Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So post match... 17:20 - Sep 20 with 1032 viewsSonicBoom

Ralph says
"With the team we have, we can't play much better than we are at the moment to be honest. It's not so easy to do something tactically different".

I'm amazed he's said that. Firstly I doubt the players will appreciate it. Criticise them in private surely.
But also I would think that even if he can't play the way he wants, he surely can avoid playing in a manner that even a second rate championship side proved was unworkable.
Pressing up against Kane who fed Son was suicidal. Thank god it wasn't Vardy or it would have been 9.
So post match... on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 992 viewssledger

do not give space in behind our defence,we have the players to get goals its not rocket science
So post match... on 17:42 - Sep 20 with 962 viewssaint22

And he said we defended stupidly
But it’s not a New thing is it so fkn sort it
So post match... on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 938 viewsSaintsforeverj

Well we didn't like Puel's dull football. Hughes failed, Pellegrino failed. Under Pellegrino with a deep line, we still let in loads of goals with the same centre backs. So after selling Hojbjerg and not replacing him, after not bringing in any player at all when all the other PL teams have got stronger, I can understand why Ralph wants some players in. He is as frustrated as the rest of us.

OK, he played a high line in an attempt to entertain us and play good football. But the plays can be more aggressive, they can tackle rather than letting Son breeze through. If we want to blame Ralph, well let's see if anyone does any better with this team and lowest spenders in the world.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 17:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So post match... on 18:07 - Sep 20 with 901 viewsinthebox

He's not directing his thoughts at the players but at the club, he's publicly stating we don't have the quality I know we've been saying it for ages but now Ralph is stating it publicly, it tells us that the club are resisting spending money
So post match... on 18:25 - Sep 20 with 850 views1885_SFC

So post match... on 18:07 - Sep 20 by inthebox

He's not directing his thoughts at the players but at the club, he's publicly stating we don't have the quality I know we've been saying it for ages but now Ralph is stating it publicly, it tells us that the club are resisting spending money

Exactly this.

Ralph is saying he's getting the best he can out of the (very) mediocre squad he's got.

Old School is Cool

So post match... on 18:47 - Sep 20 with 789 viewskingslandstand1

So post match... on 18:07 - Sep 20 by inthebox

So a stalemate in the selling of the club as Gao wont get his money back as anyone who does come in will need to spend upwards of £50-75m to hope to stay in the Prem and time is running out for Ralph in this window and will we have a new owner by Jan?
So post match... on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 561 viewsTinman

What worries me is that Ralph is starting to sound like Pelligrino in the post match comments. A rather resigned 'well, what do you expect?'. Pellegrino used to smile sweetly and say something like 'well that happens in football'.
After Brentford the BBC reported him as saying 'this is something we should work on'. Well yes, and you're in charge!
Also after Brentford he said with the team we have it will be very difficult to win games. What - the team he's been building for over 18 months?
Haven't heard the 'Klopp of the Alps tag lately either.
Don't get me wrong, he's a decent bloke, and over a whole season I have confidence that we won't be relegated (but Bournemouth had better confidence!), but we seem to keep having these poor run of games. This forum was full of comments last year about odd positions (midfielder in defence, RB in left midfield) but after being thumped by Leicester it was back to basics and stop trying to be clever. We are again facing a long session of poor results (3 down already) and not even trying to be clever this time.

What happened in the short close season? We ended on a high what feels like 'just the other day' prior to the start of the season yet we've gone back 11 months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024