Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott 09:16 - Oct 5 with 8251 viewssolent_toffee

On his way to Saints according to the Liverpool Echo.
Walcott on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 1713 viewsSoton

Walcott on 16:13 - Oct 5 by Chesham_Saint

If you look back To the end of Ings’ loan Period with us there were plenty questioning the value of his signing and thought it a huge gamble. I agree with you though, it was a sensible risk in the scale of things....

It was more to make the point that comparing Walcott to Ings is doing Ings a disservice
Walcott on 17:15 - Oct 5 with 1708 viewsBison

Walcott on 16:12 - Oct 5 by JaySaint

He is better than smallbone

We were crap on the right side when Armstrong was out , at least this gives Ralph options now as smallbone is not ready. Should be interesting to see him back , I'm looking forward to it and for those worried about the money , it's not yours so don't worry about it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Walcott on 17:15 - Oct 5 with 1703 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott on 15:33 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

Disagree. It's a player who we know has it in him. The talent is there somewhere. Bit like it was there, in Ings. Just needs regular football. Rather that than buying another Boufal for 16 million or a Carillo for 18 million or some player who we hope might get good in 5 years time, I'm more than happy to get a loan player that will have to earn a contract with goals. And at least we have heard of him!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:38]

That’s the issue though, will he get regular football? I can see Ralph using him to give Stuey a bit of a rest for 15/20 minutes here and there, but without injuries I can’t see him starting many games. Apparently he has given up some of his bonuses to come here, so must be keen! I hope he does well for us.
Walcott on 17:17 - Oct 5 with 1704 viewsPaleRider

Does it make sense to do a loan swap - Gunn for Walcott? Everton are after a GK.
Walcott on 17:59 - Oct 5 with 1627 viewsBerber

Walcott on 16:44 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

So if we pay him 200k a month, (50 k a week) that amounts to about 1. 5 million pounds. Who could we get for 1.5 million pounds that is better?

You would rather not have him at all, then pay 1.5 million to give him a chance. Paying 30 million for a Rodriguez or whoever is out of the question with Gao. Fancy another 18 million on Boufal, Elyanoussi, Heout, Djenepo, Carillo, rather than give a player costing 1.5 million a chance?

The negativity doesn't make sense to me. Theo is costing us peanuts in today's market. And for that who knows, it might work.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 16:56]

I hope it does work, but he was ditched by Arsenal, ditched by Everton (the manager told him he has no use for him) and basically, he went there for the money, and probably wouldn't come here for what we're paying. His thinking is probably, it is better to play than not,now that his wage is secure, as there lies a better prospect of a contract next year. And Southampton is probably better than China. I don't wish him ill, just I don't wish him here. Yes, I know that is supposition, but his past choices would tend to support it.

For the amount of game time he'll get, there's little risk in playing Smallbone instead. RH said it was his intention to give the lads from the academy a chance didn't he?
Walcott on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 1604 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 17:59 - Oct 5 by Berber

I hope it does work, but he was ditched by Arsenal, ditched by Everton (the manager told him he has no use for him) and basically, he went there for the money, and probably wouldn't come here for what we're paying. His thinking is probably, it is better to play than not,now that his wage is secure, as there lies a better prospect of a contract next year. And Southampton is probably better than China. I don't wish him ill, just I don't wish him here. Yes, I know that is supposition, but his past choices would tend to support it.

For the amount of game time he'll get, there's little risk in playing Smallbone instead. RH said it was his intention to give the lads from the academy a chance didn't he?

But Smallbone, Obefemi, Vokins arn't really good enough. Antonio at West Ham was ditched by us. Billy Sharp was ditched by us and I have many other examples of players who were ditched but got good. Theo looks like he is signing for peanuts in PL standards. Support him for the good of the team. If he misses sitters, doesn't work for the team by all means slag him off but give him a chance!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:15]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Walcott on 18:24 - Oct 5 with 1597 viewsBerber

Walcott on 18:14 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

But Smallbone, Obefemi, Vokins arn't really good enough. Antonio at West Ham was ditched by us. Billy Sharp was ditched by us and I have many other examples of players who were ditched but got good. Theo looks like he is signing for peanuts in PL standards. Support him for the good of the team. If he misses sitters, doesn't work for the team by all means slag him off but give him a chance!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:15]

That's fair enough, I'll be well pleased if he gets anywhere near enough to miss a sitter.
Walcott on 18:29 - Oct 5 with 1588 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 18:24 - Oct 5 by Berber

That's fair enough, I'll be well pleased if he gets anywhere near enough to miss a sitter.

He will get a hattric on his debut and I will come on here and say see what a bargain we have got and say isn't he wonderful.

Login to get fewer ads

Walcott on 18:55 - Oct 5 with 1550 viewsBerber

Walcott on 18:29 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

He will get a hattric on his debut and I will come on here and say see what a bargain we have got and say isn't he wonderful.

I will no doubt reply. 'One swallow doth not a summer make."
Walcott on 19:13 - Oct 5 with 1512 viewsSinned

Walcott on 17:59 - Oct 5 by Berber

Look, as I said in another site, if Ralph thinks he has something to offer us, it’s enough for me. Just trust Ralph
Walcott on 19:35 - Oct 5 with 1472 viewsPatfromPoole

Harry Coonting Redknapp is going to be on SSN in the next 20 minutes to discuss the Walcott move, as “the manager responsible for giving him his first-team debut...”

He will of course not claim any credit. At all. No chance.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Walcott on 19:52 - Oct 5 with 1446 viewsSalisburySaint

Walcott on 19:35 - Oct 5 by PatfromPoole

Harry Coonting Redknapp is going to be on SSN in the next 20 minutes to discuss the Walcott move, as “the manager responsible for giving him his first-team debut...”

Was thinking exactly the same

Love the way The experts on SKY still going on as they have for weeks about Sancho to United which is most unlikely to happen
Walcott on 20:13 - Oct 5 with 1403 viewsbattler

Walcott on 19:35 - Oct 5 by PatfromPoole

What an absolute coont that bloke is.
Walcott on 20:16 - Oct 5 with 1395 viewsPatfromPoole

Walcott on 20:13 - Oct 5 by battler

What an absolute coont that bloke is.

I can’t watch it, as his coonting son is on as well.

Coont and Coonter.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Walcott on 20:23 - Oct 5 with 1380 viewsbattler

I just dont get Sky Sports love for those 2 herberts.
Walcott on 21:40 - Oct 5 with 1282 viewsinthebox

Passed the medical
Walcott on 21:45 - Oct 5 with 1273 viewsinthebox

I remember when he first came on the scene he was considered not to have a footballing braun, plenty of speed but little end product, has that changed? He does have plenty of experience now.
Walcott on 21:50 - Oct 5 with 1262 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 21:45 - Oct 5 by inthebox

I remember when he first came on the scene he was considered not to have a footballing braun, plenty of speed but little end product, has that changed? He does have plenty of experience now.

Definitely signing. So all those slagging him off, are you going to give him a chance for the team you support? Or you turn the TV off, if Ralph picks him?

Walcott on 22:17 - Oct 5 with 1233 viewsinthebox

Walcott on 21:45 - Oct 5 by inthebox

Brain, sorry.
Walcott on 22:35 - Oct 5 with 1204 viewsBison

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1313229957691211776?ref_src=twsr

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Walcott on 15:34 - Dec 9 with 1039 viewsButty101

Walcott on 22:35 - Oct 5 by Bison

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1313229957691211776?ref_src=twsr

So has anyone changed their mind about signing Walcott?

My impression is hes motiviated and trying hard. But his shooting is still powerderpuff and misses more than he will ever score. However so far done a reasonable job. If only he tucked the 2nd one away at Wolves....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Walcott on 15:39 - Dec 9 with 1033 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott on 15:34 - Dec 9 by Butty101

My impression is hes motiviated and trying hard. But his shooting is still powerderpuff and misses more than he will ever score. However so far done a reasonable job. If only he tucked the 2nd one away at Wolves....

I was one of those who argued for signing Walcott on this thread, especially as he was only on loan. He has spoken well, worked hard for the team, enthusiastic about the Saints, as I expected. I really couldn't understand why people had a problem with a loan signing, further cover up front and who speaks so highly of our club. He is not world class, but he is worth having imo. He has done a steady job, in Ings absence. Seriously why were some so against it?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 15:41]

Walcott on 16:53 - Dec 9 with 952 viewsChesham_Saint

Walcott on 15:39 - Dec 9 by Saintsforeverj

I was one of those who argued for signing Walcott on this thread, especially as he was only on loan. He has spoken well, worked hard for the team, enthusiastic about the Saints, as I expected. I really couldn't understand why people had a problem with a loan signing, further cover up front and who speaks so highly of our club. He is not world class, but he is worth having imo. He has done a steady job, in Ings absence. Seriously why were some so against it?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 15:41]

Hard to criticise Walcott’s finishing when you consider the opportunities Long has squandered in the past (and I quite like Long too). Overall he’s been a great addition so far.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Walcott on 16:58 - Dec 9 with 946 viewsBerber

I have changed my mind. I was not very much in favour of the loan, but full credit to the lad, he has done a great job, outshone Redmond, Armstrong and Djenepo and on the current showings, working for the team, making a positive difference,I would be happy to see him sign on again.
Walcott on 20:11 - Dec 9 with 855 viewsSadoldgit

I was very surprised when the rumour started and even more surprised when he signed, but he has been a welcome addition to the squad. Yes, his finishing isn’t great but as said, neither is Long’s. I wouldn’t sign him permanently though, I would rather see us sign a younger hot prospect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024