Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No crowds at games 08:19 - Sep 22 with 5419 viewsPatfromPoole

Inevitable I guess....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/plans-bring-back-live-sport-22721367

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

No crowds at games on 23:04 - Sep 22 with 1918 viewskentsouthampton

No crowds at games on 14:37 - Sep 22 by JaySaint

You make a good point. Any why the government are on a hiding to nothing, no matter what they do.

a vaccine is a daft idea. There is a flu vaccine, yet I seem to get it every year, regardless

I think the destruction to the economy will mean the medicine is worse than the venom. Lets see if we get 50k cases a day in 2 weeks time

" Any why the government are on a hiding to nothing, no matter what they do. "

Probably because they have no idea other than sticking a wet finger in the air and seeing which way the wind is blowing.

They have no exit strategy , no path out, no plan, no observable or measurable criteria which when met will see us return to normal .

In fact he suggested there won't ever be a normal again, making a vague promise that one day we can all be instantaneously tested in order to be able to do the things we love once more.

So many liberties taken, so many lives trashed and not a scintilla of parliamentary scrutiny, just models, edicts and blind pulling of authoritarian levers.

There is no evidence, no reason to believe he's going to pull back from this path after "6 months or so". That's just blind hope. This is going to get very messy.
No crowds at games on 23:17 - Sep 22 with 1906 viewsDorsetIan

No crowds at games on 23:04 - Sep 22 by kentsouthampton

" Any why the government are on a hiding to nothing, no matter what they do. "

Probably because they have no idea other than sticking a wet finger in the air and seeing which way the wind is blowing.

They have no exit strategy , no path out, no plan, no observable or measurable criteria which when met will see us return to normal .

In fact he suggested there won't ever be a normal again, making a vague promise that one day we can all be instantaneously tested in order to be able to do the things we love once more.

So many liberties taken, so many lives trashed and not a scintilla of parliamentary scrutiny, just models, edicts and blind pulling of authoritarian levers.

There is no evidence, no reason to believe he's going to pull back from this path after "6 months or so". That's just blind hope. This is going to get very messy.

Seems that there are a fair few of the leading practitioners who agree with you.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8756793/Leading-academics-write-open-le

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

No crowds at games on 09:06 - Sep 24 with 1691 viewsRon11

No crowds at games on 13:14 - Sep 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This. Plus all the holiday helmets, who probably haven't quarantined coming back.

I returned from Eastern Europe on the 25 August, from a country on the quarantine list, through Vienna, Austria also on the quarantine list. I completed a four page on line form on the government website as required for two weeks quarantine at my home address and printed it as the site said it would be required for inspection at Heathrow before allowing entry. If I did not produce this, I would have to complete one at the airport before being allowed in.
Going through Kiev airport I was temperature checked three times, and this was leaving the country. They have taken it seriously. I was also checked in the same way going through Vienna airport.
I joined a long queue at Heathrow T2 clutching my four page form with home details, phone numbers etc., ready for inspection. During that time I did not see one person stopped and asked for this document. Not one. Also there were no temperature checks of any kind anywhere while travelling through passport control, customs or kiss my fu cking arse. There were 'immigration officers' sitting on their butts looking totally uninterested as people streamed past them, EU and UK passports alike. My entry to Kiev airport three weeks before had included temperature checks (on leaving the aircraft) and a phone app activated on arrival at passport control for location and contact number. This was followed up after I arrived at my destination within the country four times during the the two weeks of quarantine.
And guess what? During my two weeks of enforced quarantine back in Hampshire how many times do you think I was contacted to check on my location? You've got it - fu cking zero. It's a total shambles.
No crowds at games on 09:22 - Sep 24 with 1680 viewskernow

No crowds at games on 09:06 - Sep 24 by Ron11

I returned from Eastern Europe on the 25 August, from a country on the quarantine list, through Vienna, Austria also on the quarantine list. I completed a four page on line form on the government website as required for two weeks quarantine at my home address and printed it as the site said it would be required for inspection at Heathrow before allowing entry. If I did not produce this, I would have to complete one at the airport before being allowed in.
Going through Kiev airport I was temperature checked three times, and this was leaving the country. They have taken it seriously. I was also checked in the same way going through Vienna airport.
I joined a long queue at Heathrow T2 clutching my four page form with home details, phone numbers etc., ready for inspection. During that time I did not see one person stopped and asked for this document. Not one. Also there were no temperature checks of any kind anywhere while travelling through passport control, customs or kiss my fu cking arse. There were 'immigration officers' sitting on their butts looking totally uninterested as people streamed past them, EU and UK passports alike. My entry to Kiev airport three weeks before had included temperature checks (on leaving the aircraft) and a phone app activated on arrival at passport control for location and contact number. This was followed up after I arrived at my destination within the country four times during the the two weeks of quarantine.
And guess what? During my two weeks of enforced quarantine back in Hampshire how many times do you think I was contacted to check on my location? You've got it - fu cking zero. It's a total shambles.

I'm currently flying the Q flag from my chimney stack and I haven't seen a single bespectacled jobsworth with a clipboard loitering behind a lamp post.

Just my luck if I step out the door I'll be arrested and clapped in irons
No crowds at games on 09:24 - Sep 24 with 1675 viewsDorsetIan

Sounds like you did the right thing though. Can't imagine a two week quarantine was much fun.

I did hear a doctor on the radio last week explaining that a high temperature is a sympton in only a minority of Covid cases; whereas most people experience extreme tiredness and a loss of smell/taste.

He gave the impression that all the temperature checks were a waste of time (actually used the word 'placebo') and he said specifically that it would be better to have some fresh coffee on the brew and to ask people if they could smell it.

No crowds at games on 09:27 - Sep 24 with 1668 viewskernow

No crowds at games on 09:24 - Sep 24 by DorsetIan

Sounds like you did the right thing though. Can't imagine a two week quarantine was much fun.

I did hear a doctor on the radio last week explaining that a high temperature is a sympton in only a minority of Covid cases; whereas most people experience extreme tiredness and a loss of smell/taste.

He gave the impression that all the temperature checks were a waste of time (actually used the word 'placebo') and he said specifically that it would be better to have some fresh coffee on the brew and to ask people if they could smell it.

Never thought I'd ever be reassured by the smell of my own farts..
No crowds at games on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 1653 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 09:27 - Sep 24 by kernow

Never thought I'd ever be reassured by the smell of my own farts..

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

No crowds at games on 09:40 - Sep 24 with 1650 viewsRon11

No crowds at games on 09:24 - Sep 24 by DorsetIan

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but somebody needs to wake up and smell it.
Login to get fewer ads

No crowds at games on 10:15 - Sep 24 with 1631 viewsDorsetIan

No crowds at games on 09:40 - Sep 24 by Ron11

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but somebody needs to wake up and smell it.

I see what you did there!

No crowds at games on 13:05 - Sep 24 with 1603 viewsTimSaint

I had a slightly different experience to yours....

Flew to Vienna on my way to Slovakia. Everything was fine and we had the last 6 rows of the plane to ourselves - so all good until they announced that Austria would be added to the Quarantine list the next day !!

Upon arriving at Vienna, it was like herding sheep, but it kept everyone socially distanced as well as possible, but there were no temperature checks - in fact it was like they wanted everyone out of the airport as quickly as possible.

I didn't want to quarantine, so decided to cancel my return flight with British Airways (but that is another story) and fly back from Slovakia (Wizz Air). I returned to Luton and did have to show proof that I had completed my form - you can show them the proof on your phone, so no need to print it - but there was no temperature check.

As my car was parked near LHR, I had to get a National Express, but had a 90 min wait. Wandering around the airport to kill a bit of time, I noticed that they were doing temperature checks before allowing people into Burger King and a few other shops. Additionally I got temperature checked when boarding my Bus to LHR.

TimSaint

No crowds at games on 17:51 - Sep 24 with 1567 viewsRon11

No crowds at games on 09:22 - Sep 24 by kernow

I'm currently flying the Q flag from my chimney stack and I haven't seen a single bespectacled jobsworth with a clipboard loitering behind a lamp post.

Just my luck if I step out the door I'll be arrested and clapped in irons

They didn't catch me in St.Mawes either
No crowds at games on 17:53 - Sep 24 with 1566 viewsRon11

No crowds at games on 10:15 - Sep 24 by DorsetIan

I see what you did there!

No crowds at games on 17:56 - Sep 24 with 1563 viewsRon11

No crowds at games on 13:05 - Sep 24 by TimSaint

I had a slightly different experience to yours....

Flew to Vienna on my way to Slovakia. Everything was fine and we had the last 6 rows of the plane to ourselves - so all good until they announced that Austria would be added to the Quarantine list the next day !!

Upon arriving at Vienna, it was like herding sheep, but it kept everyone socially distanced as well as possible, but there were no temperature checks - in fact it was like they wanted everyone out of the airport as quickly as possible.

I didn't want to quarantine, so decided to cancel my return flight with British Airways (but that is another story) and fly back from Slovakia (Wizz Air). I returned to Luton and did have to show proof that I had completed my form - you can show them the proof on your phone, so no need to print it - but there was no temperature check.

As my car was parked near LHR, I had to get a National Express, but had a 90 min wait. Wandering around the airport to kill a bit of time, I noticed that they were doing temperature checks before allowing people into Burger King and a few other shops. Additionally I got temperature checked when boarding my Bus to LHR.

I had the proof on my phone as well, thought I was being a good boy!

The security at Vienna airport are aggressive arseholes, but at least it's only a 40 minute drive to the lovely Bratislava!
No crowds at games on 21:57 - Sep 24 with 1513 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 13:17 - Sep 25 with 1432 viewsSadoldgit

Have you got the figures for those who have survived but face a lifetime of internal organ damage?
If we lose 2% of our population to this virus you are looking at upward of 1.3m people. It really doesn’t matter what age these people are because as we know, all lives matter.

Many of the younger people survive but only because of the intensive care treatment they receive. See what happens to the figures when the NHS is over run and can’t cope.

Still, let’s lock up all OAP’s and carry on as normal. We’ll be fine.

😕
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 13:23]
No crowds at games on 13:50 - Sep 25 with 1423 viewscocklebreath

No crowds at games on 13:17 - Sep 25 by Sadoldgit

Have you got the figures for those who have survived but face a lifetime of internal organ damage?
If we lose 2% of our population to this virus you are looking at upward of 1.3m people. It really doesn’t matter what age these people are because as we know, all lives matter.

Many of the younger people survive but only because of the intensive care treatment they receive. See what happens to the figures when the NHS is over run and can’t cope.

Still, let’s lock up all OAP’s and carry on as normal. We’ll be fine.

😕
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 13:23]

Oh fook off running scared, get on with our fooking lives.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

No crowds at games on 18:40 - Sep 25 with 1334 viewsSadoldgit

No crowds at games on 13:50 - Sep 25 by cocklebreath

Oh fook off running scared, get on with our fooking lives.

Not so easy if you are hooked up to a ventilator.
No crowds at games on 15:14 - Sep 27 with 1253 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 18:40 - Sep 25 by Sadoldgit

Not so easy if you are hooked up to a ventilator.

No crowds at games on 18:18 - Sep 27 with 1187 viewsSadoldgit

The virus has killed nearly 1 million people worldwide so far and still you pretend that it isn’t a problem. Fortunately you people don’t get to make decisions. Have you actually seen what happens to people when they are hooked up to a ventilator?
No crowds at games on 19:22 - Sep 27 with 1162 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 18:18 - Sep 27 by Sadoldgit

The virus has killed nearly 1 million people worldwide so far and still you pretend that it isn’t a problem. Fortunately you people don’t get to make decisions. Have you actually seen what happens to people when they are hooked up to a ventilator?

It's strange. Many more deadly viruses around that we don't crash the economy for.

I'm sure you are very pleased with the government for doing so

No crowds at games on 19:43 - Sep 27 with 1151 viewsSadoldgit

No crowds at games on 19:22 - Sep 27 by JaySaint

It's strange. Many more deadly viruses around that we don't crash the economy for.

I'm sure you are very pleased with the government for doing so

So why do you think that is?
No crowds at games on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 1131 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 19:43 - Sep 27 by Sadoldgit

So why do you think that is?

Dunno

I wonder how accurate the latest model will be?

No crowds at games on 22:41 - Sep 27 with 1090 viewsSadoldgit

What are you saying? That governments around the world are deliberately sabotaging their own economies. Why, exactly, would they do that?
No crowds at games on 16:52 - Oct 1 with 974 viewsJaySaint

No crowds at games on 19:14 - Oct 1 with 918 viewspjt50

To get back on topic, an interesting — if a bit depressing — comment on the future of football, now that it's been demonstrated that we mugs in the stands aren't really essential to the product:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/oct/01/football-final-descent-dys

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024