Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott 11:20 - Oct 3 with 2313 viewsButty101

About a potential "emotional "return - Its a big no thanks from me. Chased the dollar rather than come back last time.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 11:32 - Oct 3 with 1829 viewssaintwizzler

Tampax would want too much money too.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 11:49 - Oct 3 with 1805 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I actually would do this if it were me.

The club is crying out for some more experience and he'd be a good role model for he youth to learn from.

So a big yes, on reduced wages and with a view to help the youth get better. Plus he'd be handy off the bench.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 11:55 - Oct 3 with 1793 views1885_SFC

I'd gladly like to see him back one day - running the youth set up over at Staplewood. He knows it well for a start & whatever your thoughts on him, he's a well educated, well spoken decent young fella with Saints still very much in his DNA.

Old School is Cool

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 12:39 - Oct 3 with 1712 viewsMattFinish

We'd need to add another seat on the bench so Walcott can occupy his favourite position
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 13:09 - Oct 3 with 1663 viewskingslandstand1

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 11:49 - Oct 3 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I actually would do this if it were me.

The club is crying out for some more experience and he'd be a good role model for he youth to learn from.

So a big yes, on reduced wages and with a view to help the youth get better. Plus he'd be handy off the bench.

I'm with this but do we really need another Djenepo, Redmond type player right now. He'd have to take a massive pay cut as well no doubt

Now if he was a much needed CB that would be a different matter!

But his missus is a local girl so she could get to see her family a bit more often
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 14:14 - Oct 3 with 1559 viewsgreen

I'm not really fussed about Walcott. Left at the first opportunity (didn't even manage a full season), has underwhelmed everywhere he's been since, would be on massive wages & if we are going for an experienced player (which I am keen on us doing) I'd rather that be someone who is more of a Cahill type and plays at the back.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 14:54 - Oct 3 with 1500 viewsMytchettSaint

No thanks.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 16:30 - Oct 3 with 1407 viewsPatfromPoole

Has he approached us to buy the club?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 17:05 - Oct 3 with 1342 viewssolent_toffee

He came on as sub with about 15 mins to go and was not interested. I think he will be gone by Monday, he just doesn’t fit in with this hungry Everton side that. He’s not arsed and everyone else is bang up for it, so he stands out like a sore thumb.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 1303 viewsdirk_doone

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 17:05 - Oct 3 by solent_toffee

He came on as sub with about 15 mins to go and was not interested. I think he will be gone by Monday, he just doesn’t fit in with this hungry Everton side that. He’s not arsed and everyone else is bang up for it, so he stands out like a sore thumb.

You have a great squad at Goodison now as well as an outstanding manager. I think you will finish in the top 4 this season and challenge Liverpool for the title. The Merseyside derbies will be key fixtures. I also expect Leicester to be top 4 challengers again this year.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1290 viewsSonicBoom

Seriously why would we?
He was half decent at Arsenal but missed loads of games. Has also missed loads at Everton and even when fit no longer starts. Seems a huge risk as like Everton, we do try to play an energetic press. He either won't be up to it, or will be injured and then just a drain on the club. He's never really been fit for any length of time has he?
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 18:03 - Oct 3 with 1254 viewsNumber_58

If he successfully approached the club he did well. I emailed them more than a month ago about my season ticket and I'm still waiting for a reply.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 18:27 - Oct 3 with 1219 viewssolent_toffee

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 17:27 - Oct 3 by dirk_doone

You have a great squad at Goodison now as well as an outstanding manager. I think you will finish in the top 4 this season and challenge Liverpool for the title. The Merseyside derbies will be key fixtures. I also expect Leicester to be top 4 challengers again this year.

Getting Ancelotti has been a game changer (early doors like). Won seven and scored 24 goals this season. Even the expensive players that looked lost under previous managers like Sigurdsson, Keane, Iwobi, Mina etc all have stepped up.

Hoping to shift Walcott and bring someone in who can step up like the rest.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:04 - Oct 3 with 1173 viewsJaySaint

I like the way Everton are playing and DC-L is on fire.
James is such a quality player. I hope he keeps it up all season (bar the two games against saints)

Top 4 has to be a realistic shout this year.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:07 - Oct 3 with 1164 viewsCity_boy

Not for me. Way past his best.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:22 - Oct 3 with 1149 viewsJaySaint

On another note, Leeds sure are a great watch. properly go for it.
Hilarious that a team that has just come up has a better manager than Man united

LOL

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:27 - Oct 3 with 1132 viewsSaintsforeverj

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:22 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

On another note, Leeds sure are a great watch. properly go for it.
Hilarious that a team that has just come up has a better manager than Man united

LOL

Yep, watched Leeds today. They really are hard working, free flowing, strong team and great to watch. Not surprising with Bielsa as manager and they have spent quite a bit. As for Man City, that's a defeat and a draw. Everton look good too.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:30 - Oct 3 with 1126 viewsChesham_Saint

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 14:14 - Oct 3 by green

I'm not really fussed about Walcott. Left at the first opportunity (didn't even manage a full season), has underwhelmed everywhere he's been since, would be on massive wages & if we are going for an experienced player (which I am keen on us doing) I'd rather that be someone who is more of a Cahill type and plays at the back.

To be fair, wasn’t this one of the (many) times when we seemed to have been in dire straits financially and we had little choice but to let him go? Andrew Surman being another case in point. Unlike say, Oxlaide-Chamberlain who’s skate dad got him on his way ASAP....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 1115 viewsKennington

Before going to Everton I’d have had him but he’s not really done anything much there or really for the last few years. Imagine if he did sign we’d end up with a Kanchelskis or Stuart Ripley type of has been.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:41 - Oct 3 with 1094 viewsSaintsforeverj

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:34 - Oct 3 by Kennington

Before going to Everton I’d have had him but he’s not really done anything much there or really for the last few years. Imagine if he did sign we’d end up with a Kanchelskis or Stuart Ripley type of has been.

We don't sign players over 24 anyway. Highly unlikely, Saints would pay a big wage to a has been without a sell on value. Not sure where these rumours come from.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 19:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 20:17 - Oct 3 with 1045 viewssolent_toffee

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 19:04 - Oct 3 by JaySaint

I like the way Everton are playing and DC-L is on fire.
James is such a quality player. I hope he keeps it up all season (bar the two games against saints)

Top 4 has to be a realistic shout this year.

Everton need a couple of signings before Monday to really kick on this season. An extra striker as back up to DCL and possibly a right back as cover for Coleman.

I think it will be an open season, watching Brighton today and they were decent, as were West Brom the other week. Think the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and United are being caught by Everton and Leicester. Sadly I think Liverpool will romp it again, think they are a machine.
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 23:25 - Oct 3 with 895 viewsBicester_North

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 20:17 - Oct 3 by solent_toffee

Everton need a couple of signings before Monday to really kick on this season. An extra striker as back up to DCL and possibly a right back as cover for Coleman.

I think it will be an open season, watching Brighton today and they were decent, as were West Brom the other week. Think the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and United are being caught by Everton and Leicester. Sadly I think Liverpool will romp it again, think they are a machine.

Still reckon the 2 players Liverpool rely on are Van Dijk and Alisson they went nearly all last season with no injuries or issues for them.
Be interesting if either of them really loses form or gets injured.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 23:40 - Oct 3 with 886 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 23:25 - Oct 3 by Bicester_North

Still reckon the 2 players Liverpool rely on are Van Dijk and Alisson they went nearly all last season with no injuries or issues for them.
Be interesting if either of them really loses form or gets injured.

Agreed. Without Van Dijk they would ship more goals than they score.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 00:20 - Oct 4 with 859 viewsWints76

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 20:17 - Oct 3 by solent_toffee

Agree with that. WBA looked decent at Everton and at home to Chelsea when they were going forward. Brighton have been in excellent form and have been very unlucky. Leicester have looked good and Vardy seems to be getting better. Goes to show that you just can't stand still.

Everton are looking very good at the moment, but I have never rated Pickford. He is obviously having a bad time at the moment, but I don't think he is all that anyway. They'll be up near the top anyway
Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 08:13 - Oct 4 with 748 viewssolent_toffee

Reports today that saints have been approached by Walcott on 00:20 - Oct 4 by Wints76

Agree with that. WBA looked decent at Everton and at home to Chelsea when they were going forward. Brighton have been in excellent form and have been very unlucky. Leicester have looked good and Vardy seems to be getting better. Goes to show that you just can't stand still.

Everton are looking very good at the moment, but I have never rated Pickford. He is obviously having a bad time at the moment, but I don't think he is all that anyway. They'll be up near the top anyway

I’m not a fan of Pickford. Yesterday was really comfortable until that goal he gifted and then he was erratic for the rest of the game with hardly anything to do. It’s as though he exaggerates the slightest thing for his own attention, he’s a balloon to be honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024