Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi 08:25 - Oct 7 with 1411 viewssaint22

Now showing his true blue Tory self

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/chancellor-rishi-sunak-say
Rishi on 09:08 - Oct 7 with 1377 viewsthissceptredsaint

I think there are better examples you can use if you want to criticise his smarmy hypocrisy I don't think many will feel much sympathy for 'creatives' who usually aren't so very. I do worry that these middle class grifters will mop up the type of assistance and training usually only directed at the 'practical types' . That's the British working class in other words. Lets face it many are experts at sniffing out grants and funding, with the help of the family accountant of course.

Meanwhile Starmer is just doing eff all as usual and the Lib Dems well....whats their purpose?
Rishi on 09:10 - Oct 7 with 1375 viewssaint22

Rishi on 09:08 - Oct 7 by thissceptredsaint

I think there are better examples you can use if you want to criticise his smarmy hypocrisy I don't think many will feel much sympathy for 'creatives' who usually aren't so very. I do worry that these middle class grifters will mop up the type of assistance and training usually only directed at the 'practical types' . That's the British working class in other words. Lets face it many are experts at sniffing out grants and funding, with the help of the family accountant of course.

Meanwhile Starmer is just doing eff all as usual and the Lib Dems well....whats their purpose?

Oh yes who needs the arts
Ffs
Rishi on 09:15 - Oct 7 with 1368 viewsJaySaint

I think he is spot on. People are struggling as it is, let alone having to pay for some luvvie to remain in their industry whilst it is shut down

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rishi on 10:17 - Oct 7 with 1353 viewsKennington

I think he’s right. As important as the arts are, they’re a bonus and make the world nicer. They’re not though essential. I often wonder listening to musicians talking about their creative process and the lack of awareness they have that they are entertainers. Same often applies with footballers. The music industry is a bloated mess with gigs costing stupid amounts and often about £100 for a big act. That’s madness. I really hope when this is over we’ll get back to smaller grass roots venues and a bit of a reality check.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 10:21]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Rishi on 10:51 - Oct 7 with 1323 viewssaint22

Rishi on 09:15 - Oct 7 by JaySaint

I think he is spot on. People are struggling as it is, let alone having to pay for some luvvie to remain in their industry whilst it is shut down

yeah of course you would say that
just have think next time you want to go watch a movie, slouch on your sofa to watch your favourite show, go see a gig, visit a gallery to see some art......oh scratch that last one i doubt thats on your schedule
Rishi on 12:10 - Oct 7 with 1296 viewsKennington

Rishi on 10:51 - Oct 7 by saint22

just have think next time you want to go watch a movie, slouch on your sofa to watch your favourite show, go see a gig, visit a gallery to see some art......oh scratch that last one i doubt thats on your schedule

How long do you keep these things going though? If it’s a really small venue I’d have more sympathy but I’m not keen on having my taxes going to pay to keep the O2 or Wembley arena viable. Even the smaller venues with no government help should theoretically come back post covid, unless they’re knocked down and turned into apartment blocks.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Rishi on 12:20 - Oct 7 with 1287 viewsJaySaint

How do you propose all of this is paid for?

don't forget, over the next decade, energy prices will go through the roof, alongside council tax et al.

who will pay for the drummer of some band to stay home and practice, whilst other 'workers' have to lump it?

Rishi on 14:50 - Oct 7 with 1240 viewsthissceptredsaint

Before Covid musicians were struggling because people expect to hear their music for free. Spotify et all have been a nightmare for musicians. The internet I suspect has not been great for musicians who came up when it came into existence. I guess old music has done ok. Most musicians I suspect have other jobs anyway.

As for luvvies and artists, most are from somewhat comfortable backgrounds. It would be good for them to get a taste of reality. If any of you have read Tom Bakers autobiography, he worked as a brickie for years. He still managed to pursue an acting career as well.

What I cant stand is the hypocrisy. No one told the bankers to start retraining when we bailed them out. Which is good as when I was a training manager if I had one in my company I'd be counting the tools each night.

You could also argue that you can point to the revenue Britains creative sector generates. Sadly again is it that great?
Login to get fewer ads

Rishi on 09:01 - Oct 10 with 1117 viewsSadoldgit

Yet is it ok to pay many footballers a Kings Ransom because they have short careers. What is stopping them getting another job when they stop playing?
Rishi on 09:44 - Oct 10 with 1097 viewsSaintNick

Rishi on 09:01 - Oct 10 by Sadoldgit

Yet is it ok to pay many footballers a Kings Ransom because they have short careers. What is stopping them getting another job when they stop playing?

Footballers get paid obscene amounts, but that is not their fault it is the state of football, but in reality it is a very small amount.

20 Premier clubs with 30 players each = 600
24 Championship clubs with 20 players at a lower level = 500

Not many in League One or Two on great wages and all salary capped going forward.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Rishi on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 1024 viewssaint22

Rishi on 12:20 - Oct 7 by JaySaint

don't forget, over the next decade, energy prices will go through the roof, alongside council tax et al.

who will pay for the drummer of some band to stay home and practice, whilst other 'workers' have to lump it?

Those same furloughed workers journeying all round the country on a holiday you mean?
Rishi on 16:49 - Oct 10 with 1001 viewscocklebreath

Rishi on 12:20 - Oct 7 by JaySaint

Can you be anymore salt of the earth sun reading stereotypical? Are you my dad? How can someone so young become so grim? Read a book you dog dick

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Rishi on 18:29 - Oct 10 with 965 viewsBicester_North

Rishi on 16:14 - Oct 10 by saint22

Those same furloughed workers journeying all round the country on a holiday you mean?

You been to see that friend of yours in the Cotswolds?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Rishi on 09:03 - Oct 11 with 844 viewsJaySaint

edit
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 9:04]

Rishi on 09:05 - Oct 11 with 836 viewssaint22

Rishi on 18:29 - Oct 10 by Bicester_North

You been to see that friend of yours in the Cotswolds?

You got a life yet?
Rishi on 11:20 - Oct 11 with 788 viewsSadoldgit

Rishi on 09:44 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

Footballers get paid obscene amounts, but that is not their fault it is the state of football, but in reality it is a very small amount.

20 Premier clubs with 30 players each = 600
24 Championship clubs with 20 players at a lower level = 500

Not many in League One or Two on great wages and all salary capped going forward.

No, it is not their fault, it doesn’t mean that they have to get paid a fortune because they have short careers. Perhaps, like the rest of us they should get another job when this one ends and the clubs should use the money to reduce ticket prices instead of paying obscene wages.

The average pay in League 1 is around £70k and League 2 around £40k I think. Not bad is it but of course looks ridiculous when compared to Prem money.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:25]
Rishi on 11:37 - Oct 11 with 775 viewsBicester_North

Rishi on 09:05 - Oct 11 by saint22

You got a life yet?

Yes Ben just the one, how many pretend ones you got now?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024