Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! 21:55 - Oct 5 with 1090 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53046/theo-walcott-rejoi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:02 - Oct 5 with 976 viewsMytchettSaint

I’d rather we still had Boufal than Th£o

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:03 - Oct 5 with 971 viewsSaintNick

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:02 - Oct 5 by MytchettSaint

I’d rather we still had Boufal than Th£o

Why ??

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:16 - Oct 5 with 950 viewsSalisburySaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:03 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Why ??

Think Theo gives us options up front, can play wide or as part of front two, well worth a loan fee to add his experience to squad
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:21 - Oct 5 with 938 viewsSaintNick

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:16 - Oct 5 by SalisburySaint

Think Theo gives us options up front, can play wide or as part of front two, well worth a loan fee to add his experience to squad

I dont think there is a loan fee, we just pay half his wages so will cost us around £4 million

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:23 - Oct 5 with 930 viewsPatfromPoole

I think he’ll get a few goals and assists which will justify us taking him.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:24 - Oct 5 with 927 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:16 - Oct 5 by SalisburySaint

And look at some of his premier league goals. Ralph is good at getting the best out of players. So very cheaply, we are potentially getting a direct PL goal scorer. Rather that then spend 18 million on Carillo, Elyanoussi, Boufal and the rest. Great deal Saints.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:25 - Oct 5 with 926 viewsMytchettSaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:03 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Why ??

Because I’m of the opinion Walcott will be sh1ter than boufal

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:26 - Oct 5 with 918 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:25 - Oct 5 by MytchettSaint

Show me Boufal's top ten goals. Sorry, forgot he has only scored 3 PL goals, albeit one very good one. This negativity is just rediculous. Look at Walcott's goals!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 23:29]

Login to get fewer ads

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:30 - Oct 5 with 899 viewsSaintNick

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:25 - Oct 5 by MytchettSaint

Last season Walcott got two goals in the Premier League so on last seasons form he has the edge.

Ironically I think we will pay less in wages for Walcott then we would have had to pay for Boufal, so not much of a gamble really

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:32 - Oct 5 with 892 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:30 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Last season Walcott got two goals in the Premier League so on last seasons form he has the edge.

Ironically I think we will pay less in wages for Walcott then we would have had to pay for Boufal, so not much of a gamble really

And look at Walcott's best goals. Look at what he could produce, under the right manager at right club.

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:41 - Oct 5 with 873 viewsMytchettSaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:26 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

Show me Boufal's top ten goals. Sorry, forgot he has only scored 3 PL goals, albeit one very good one. This negativity is just rediculous. Look at Walcott's goals!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 23:29]

It’s called an opinion and I’m entitled to it.

Sorry for being Rediculous, I’ll busy myself showing you a video of Boufals goals (sorry - forgot there isn’t any more than 3)

Make sure you clap Ox and Adz when they turn up this season if we’re allowed back in.

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:44 - Oct 5 with 866 viewsMytchettSaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:30 - Oct 5 by SaintNick

Moving on Boufal was probably the right thing to do, I just don’t think Walcott will offer anything after an initial first couple of games flurry.

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:44 - Oct 5 with 863 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:41 - Oct 5 by MytchettSaint

It’s called an opinion and I’m entitled to it.

Sorry for being Rediculous, I’ll busy myself showing you a video of Boufals goals (sorry - forgot there isn’t any more than 3)

Make sure you clap Ox and Adz when they turn up this season if we’re allowed back in.

I won't be clapping any player that doesn't play for Saints. Enjoy slagging off Walcott when he puts on the red and white stripes of the team "you support". That will really help the team won't it. I will be clapping Walcott, and hopefully cheering his goals.

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 06:51 - Oct 6 with 741 viewsMytchettSaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 23:44 - Oct 5 by Saintsforeverj

I won't be clapping any player that doesn't play for Saints. Enjoy slagging off Walcott when he puts on the red and white stripes of the team "you support". That will really help the team won't it. I will be clapping Walcott, and hopefully cheering his goals.

Hhhhnnnnnngg - show me a video - hhnnnnnng

Hhhnnnnnng - I’ll be clapping and licking windows for the ladz- hhnnnng

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:00 - Oct 6 with 723 viewsButty101

I’m 50/50 in him coming back. If he has the hunger, drive and Pace he could be good. But those attributes were missing at Everton. Maybe living nearly family will help. But it’s a cheap gamble so nothing to lose .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:34 - Oct 6 with 694 viewsSteveMoron

I'm happy. Great lad and he will lift the place. Team spirit goes a long way. 4 million in wages is fine, especially as players like Carillo are off the books.
I have to say that Fulham got the best signing.
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:46 - Oct 6 with 683 viewsMytchettSaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:00 - Oct 6 by Butty101

I’m 50/50 in him coming back. If he has the hunger, drive and Pace he could be good. But those attributes were missing at Everton. Maybe living nearly family will help. But it’s a cheap gamble so nothing to lose .

I honestly hope he proves me wrong and he is a great success, I sadly don’t see it happening though given what he’s achieved for his promise/talent. Something isn’t right there.
I’d rather we’d added to our defensive options and as our modus operandi in the past isn’t to get in players over a certain age I’d have liked us to taken the approach we are taking now when say Cahill was available a few seasons ago. Offering a season long contract with the option for another year if it suited both parties.
Perhaps it’s just me but I don’t see what he is going to add different to what we have in Redmond and Djnepo

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 08:04 - Oct 6 with 653 viewsSalisburySaint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:34 - Oct 6 by SteveMoron

I'm happy. Great lad and he will lift the place. Team spirit goes a long way. 4 million in wages is fine, especially as players like Carillo are off the books.
I have to say that Fulham got the best signing.

Fulham taking a chance paying £150K a week for RLC, but they will say it will be worth it if he can keep them up
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 08:13 - Oct 6 with 642 viewsPatfromPoole

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 08:04 - Oct 6 by SalisburySaint

Fulham taking a chance paying £150K a week for RLC, but they will say it will be worth it if he can keep them up

Difficult to see Harrison Reed and Lemina getting much of a look-in there now.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 09:27 - Oct 6 with 583 viewsChesham_Saint

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 07:46 - Oct 6 by MytchettSaint

I honestly hope he proves me wrong and he is a great success, I sadly don’t see it happening though given what he’s achieved for his promise/talent. Something isn’t right there.
I’d rather we’d added to our defensive options and as our modus operandi in the past isn’t to get in players over a certain age I’d have liked us to taken the approach we are taking now when say Cahill was available a few seasons ago. Offering a season long contract with the option for another year if it suited both parties.
Perhaps it’s just me but I don’t see what he is going to add different to what we have in Redmond and Djnepo

People seem to be forgetting that Walcott had quite a purple patch for Arsenal and was a shoe-in for England for a while.

Either way, do we trust Ralph’s judgment or not? The fact is if it’s something Ralph sanctioned then it’s fine by me as: a) it should help keep Ralph happy; b) it’s no more of a risk than retaining Boufal and c) it’s a bit of feel good story in these dark times. So really, what’s not to like?

It’s not as if signing Walcott for a season prevented us from getting a Mane or Bale back, is it?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 09:35 - Oct 6 with 574 viewsSteveMoron

Walcott on Talksport after 10am
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 12:01 - Oct 6 with 512 viewskingslandstand1

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 09:35 - Oct 6 by SteveMoron

Walcott on Talksport after 10am

I assume he said he was glad to be back at his spiritual home and only left to go to Arsenal for a song to help save the club in the dire financial state we were in at the time
Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 12:11 - Oct 6 with 509 viewsInsideOut

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 09:27 - Oct 6 by Chesham_Saint

People seem to be forgetting that Walcott had quite a purple patch for Arsenal and was a shoe-in for England for a while.

Either way, do we trust Ralph’s judgment or not? The fact is if it’s something Ralph sanctioned then it’s fine by me as: a) it should help keep Ralph happy; b) it’s no more of a risk than retaining Boufal and c) it’s a bit of feel good story in these dark times. So really, what’s not to like?

It’s not as if signing Walcott for a season prevented us from getting a Mane or Bale back, is it?

Well said

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Theo Walcott Rejoins Saints Is This A Good Or Bad Move ! on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 454 viewsSadoldgit

I wasn’t sure about this move but having heard his interview earlier he seems really happy to be coming back and sounds fired up. As said, if he can weigh in with a few goals and assists it will be a short term gamble worth taking. He also gives us some different options from the bench. £4m for all that experience and it gives us a bit more time to sort out something more permanent - fair dos. It still flies in the face of a transfer strategy of buying young potential though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024