Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bale and Walcott 09:12 - Sep 16 with 814 viewsMytchettSaint

As it’s being reported in the press that Spurs are in talks to re sign Bale I’ve also just seen that Everton are looking at releasing some of their high earners after their summer spending, among them Theo Walcott. I’d completely forgotten he was there! That was definitely a talent that never fulfilled the potential.
As both former Saints academy players would anyone on here say that Walcott went on to have the career he’d look set to have?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bale and Walcott on 09:28 - Sep 16 with 793 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely not, but you could say that about Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Shaw.

The first 3 showed that (in my view) they simply left too early, they should have stayed and developed with Saints a bit further. Lallana left as an established player at the top of HIS level, the above never seemed to progress further and in Chambers' case, completely regressed.

Shaw is an odd one. He was outstanding for Saints but I think he never helped himself with his diet and attitude. Again, staying at Saints MIGHT have helped him rather than Mourinho who obviously didn't like him. But who knows.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bale and Walcott on 09:48 - Sep 16 with 765 viewsSadoldgit

I never rated Chambers and was amazed that we managed to get £16m for him.
Bale and Walcott on 09:59 - Sep 16 with 751 viewssolent_toffee

I wouldn’t mind keeping Walcott, when he does play or come on as sub he more often than not makes things happen. The problem with him is he is always picking up small knocks that keep him out for 5-6 weeks at a time.

Also think he would benefit from playing in a better, more settled Everton team this season.
Bale and Walcott on 10:24 - Sep 16 with 711 viewsMytchettSaint

Bale and Walcott on 09:59 - Sep 16 by solent_toffee

I wouldn’t mind keeping Walcott, when he does play or come on as sub he more often than not makes things happen. The problem with him is he is always picking up small knocks that keep him out for 5-6 weeks at a time.

Also think he would benefit from playing in a better, more settled Everton team this season.

Interesting to hear that, I just assumed he’d not been involved in the first team recently. Apparently there are 8 big earners you’re looking to offload. I think Everton could well be at the start of an upward spike over the next few years. A good manager, some good signings (James Rodriguez a player I am looking forward to seeing how he does) and the new ground looks fantastic. When do you move into the new ground?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bale and Walcott on 11:00 - Sep 16 with 679 viewssolent_toffee

Bale and Walcott on 10:24 - Sep 16 by MytchettSaint

Interesting to hear that, I just assumed he’d not been involved in the first team recently. Apparently there are 8 big earners you’re looking to offload. I think Everton could well be at the start of an upward spike over the next few years. A good manager, some good signings (James Rodriguez a player I am looking forward to seeing how he does) and the new ground looks fantastic. When do you move into the new ground?

When fit he has tended to play and do alright, but then gets a slight knock and is out for a while. I think generally he is well liked at the club but was brought in during a bit of a shitstorm.

He’s be one of the few big earners that I’d be keeping as you still need to have a squad. The likes of Bolasie, Besic and Ramirez would go first although none of them have been near the first team squad in years.

Hopefully Ancelotti will bring in higher quality players then his predecessors, it’s looks promising so far, although early doors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024