Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder 15:35 - Sep 30 with 1313 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53007/saints-looking-to-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 1213 viewsgrumpy

Another ex Monaco player, hope if he comes it works out better than the last one.
Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 18:39 - Sep 30 with 1175 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 17:45 - Sep 30 by grumpy

Another ex Monaco player, hope if he comes it works out better than the last one.

Seems to me like we have missed all our number one targets. Now we will again rush through someone under 24, in some sort of panic, at the last minute, as we only have one defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 18:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 19:46 - Sep 30 with 1116 views1teeminants

Leicester want him now

Oh well.......... Next

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 20:21 - Sep 30 with 1088 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 19:46 - Sep 30 by 1teeminants

Leicester want him now

Oh well.......... Next

As one of the other ones we were after said, "Southampton are slow". Other clubs come in for players, show him the money and off he goes.

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 1043 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 18:39 - Sep 30 by Saintsforeverj

Seems to me like we have missed all our number one targets. Now we will again rush through someone under 24, in some sort of panic, at the last minute, as we only have one defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 18:42]

You mean like that next superstar Danso
Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 22:46 - Sep 30 with 981 viewsDorsetIan

It's all too familiar and all too boring. Ralph has given himself an out by declaring that we need at least 2 maybe 3 and meanwhile another window slowly closes with the only rumours being of half baked new arrivals, expected to get us excited.

I'm not even going to think about it until the final bell has rung and then let's see who we've got. You never know, there's a chance of someone with proven experience in this league for once.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 09:20 - Oct 1 with 856 viewsSaintNick

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 22:46 - Sep 30 by DorsetIan

It's all too familiar and all too boring. Ralph has given himself an out by declaring that we need at least 2 maybe 3 and meanwhile another window slowly closes with the only rumours being of half baked new arrivals, expected to get us excited.

I'm not even going to think about it until the final bell has rung and then let's see who we've got. You never know, there's a chance of someone with proven experience in this league for once.

Ralph had to say something, but like all good managers he has played his cards close to his chest, he has been honest without actually saying very much.

Most transfer don't happen to the final few days of the window, I have said this so many times, yet everyone froths at the mouth when little has happened in the first month or so of the transfer window.

Just because a player doesn't sign doesn't mean we didn't try, nor does it mean we f*cked it up, sometimes things just don't happen or there is other reasons, ie a work permit, yet the player says something else in the press and everyone starts screaming at the club.

The thing to do is sit back and wait, a good manager or club do not reveal their transfer targets nor who they have made offers for or not, they just get the deal done.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 09:58 - Oct 1 with 821 viewsButty101

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 09:20 - Oct 1 by SaintNick

Ralph had to say something, but like all good managers he has played his cards close to his chest, he has been honest without actually saying very much.

Most transfer don't happen to the final few days of the window, I have said this so many times, yet everyone froths at the mouth when little has happened in the first month or so of the transfer window.

Just because a player doesn't sign doesn't mean we didn't try, nor does it mean we f*cked it up, sometimes things just don't happen or there is other reasons, ie a work permit, yet the player says something else in the press and everyone starts screaming at the club.

The thing to do is sit back and wait, a good manager or club do not reveal their transfer targets nor who they have made offers for or not, they just get the deal done.

What you are saying is simply not true. Most clubs have done their business by now. If you dont believe me look at the list of this summers club by club activity. The exceptions being Leicester, Man U and Saints.

https://talksport.com/football/731702/premier-league-done-deals-2020-summer-tran

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 10:01 - Oct 1 with 820 viewsDorsetIan

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 09:20 - Oct 1 by SaintNick

I completely agree that there is no point panicking and that all we can do is wait and see.

But the experience of the last few windows has been pretty disappointing and when we see Villa arranging a loan for an experienced player like Barkley some days before the window closes, I think it's fair enough to wish that we were doing something like that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 10:50 - Oct 1 with 790 viewsButty101

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 10:01 - Oct 1 by DorsetIan

I completely agree that there is no point panicking and that all we can do is wait and see.

But the experience of the last few windows has been pretty disappointing and when we see Villa arranging a loan for an experienced player like Barkley some days before the window closes, I think it's fair enough to wish that we were doing something like that.

Villa get Barkley an England International.

Saints get....... Smith Rowe a youth player from Arsenal.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Looking To Get Their Hands On A Brest Midfielder on 12:41 - Oct 1 with 737 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nope - wrong. Most PL clubs have already done business in the transfer market, some weeks ago.

"Sometimes things just don't happen" - Chelsea have spent over 100 million, Villa have spent over 100 million (including Barkley arranged in 2 days), Palace have spent, Man City have just bought a defender for 68 million in one day, Newcastle have already signed Wilson, Frazer, Fulham have already brought in Reed, Lemina, Leeds signed Costa and about 5 others etc etc. All done and dusted. Things happening at those clubs, well in advance of the deadline.

It only "doesn't happen" at Saints. In fact, getting an experienced defender in, "doesn't happen" at Saints for 5 years. Stop pretending otherwise. We can all see the signings that other clubs have made.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 13:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024