Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away 08:20 - Sep 18 with 801 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52923/is-greed-in-a-cris

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 12:40 - Sep 18 with 666 viewsPoirot

The players will drive clubs deeper in debt because deferring wages isnt enough, they need to take reductions fullstop.
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 13:25 - Sep 18 with 632 viewsBoris_

"deferring wages" was such a con. Marketed as if they were actually giving up something when in fact all they were doing was agreeing to delay a tiny portion of their astronomical wage being paid for a few months.

No doubt the players were paid even more £'s due to the season being extended so they've actually earned even more through this pandemic.

I f*cking hate Premier League football.

Poll: Claude Puel

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 586 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 13:25 - Sep 18 by Boris_

"deferring wages" was such a con. Marketed as if they were actually giving up something when in fact all they were doing was agreeing to delay a tiny portion of their astronomical wage being paid for a few months.

No doubt the players were paid even more £'s due to the season being extended so they've actually earned even more through this pandemic.

It's all one big con. The PL chief executive spoke about how we must get fans back or clubs will suffer. Then Spurs, amongst others spend huge amounts on transfers and wages. No sign of PL clubs suffering any form of financial hardship: it's a lie. And so yes, the con is turning fans away.

Meanwhile, lower league clubs who are the bread and butter of British football, are going bust. All because individual PL players want 10 mansions and 6 porches: greed indeed.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:24 - Sep 18 with 578 viewsPaleRider

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:20 - Sep 18 by Saintsforeverj

It's all one big con. The PL chief executive spoke about how we must get fans back or clubs will suffer. Then Spurs, amongst others spend huge amounts on transfers and wages. No sign of PL clubs suffering any form of financial hardship: it's a lie. And so yes, the con is turning fans away.

Meanwhile, lower league clubs who are the bread and butter of British football, are going bust. All because individual PL players want 10 mansions and 6 porches: greed indeed.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:22]

I suppose if your mansion has six entrances you need 6 porches
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:33 - Sep 18 with 558 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 13:25 - Sep 18 by Boris_

That was probably the most disappointing and annoying part ... the way it was billed that "players will give up x% of their wages to help other staff keep their jobs ... "

" ... for just 3 months, then they get it all back"

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:34 - Sep 18 with 557 viewskingslandstand1

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:24 - Sep 18 by PaleRider

I suppose if your mansion has six entrances you need 6 porches

He has a point though. The one that really get's to me is the Tottenham/Bale situation. For a club that has screwed everybody in trying to pay for their shiny new (impressive) stadium, how on earth can they justify just one season's costs for a player that may save them and possibly stretch to a Europa place

When we do finally get back to allowing fully houses at the stadia - 2021/22 season possibly - it will be interesting to see what happens
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:37 - Sep 18 with 555 viewskingslandstand1

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:33 - Sep 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That was probably the most disappointing and annoying part ... the way it was billed that "players will give up x% of their wages to help other staff keep their jobs ... "

" ... for just 3 months, then they get it all back"

Well thought that at the time, and the fact that Saints were the leader in all of this and took loads of plaudits for doing so

They didn't give up any wages at all, just gave the clubs an interest free load

And don't then get me going on Gordon F*kin Taylor and the PFA management wages
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:46 - Sep 18 with 541 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:37 - Sep 18 by kingslandstand1

Well thought that at the time, and the fact that Saints were the leader in all of this and took loads of plaudits for doing so

That pay off was obscene! Didn't another club go out of business at that point too whilst all the premier league clubs were paying for this guy's retirement!?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:47 - Sep 18 with 538 viewsChesham_Saint

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 14:37 - Sep 18 by kingslandstand1

I though that useless, bumbling, overpaid bag of shit had been forced out? He was the highest paid union boss in the country and seems to have done the square root of fvck all. Still, his dimwit members never seemed to mind....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 15:03 - Sep 18 with 518 viewsBLEEDRED

At last perhaps some are understanding that just because some are saying they are disillusioned with the Premier League it doesn't make them disloyal.
I see the League continue to spend millions on transfers, raising wages, longer contracts etc.
Everyone is expected to renew their season tickets without knowing what the product will be. and when they say sorry I am not prepared to are slated saying they should support the club no matter what.
Many lower league face going bust but so what as long as the Premiership is fine.
Just a couple of examples of why some have not renewed - a long time season ticket family have not renewed, the wife has had her hours/wages reduced (due to Covid19 (permanently) £50 a week reduction, husband may or may not have a job in a couple of months, should they risk a £1000+ plus on football?
A family in Dorset who are members but can only afford to come to 5 or 6 matches a season know it is very unlikely to see a game this season so have made the decision to seek days out else where (may go to watch Weymouth if the can) Will they come back to watch Saints in the future, they doubt it. Not the clubs fault but some supporters have to realize that not everyone that goes to games are hard core and to watch a game is a day out/ treat for the kids/them.
Football could be facing a crisis in the future, are not helping themselves when fans see clubs seeming to have millions to spend while they are facing uncertainty.
Of course, it is a complex problem with no easy solution.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 15:07]
Is Greed In A Crisis Finally Turning The Fans Away on 15:26 - Sep 18 with 500 viewsJaySaint

lets be honest, prem players generally acted disgracefully with regards to pay cuts etc during the pandemic. People lauded our players for taking a pay deferal. How f-ing generous of them!!!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024