Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our defence bad again 20:29 - Sep 16 with 2674 viewsSaintsforeverj

Brentford player totally unmarked and arrived unchallenged. Whole team playing badly though to be fair.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 20:30]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Our defence on 20:30 - Sep 16 with 2338 viewsSonicBoom

We're very sloppy. They nearly made it 2 then. Ralph won't be happy.
Our defence on 20:32 - Sep 16 with 2327 viewsSaintsforeverj

Our defence on 20:30 - Sep 16 by SonicBoom

2 nil now. Absolutely dreadful.

Our defence bad again on 20:33 - Sep 16 with 2320 viewsclunk76

oh dear....
Our defence on 20:34 - Sep 16 with 2300 viewsButty101

Our defence on 20:30 - Sep 16 by SonicBoom

I’ve come to the conclusion Ralph is a hot or cold manager. We either seem to be on good runs of results or stinkers. Looks like we are on a stinker

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Our defence bad again on 20:34 - Sep 16 with 2290 viewsSonicBoom

Not sure what's happened since we cam e back. Passing is terrible and general play lacks the bite and authority we had after lockdown.
Our defence bad again on 20:35 - Sep 16 with 2272 viewsSadoldgit

Appalling defending. Poor finishing. We have gone backwards big time.
Our defence on 20:35 - Sep 16 with 2265 viewssaint22

Our defence on 20:32 - Sep 16 by Saintsforeverj

2 nil now. Absolutely dreadful.

absolutely shocking half
so slow, pedestrian, disinterested, our defending is atrocious, honestly awful
mccarthy is a liability, both our CBs are, midfield non existent, Redmond is still on holiday
we will struggle again this season, as we already are
Our defence bad again on 20:38 - Sep 16 with 2226 viewsbattler

No-one picking up the runner from midfield for the second goal and McCarthy should of done better.
Absolute sh!te, shame we can only use 3 subs...
Login to get fewer ads

Our defence bad again on 20:39 - Sep 16 with 2205 viewsSaintsforeverj

To be honest, the one consolation is that I don't want to miss out on a brilliant cup run as we arn't allowed to go. But it's a little bit worrying watching our first team get torn apart by Brentford.

Our defence bad again on 20:51 - Sep 16 with 2106 viewsSonicBoom

I know lots of people seem to like him but I can't watch Stephens. I'm sure he thinks he's VVD. He's so ponderous on the ball and takes ages to finally pass to the opposition. And worse news, he's apparently signed a 'bumper' new deal. So I get to watch him f things up for several more years. Great....
Our defence bad again on 20:57 - Sep 16 with 2076 viewsTripleNiemi

Our defence bad again on 20:51 - Sep 16 by SonicBoom

I know lots of people seem to like him but I can't watch Stephens. I'm sure he thinks he's VVD. He's so ponderous on the ball and takes ages to finally pass to the opposition. And worse news, he's apparently signed a 'bumper' new deal. So I get to watch him f things up for several more years. Great....

He's gash.....end of

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Our defence bad again on 21:26 - Sep 16 with 1989 views10i

Our defence bad again on 20:51 - Sep 16 by SonicBoom

Unfortunately you are right. Some time ago the only thing you couldn't fault him was a lack of commitment, which partly made up for the lack of ability. Now he somehow thinks he is gifted with ability so doesn't need to work or care any more. He was mediocre when he tried and fought for his life, but when he doesn't try, does let players run through on goal, when he won't challenge for headers, then he really is crap...
Our defence bad again on 21:33 - Sep 16 with 1962 viewsclunk76

Utterly devoid of any invention. I know its early doors but the signs are extremely worrying.
Our defence bad again on 21:40 - Sep 16 with 1914 viewssaint22

Our defence bad again on 21:33 - Sep 16 by clunk76

Utterly devoid of any invention. I know its early doors but the signs are extremely worrying.

very true, as we can't swap many players out of that 11
all joking aside I would prefer to have brentford's 2 CBs than ours
Our defence bad again on 21:47 - Sep 16 with 1861 viewsSouthSeaSaint

poor performance against an under strength Palace side and bested by a similar under strength Championship team.
We were poor in all depts and Brentford won at a canter.
Our defence bad again on 21:50 - Sep 16 with 1815 viewsSadoldgit

The first half looked like a training pitch session. Better second half attitude but never looked like pulling the game back. Desperate for some new blood.
Our defence bad again on 22:02 - Sep 16 with 1740 viewsWestEndBoy

Why does it seem again that Ralph’s message and style has been lost.players look like they need constant retraining of systems
Our defence bad again on 22:12 - Sep 16 with 1682 viewsSaintsforeverj

Our defence bad again on 22:02 - Sep 16 by WestEndBoy

Why does it seem again that Ralph’s message and style has been lost.players look like they need constant retraining of systems

Who knows but the players know they can't be replaced. There isn't any competition for places. There is nobody better than Bertrand, Walker-Peters, Redmond, Adams, Ings, Romeu etc, so they know they won't lose their place. Are they demotivated when they see Newcastle buying Wilson, Villa spending, Spurs getting Bale, Everton with Rodriguez etc and us buying nobody? Are the takeover reports affecting the players? Who knows but yeah, it was terrible tonight.

Our defence bad again on 22:49 - Sep 16 with 1610 viewsDorsetIan

Our defence bad again on 22:12 - Sep 16 by Saintsforeverj

Who knows but the players know they can't be replaced. There isn't any competition for places. There is nobody better than Bertrand, Walker-Peters, Redmond, Adams, Ings, Romeu etc, so they know they won't lose their place. Are they demotivated when they see Newcastle buying Wilson, Villa spending, Spurs getting Bale, Everton with Rodriguez etc and us buying nobody? Are the takeover reports affecting the players? Who knows but yeah, it was terrible tonight.

I think they just got a bit too cocky and pride comes before a fall.

They did so well at the end of last season, then ings and JWP in the Engkand squad. They expected to cruise to victory at Palace and got a big shock.

In retrospect it was probably a bit silly for Ralph to stick with the same team for this game as Brentford were at it right from the off and Saints were still reeling from Saturday.

The doubt has got back into their heads.

Need Armstrong back (any news?) and need talisman Ings to open his account. It’s all about confidence with this group.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Our defence bad again on 00:30 - Sep 17 with 1530 viewsKriSaint

Yeah, apparently we are still on holiday, bathing in the sun, celebrating our great project re-start results.
The good thing is that these two awful performances have come before the transfer window closes, and hopefully the powers at be can see that we clearly need to invest in the team as soon as possible and re-group with new blood in the squad and get on with it. Everton just signed 3 midfielders in a couple of days , and they went straight into the team.
Don´t be too disappointed - we have only played two matches. If anybody can sort this out, it´s Ralph.
Our defence bad again on 07:55 - Sep 17 with 1388 viewssaint22

Our defence bad again on 00:30 - Sep 17 by KriSaint

Yeah, apparently we are still on holiday, bathing in the sun, celebrating our great project re-start results.
The good thing is that these two awful performances have come before the transfer window closes, and hopefully the powers at be can see that we clearly need to invest in the team as soon as possible and re-group with new blood in the squad and get on with it. Everton just signed 3 midfielders in a couple of days , and they went straight into the team.
Don´t be too disappointed - we have only played two matches. If anybody can sort this out, it´s Ralph.

Yes but Everton spend money we dont
Our defence bad again on 08:22 - Sep 17 with 1361 viewsSadoldgit

I can’t blame Ralph for being slow to move out the deadwood. I can’t blame Ralph for poor recruitment. I can’t blame Ralph for the academy churning out Championship quality players. I can’t blame Ralph for the fact that highly paid professional footballers misplace passes or miss chances. We I can blame him for us leaving it so late to make substitutions. Why bring on 2 strikers when the game was already lost? Would Redman have gone off if he hadn’t have been injured? He was having a mare and probably should have been taken off at half time.

We miss Armstrong badly which again isn’t Ralph’s fault but where is the back up?

Semmens said we are strong going into the new season. I suppose he had to say that to make up for the fact that we have little money to spend on strengthening and are reliant on the youth coming through.

We will click again at some point and Salisu may yet do something to shore up a dodgy defence, but we are desperate for some quality signings if we are going to compete at all this season.
Our defence bad again on 08:34 - Sep 17 with 1344 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Our defence bad again on 08:22 - Sep 17 by Sadoldgit

I can’t blame Ralph for being slow to move out the deadwood. I can’t blame Ralph for poor recruitment. I can’t blame Ralph for the academy churning out Championship quality players. I can’t blame Ralph for the fact that highly paid professional footballers misplace passes or miss chances. We I can blame him for us leaving it so late to make substitutions. Why bring on 2 strikers when the game was already lost? Would Redman have gone off if he hadn’t have been injured? He was having a mare and probably should have been taken off at half time.

We miss Armstrong badly which again isn’t Ralph’s fault but where is the back up?

Semmens said we are strong going into the new season. I suppose he had to say that to make up for the fact that we have little money to spend on strengthening and are reliant on the youth coming through.

We will click again at some point and Salisu may yet do something to shore up a dodgy defence, but we are desperate for some quality signings if we are going to compete at all this season.

And the same question applies this season as to others;

Why do other teams seems to have so much more money available to spend on players? Where do they get their money from?

Spurs are supposed to be 'skint', yet they continue.
Newcastle are up for sale with an owner they hate, yet they've signed well in Wilson.
Everton just seem to keep growing money.
Where do Palace find £18m for Eze?

Sure, the club found a few million for Salisu, who is injured, but I'm baffled every year as to why this club struggles to spend? The last good transfer window was Koeman's first - proper recruitment and proper players. That transfer window had Koeman written all over it - he owned that window and got the players HE wanted.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Our defence bad again on 08:37 - Sep 17 with 1339 viewssaint22

Our defence bad again on 08:34 - Sep 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

And the same question applies this season as to others;

Why do other teams seems to have so much more money available to spend on players? Where do they get their money from?

Spurs are supposed to be 'skint', yet they continue.
Newcastle are up for sale with an owner they hate, yet they've signed well in Wilson.
Everton just seem to keep growing money.
Where do Palace find £18m for Eze?

Sure, the club found a few million for Salisu, who is injured, but I'm baffled every year as to why this club struggles to spend? The last good transfer window was Koeman's first - proper recruitment and proper players. That transfer window had Koeman written all over it - he owned that window and got the players HE wanted.

Wheres the 120m TV money gone?
It seems to me we literally only spend what we sell for and thats that, no investment anywhere
We are running on empty as we appear to have been for a while now, that means only one thing eventually........
Our defence bad again on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 1183 viewsSadoldgit

The under 23’s are 3-1 down to Chelsea after 20 minutes. Sims scored for Saints. Defence doesn’t seem to be our thing across the board.

4-1 down now.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 20:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024