcastle and the likes of Sheffield United spending heavily already, if we can move on just one more for an average fee, we'll be frontrunners to regain the trophy.

I think Newcastle have done good business.
Wilson is decent andneeds to prove last season was a blip rather than hes on the wane. They also got Fraser from Bourenmouth. I wonder how he feels having thought he might get a move to Arsenal or spurs then ended up at Newcastle. They are also after Lewis of Norwich.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bournemouth on 16:10 - Sep 8 with 998 viewsSaintsforeverj

Bournemouth came up, spent loads on players they couldn't afford in a stadium that holds 11 000, gone down and now they need to sell them all. Eddie has gone. They will be in the lower leagues and never to be seen as a force again. The natural order will be restored, just as it was for Wigan, Bolton, Swindon and so on.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 16:10]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Bournemouth on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 784 viewsBlue

Bournemouth on 16:10 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

Bournemouth came up, spent loads on players they couldn't afford in a stadium that holds 11 000, gone down and now they need to sell them all. Eddie has gone. They will be in the lower leagues and never to be seen as a force again. The natural order will be restored, just as it was for Wigan, Bolton, Swindon and so on.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 16:10]

"The natural order will be restored"

that's exactly the thinking the glory-hunting c0ckwombles have.

No wonder there's not enough competition at the top, any team that dares to upset the 'modus operandi' gets hammered by the 'fans' of the so-called 'big clubs'.

Still stood in the Kippax

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth on 21:56 - Sep 13 with 780 viewsBlue

Bournemouth on 09:51 - Sep 8 by solent_toffee

They massively took their eye off the ball last season. They had a good manager and some decent players, Brooks, King, Wilson, Ake would get into most premier league squads. On paper they much better then Villa IMHO.

I’d like Brooks at Everton, localish lad too (Warrington).

ex-City academy, and a City fan to boot ;o)

Still stood in the Kippax

Bournemouth on 07:26 - Sep 14 with 653 viewssaint22

Bournemouth on 11:14 - Sep 8 by Butty101

I think Newcastle have done good business.
Wilson is decent andneeds to prove last season was a blip rather than hes on the wane. They also got Fraser from Bourenmouth. I wonder how he feels having thought he might get a move to Arsenal or spurs then ended up at Newcastle. They are also after Lewis of Norwich.

I think we should be nabbing Lerma from them
Bournemouth on 13:49 - Sep 14 with 529 viewsTimSaint

Bournemouth on 07:26 - Sep 14 by saint22

I think we should be nabbing Lerma from them

Think they paid something like £28m for Lerma - £8m more than our record transfer, so even now they have a fire sale, I doubt we would be able to afford him.

It all seems to have gone quiet on the CM front, now that the American target from the Bundesliga has gone to Serie A and the guy from Celtic seems to have opted not to join us.

We need to replace PEH. I know we shuffled it round a little v Palace, but I don't really think Smallbone is a wide right player and RH didn't trust him to play in the centre and move JWP out wide. That tells me we need another CM - especially when you add Romeu's bad passing and liking of a yellow card to the mix.

TimSaint

Bournemouth on 13:50 - Sep 14 with 528 viewssaint22

Bournemouth on 13:49 - Sep 14 by TimSaint

Think they paid something like £28m for Lerma - £8m more than our record transfer, so even now they have a fire sale, I doubt we would be able to afford him.

It all seems to have gone quiet on the CM front, now that the American target from the Bundesliga has gone to Serie A and the guy from Celtic seems to have opted not to join us.

We need to replace PEH. I know we shuffled it round a little v Palace, but I don't really think Smallbone is a wide right player and RH didn't trust him to play in the centre and move JWP out wide. That tells me we need another CM - especially when you add Romeu's bad passing and liking of a yellow card to the mix.

We needed at least one CM as soon as we knew PEH was leaving, why don't we have one in yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024