Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It Is Not All About Youth ! Saints Need Experience In The Transfer Market 09:00 - Sep 25 with 477 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52967/it-is-not-all-abou

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
It Is Not All About Youth ! Saints Need Experience In The Transfer Market on 09:35 - Sep 25 with 458 viewsSonicBoom

Agree with this. Surely the club can see it.
I'm stunned there are still fans that seem to think Stephens and Bernard are a good enough combination. There are even those that think Stephens should play for England.
I'm also completely baffled by Ralph playing an even higher line than last season. We've had three games and despite some good moments, defensively we've looked all at sea. I think our back four would look much better if they weren't being asked to play a system they aren't suited to.
Ralph also said the system is OK, but we didn't press in midfield. Well why not? He's been here long enough that every player should know their job by now. We were playing well a short time ago so I cannot understand how we now look so disorganised.
It Is Not All About Youth ! Saints Need Experience In The Transfer Market on 15:31 - Sep 25 with 367 viewsButty101

It Is Not All About Youth ! Saints Need Experience In The Transfer Market on 09:35 - Sep 25 by SonicBoom

Agree with this. Surely the club can see it.
I'm stunned there are still fans that seem to think Stephens and Bernard are a good enough combination. There are even those that think Stephens should play for England.
I'm also completely baffled by Ralph playing an even higher line than last season. We've had three games and despite some good moments, defensively we've looked all at sea. I think our back four would look much better if they weren't being asked to play a system they aren't suited to.
Ralph also said the system is OK, but we didn't press in midfield. Well why not? He's been here long enough that every player should know their job by now. We were playing well a short time ago so I cannot understand how we now look so disorganised.

@Sonic who is saying Stephens is good enough for England - i missed that one?

@Nick this is a classic article of yours - Ive been saying this for 4 years yet know one listens.... I dont know anyone that has been happy with the defense since fonte and virgil left. We have bought experience in Hoedt and the lanky 6'7" streak of p*ss thats at the club. It turns out they were worse than we already had. Bednek is the interesting one for me, as he looks every bit as crap as Stephens but seems to not get blamed. If he was half decent the big clubs would be beating down the door.
Its a shame we cant get Smalling or someone like that. No gambles from abroad - someone that has played in the prem at a good level.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

It Is Not All About Youth ! Saints Need Experience In The Transfer Market on 15:39 - Sep 25 with 355 viewsSaintsforeverj

We all agree that we need some experience in defence. But the article comes across as blaming Ralph for this? It seems to me that it is club policy to bring in young players under 24 who will have a sell on value, so does Ralph have any choice? Again it's Gao's fault but the article doesn't mention his name?

We are now being linked to a 21 year old from the relegated Toulouse, for a small fee! It's just so depressing all round. Yet another young player, without any PL experience, who is cheap that nobody else wants. So we are probably getting another Danso, who is either no good, or needs a lot of work. Do you blame Ralph for not having any funds to buy experienced quality players or Gao?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 15:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024