Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too quick to react 23:08 - Sep 20 with 783 viewsA1079

Following todays result, I was too quick to vent my frustration and disappointment on this board instead of pausing and reflecting on the performance and game. Truth is, all I had to go on was the radio commentary, so I even made my comments without properly assessing the game.

Having seen highlights since and viewed other comments it is clear that there were some aspects of our game that were actually quite good, even only we could take our chances more. We focus heavily on the lack of quality in our defence over the recent seasons but equalling (Ings aside) our quality in converting chances is also poor and it was today.

Don't get me wrong, I still remain disappointed and annoyed with how we have approached the start of this season and our failure again to deal with the deficiencies on our squad. Though Hojberg was not great or anything that special I did think he did a job. If we were going to let him go we should have had a replacement lined up - it is not as if we did not know he was going and this has been a trend in our transfer dealings in recent seasons - happy to let people go, less happy to be prepared for it by having someone who can fill the gap - that is poor club planning and management.

I like Romeu and he has been a great servant for us but he is clumsy and a booking a game and he is not going to take us forward.

I have supported Stephens, when many haven't but even I have to admit that he has had a very poor start to this season.

What has left me with some hope out of today is that, we did attack, we did create alot of chances and even at 5-1 it looked like we were still fighting. Djenepo played well as did Ings as usual. What of our manager? I like Ralph and he is a decent guy but he still seems naive at times and he has to accept responsibility for a. the team not being properly ready for the season and b. not making the changes that are needed when a game is starting to go against us (though whether he has the quality of the players to do it is a moot point). I want Ralph to stay and I believe he can take us onto better things but he can only do that with an owner and board that will back him and so far these owners are not backing the club, the team, full stop. Kat Liebherr made a bad and costly error of judgement in terms of the future of the club (hate to say that as her Father gave us a future and built hope) when she joined forces with Gao and no matter what Nick or anyone says, I lay alot of blame for the slow undermining of the quality of the team at his feet - he needs to go and the sooner the better.

In the meantime, we need Salisu fit (whether or not he will make a difference, who knows) and we need to purchase a midfielder before the transfer window closes and preferably another CB and here I agree with Nick, we need experience. Lawrie McMenemy was a deft hand at purchasing experienced players at the twilight of their careers who made a difference and acted as a wise head when the youngsters played.

For me, I need to pause before I react in future - though will I - I somehow doubt it - emotion of the game gets to me sometimes. But, you just know, no matter how bad it ever gets there is only ever going to be one team for me.
Too quick to react on 23:11 - Sep 20 with 771 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Good post and as I said earlier, Ings is Saints' only top quality player, but flashes of inspiration from Djenepo gave me hope.

JWP was off the boil. Adams has something there, Armstrong is key to Saints and has something about him.

KWP and Bertrand are also both decent. But Romeu, Stephens, Bedanrek and McCarthy all need replacing. The fact Saints have 3 highly paid keepers and not one of them is decent is criminal.

This squad needs some serious additions and fast.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Too quick to react on 08:13 - Sep 21 with 582 viewssaint22

Too quick to react on 23:11 - Sep 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Good post and as I said earlier, Ings is Saints' only top quality player, but flashes of inspiration from Djenepo gave me hope.

JWP was off the boil. Adams has something there, Armstrong is key to Saints and has something about him.

KWP and Bertrand are also both decent. But Romeu, Stephens, Bedanrek and McCarthy all need replacing. The fact Saints have 3 highly paid keepers and not one of them is decent is criminal.

This squad needs some serious additions and fast.

From match report:

Mourinho revealed Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, the former Saints captain, had given some pointers on where to hurt them and how vulnerable they looked as Spurs went through the gears.

Yeah, knock a ball over the top and attack our slow useless centre backs, the keeper will never come out to intercept
Simples
Too quick to react on 08:23 - Sep 21 with 560 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Too quick to react on 08:13 - Sep 21 by saint22

From match report:

Mourinho revealed Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, the former Saints captain, had given some pointers on where to hurt them and how vulnerable they looked as Spurs went through the gears.

Yeah, knock a ball over the top and attack our slow useless centre backs, the keeper will never come out to intercept
Simples

Doesn't surprise me, he always came across as a "grass your ex team mates up" type. W*nker.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Too quick to react on 09:30 - Sep 21 with 473 viewsNewdawn2014

So well put , and the goalie problem is so evident now so a dodgy defence added to that ?
but your last sentence ,well thats it is`nt it ?
So on to Burnley now & hoping for a reaction.
Too quick to react on 13:24 - Sep 21 with 334 viewskingslandstand1

Too quick to react on 08:13 - Sep 21 by saint22

From match report:

Simples

So Moanhio couldn't work that one out by himself!?

We have moaned non-stop about the CB's (me inc) but should we apportion some of that debacle on the fact that Adams really should (could) have had a hat-trick before Son woke up? We really were on top and had the chances by then which was also highlighted in some reports this morning

I'm def not saying drop him, but it could have been so different if we'd gone in say 2 up rather than 1-1

Bad day at the office? A bit more than that maybe, but better to happen now than later in the season, as at least we have in theory a chance to put things right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024