Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs make Ings approach 20:34 - Sep 17 with 4118 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18728666.tottenham-approach-southampton-danny-

Seems as if Saints have rebuffed the offer but will it unsettle Ings?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 20:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Spurs make Ings approach on 20:58 - Sep 17 with 1986 viewsgrumpy

Should clubs like Liverpool and Spurs be allowed raid Saints at will like this?
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:01 - Sep 17 with 1979 viewskernow

May as well cash in. His head is possibly elsewhere now.
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:08 - Sep 17 with 1966 viewsgrumpy

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:01 - Sep 17 by kernow

It seems that we get someone in who makes an impact and off they go usually to either Liverpool or Spurs.
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:09 - Sep 17 with 1966 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:01 - Sep 17 by kernow

This is the worry. We play Spurs on Sunday, and no doubt someone from them will let Ings know how he can triple his wages at Spurs and play with Bale.

How far will this story develop and will affect the team or has it already affected them?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 21:10]

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:18 - Sep 17 with 1942 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

If he is sold, there will be many people for which this is the final straw with Saints in the top flight.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:19 - Sep 17 with 1936 views1885_SFC

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:18 - Sep 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

If he is sold, there will be many people for which this is the final straw with Saints in the top flight.

Me being one of them. Enough is enough.

Old School is Cool

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:20 - Sep 17 with 1935 viewsBoris_

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:18 - Sep 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yes. That would be it for me and Eastleigh would have a new Season Ticket Holder and I'd use the spare cash to sponsor something at Romsey Town.

I can't see it happening, but if it does, I'm off.

Poll: Claude Puel

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:20 - Sep 17 with 1934 viewsBicester_North

Pretty sure the club won’t sell him this season. Only hope he’s more of a Mané than a Van Dijk who sulks and ruins the dressing room.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 1916 viewsbattler

Of all the firkin teams showing an interest...
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 1917 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Bicester_North

Pretty sure the club won’t sell him this season. Only hope he’s more of a Mané than a Van Dijk who sulks and ruins the dressing room.

I would be surprised if Ings does anything that harms the club he supports. He doesn't seem that type from afar. But on the other hand, how many players have kissed the badge, shared their undivided love and then left? Who knows. But will Gao want to cash in? If Ings goes though as other have said, that's it, I would have had enough of the club taking the P out of its fans.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 21:31]

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:33 - Sep 17 with 1902 viewskingslandstand1

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:09 - Sep 17 by Saintsforeverj

This is the worry. We play Spurs on Sunday, and no doubt someone from them will let Ings know how he can triple his wages at Spurs and play with Bale.

How far will this story develop and will affect the team or has it already affected them?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 21:10]

Radio has said that we won't sell him - what else would they say - but maybe if the club actually showed at least a bit of ambition then maybe we as supporters would be a bit more positive about the club and look at a half full glass

Certainly the two performances so far don't help matters
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:35 - Sep 17 with 1893 viewskingslandstand1

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Boris_

Yes. That would be it for me and Eastleigh would have a new Season Ticket Holder and I'd use the spare cash to sponsor something at Romsey Town.

Bold statement Boris!
Spurs make Ings approach on 21:37 - Sep 17 with 1890 views1885_SFC

Once again, it's Ralph I'd feel sorry for. You can imagine the conversation tomorrow morning as a senior board member approaches the gaffer training over at Staplewood...

"Ralph, can I have a word? Listen, we've had a call from Daniel Levy at Spurs about the availability of Danny. We've said he's not for sale, sod off, no way... ... but these are trying times Ralph & they've offered £70M for his services. Now seventy million is a lot of money to a club like Southampton Ralph - it's the difference between sink or swim basically. So... if you could excuse Danny from training this morning, I've already told him he's free to talk to Spurs if he wishes. Sorry old chap. Bloody football eh. Anyway, good luck with training this morning. Oh, and I hope they're all looking sharp for the match on Sunday!"...

Old School is Cool

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 1863 viewsBoris_

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:35 - Sep 17 by kingslandstand1

Bold statement Boris!

I can promise you it's true. If we sold Ings then the Premier League can f*ck off and you won't see me at another game for as long as Saints are in it.

Not saying I won't support Saints or love them any less... I will just be spending my Saturday afternoons elsewhere.

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 1845 viewsKennington

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:37 - Sep 17 by 1885_SFC

Once again, it's Ralph I'd feel sorry for. You can imagine the conversation tomorrow morning as a senior board member approaches the gaffer training over at Staplewood...

"Ralph, can I have a word? Listen, we've had a call from Daniel Levy at Spurs about the availability of Danny. We've said he's not for sale, sod off, no way... ... but these are trying times Ralph & they've offered £70M for his services. Now seventy million is a lot of money to a club like Southampton Ralph - it's the difference between sink or swim basically. So... if you could excuse Danny from training this morning, I've already told him he's free to talk to Spurs if he wishes. Sorry old chap. Bloody football eh. Anyway, good luck with training this morning. Oh, and I hope they're all looking sharp for the match on Sunday!"...

...”Not all doom and gloom now Ralphy, Gao says you can buy any new striker you like to replace Danny, and will give you £9m to do just that”.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:00 - Sep 17 with 1839 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Spurs make Ings approach on 21:37 - Sep 17 by 1885_SFC

Agreed.

"Yes Ralph, we're really keen on building on the team's momentum and have several players lined up to approach in the 4 areas you've identified. Now if you sign this contract extension, that'll get the fans happy and we'll get on with sorting the team out for you."

Post-contract " You know Ralph, it's really tricky, none of the players are available and we also need to shift some of the squad out first. Plus you know, agents fees are too high and all that. When the window is over, we'll look at loans, yeah?"

End of window: "We can't afford the loan fees and the wages, so, we've sold Ings meaning next window you'll be able to get who you want, good, yeah?"

It's a joke.

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 1833 viewscocklebreath

Wow through thick and thin eh? How can you just say that’s it new team for me? Gumbo. Every time this happens everyone shouts and screams and then we move on, the last one that really gutted me was Ricky, since then it’s fook it move on.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:12 - Sep 17 with 1804 views1885_SFC

I still remember this...

Old School is Cool

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 1787 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:12 - Sep 17 by 1885_SFC

I still remember this...

Yes and as I said earlier, it was obvious Koeman was a strong character and was allowed to bring in whom he wanted.

Let's face it, Tadic and Pelle were not really known to Saints fans and I doubt they were top of the clubs "black box". Look at the dross the "black box" has unearthed for Saints in recent years.

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:23 - Sep 17 with 1778 viewsBoris_

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:01 - Sep 17 by cocklebreath

Wow through thick and thin eh? How can you just say that’s it new team for me? Gumbo. Every time this happens everyone shouts and screams and then we move on, the last one that really gutted me was Ricky, since then it’s fook it move on.

Hang on a minute, I said I'll come back when we're shit. So you can hardly call me a fair weather fan.

I'd much rather we were in the Championship playing football and have maintained that opinion ever since we were promoted. It's the best league in the world.

At least with Ings, we have a local lad doing well, so it blurs out a lot of the sh!teness off the Premier League.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 22:24]

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:52 - Sep 17 with 1734 viewsthissceptredsaint

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:19 - Sep 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yes and as I said earlier, it was obvious Koeman was a strong character and was allowed to bring in whom he wanted.

Let's face it, Tadic and Pelle were not really known to Saints fans and I doubt they were top of the clubs "black box". Look at the dross the "black box" has unearthed for Saints in recent years.

I agree about the black box

The timing of the smacks of spurs sxxthousing ahead of the game, i think they know he wont be going anywhere within this season...still its the usual plan with them
Spurs make Ings approach on 22:55 - Sep 17 with 1733 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Spurs make Ings approach on 22:52 - Sep 17 by thissceptredsaint

I agree about the black box

The timing of the smacks of spurs sxxthousing ahead of the game, i think they know he wont be going anywhere within this season...still its the usual plan with them

Agree.

You could read this a couple of ways;
1. Spurs unsettling a key player before a match. This is a Mourinho tactic and one he'd definitely use to kick start his team's season. If anyone hasn't watched Spurs: All or nothing on Amazon yet, do. It's very good.

2. Ings' agent stirring at the worst possible time, but in the hope it'll get his client more £ on his new contract.

Or I guess '3' ... Spurs may actually want him, Saints will give in for £50m and then sign some Juventus U21 player for £30m who turns out to be utter gash.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 22:55]

Spurs make Ings approach on 23:15 - Sep 17 with 1702 viewsfranniesTache

My take on it is that Ings wants to go, he's 28, had the best season of his career in the top flight and has been plagued with injuries, he's only got two years left on the contract and doesn't like the offer that's on the table, to him it's his opportunity to move for more.

Saying that i don't see the board selling, they're trying to sell the club and if you sell Ings it becomes a lot less attractive for a sale. Could see them doing a "Morgan" to him, telling him will sell in the next window if we've sold the club but he needs to earn the move.

As for him being a fan this proves it's boll*cks, there's no such thing these days, players have short careers and move for money and nothing else.

Also agree with Boris, the premier league is a f*cking cess pit as long as we're in it this will keep happening, problem is financially this season more than most we have to stay in it.

Sky and the premier league have f*cking ruined football, we have to live with the sh*t that's left behind and it's a shadow of what we all grew up with. I f*cking hate that with a passion and if it wasn't for the financial problems it'd bring i'd take relegation in a heartbeat
Spurs make Ings approach on 00:05 - Sep 18 with 1671 viewsSadoldgit

But you said you were off the other day, yet here you are again?
Spurs make Ings approach on 06:29 - Sep 18 with 1548 viewssaintwizzler

If you want loyalty, buy a dog.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024