Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? 12:48 - Oct 7 with 30284 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Have they played recently?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:56 - Oct 9 with 2065 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:35 - Oct 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Why is it all of a sudden about 'graduating' from the academy. Pompey produced those players, and they all broke into PL teams and became regulars within the time period stated. Over 750 top flight appearances there.

Because Fella, you are beaten and trying to move the goal posts.

8 years since your academy produced a note worthy player.

Saints on the other hand have seen this lot of England internationals pass through the academy in the last decade alone - Oxlade, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw, Calum Chambers, JWP.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:38 - Oct 9 with 2039 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:56 - Oct 9 by Butty101

Because Fella, you are beaten and trying to move the goal posts.

8 years since your academy produced a note worthy player.

Saints on the other hand have seen this lot of England internationals pass through the academy in the last decade alone - Oxlade, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw, Calum Chambers, JWP.

I was the one who made the original comment, how can I have moved the goalposts?

JWP just joined your club because you were in the PL at the time. OC joined because his old man lost his job at Pompey, and one of your scouts spotted Chambers at a game in Pompey. All 3 could easily have been ours. Most good player progress regardless how good the academy is.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:13 - Oct 9 with 2023 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:38 - Oct 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I was the one who made the original comment, how can I have moved the goalposts?

JWP just joined your club because you were in the PL at the time. OC joined because his old man lost his job at Pompey, and one of your scouts spotted Chambers at a game in Pompey. All 3 could easily have been ours. Most good player progress regardless how good the academy is.

Coulda Woulda Shoulda.

Ok lets make it a bit easier for you, as you are struggling some what. How many England Internationals have graduated from the Pompey academy this century?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 17:49 - Oct 9 with 1974 viewsMattFinish

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 19:25 - Oct 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think a lot of your posters do, this thread was about the thrashing from Northampton the other night for you 'reserves/ youngsters' but your lot want to turn it into ' Portsmouth or Mason Mount etc.

It could have been an interesting thread about how your academy going through a rough patch.

What like your club. Only difference is our youth team will recover
How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:31 - Oct 29 with 1829 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:08 - Oct 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Most of the players were dropped from the previous game, but there was on player who led the fight-back, and scored the first goal before their team levelled at 3-3.

@130 I see Mount has now been benched. Who would of have guessed

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:07 - Oct 29 with 1812 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:31 - Oct 29 by Butty101

@130 I see Mount has now been benched. Who would of have guessed

Only 3 players played more matches than him this season, he seems like a key player.

Why not drop him for an easy away game with hours of mid-week travel involved?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 22:36 - Oct 29 with 1733 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:07 - Oct 29 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Only 3 players played more matches than him this season, he seems like a key player.

Why not drop him for an easy away game with hours of mid-week travel involved?

Didnt know that Man U away was an easy game

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 18:04 - Oct 30 with 1649 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 22:36 - Oct 29 by Butty101

Didnt know that Man U away was an easy game

Oh, didn't realise you were on about the weekend game. Maybe it was one of the main reasons that Chelsea didn't score. A team who are still 4th top scorers in the league.

Login to get fewer ads

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:10 - Nov 3 with 1537 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I see Mount was back in the starting 11 the weekend, and Chelsea strangely back to winning ways. Mount was also Man of the Match. Looks like he is a key player for the team. Portsmouth born and bred don't you know.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:27 - Nov 3 with 1522 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:10 - Nov 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I see Mount was back in the starting 11 the weekend, and Chelsea strangely back to winning ways. Mount was also Man of the Match. Looks like he is a key player for the team. Portsmouth born and bred don't you know.

I will have to take your word on that, that he was man of the match, the reports i read said it was Ziyech.

Incidently - My bet with you is looking good. Ward prowse already has 3 premiership goals compared to Mounts 1. Who would of guessed ;-)

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:53 - Nov 3 with 1505 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:27 - Nov 3 by Butty101

I will have to take your word on that, that he was man of the match, the reports i read said it was Ziyech.

Incidently - My bet with you is looking good. Ward prowse already has 3 premiership goals compared to Mounts 1. Who would of guessed ;-)

Last 3 seasons

3, 7, 5 . JWP
9, 8, 7 . Mount

Ok then

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:59 - Nov 3 with 1501 viewsButty101

1 year of games - Nov 19 to Nov 20

Mount 50 games 5 goals
JWP 38 games 8 goals.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:44 - Nov 3 with 1478 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 13:59 - Nov 3 by Butty101

1 year of games - Nov 19 to Nov 20

Mount 50 games 5 goals
JWP 38 games 8 goals.

Most of those goals are free kicks and possibly penalties. If he was at Chelsea he would hardly be getting a game. That's a fact. He isn't in the same league as Mount, who will probably end up with 50 or more England caps. Prowse will be lucky to get to double digits.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:10 - Nov 3 with 1464 viewsSaintNick

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 14:44 - Nov 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Most of those goals are free kicks and possibly penalties. If he was at Chelsea he would hardly be getting a game. That's a fact. He isn't in the same league as Mount, who will probably end up with 50 or more England caps. Prowse will be lucky to get to double digits.

If JWP was at Chelsea he would be strolling around dominating the midfield and getting into double figures with goals.

By the way when you counted up Mount's goal tally only one season was in the Premier League the other two were the Eridivisie and the Championship

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:41 - Nov 3 with 1448 viewsdirk_doone

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:10 - Nov 3 by SaintNick

If JWP was at Chelsea he would be strolling around dominating the midfield and getting into double figures with goals.

By the way when you counted up Mount's goal tally only one season was in the Premier League the other two were the Eridivisie and the Championship

Worzel 130 is certainly a slippery character. You'd trust him about as far as you could throw him. I've noticed, for example, that his use of 'Pompey probably have', as in 'Pompey probably have x number of....' , is in fact a euphemism for 'Pompey haven't'

Anyway, Mount has scored a total of 8 Premier League goals in his career.

It will be interesting to see how Tella and N'Dululu progress now that they're breaking into the first team squad. They look like exciting prospects.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 15:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:04 - Nov 3 with 1419 viewsButty101

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:41 - Nov 3 by dirk_doone

Worzel 130 is certainly a slippery character. You'd trust him about as far as you could throw him. I've noticed, for example, that his use of 'Pompey probably have', as in 'Pompey probably have x number of....' , is in fact a euphemism for 'Pompey haven't'

Anyway, Mount has scored a total of 8 Premier League goals in his career.

It will be interesting to see how Tella and N'Dululu progress now that they're breaking into the first team squad. They look like exciting prospects.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 15:54]

Mount plays in an advanced role as well so should get more goals.

When you take out Mounts early burst of goals last season (4 goals in 8 games), suddenly his stats are not great - 4 goals in 36 prem games. His only goal this season was a lucky one as it took a big deflection.

JWP on the hand, since Ralph has been in 15 goals in 65 games.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:13 - Nov 3 with 1406 viewsChesham_Saint

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:04 - Nov 3 by Butty101

Mount plays in an advanced role as well so should get more goals.

When you take out Mounts early burst of goals last season (4 goals in 8 games), suddenly his stats are not great - 4 goals in 36 prem games. His only goal this season was a lucky one as it took a big deflection.

JWP on the hand, since Ralph has been in 15 goals in 65 games.

I don’t tend to read 130’s posts as he’s either a complete WUM or a deluded cvnt. Is he seriously arguing that a kid who left the ‘Myth yonks ago is part of Hillbillie legend?

Well riddle me this: how many players Have come up through their ranks and won full caps whilst still playing at their cess pit?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:16 - Nov 3 with 1405 viewsdirk_doone

Even young Michael Obafemi has 4 Premier League goals already. But, I think Dan N'Dululu is going to outscore him once he gets more time on the pitch for the first team.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:24 - Nov 3 with 1400 viewsdirk_doone

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:13 - Nov 3 by Chesham_Saint

I don’t tend to read 130’s posts as he’s either a complete WUM or a deluded cvnt. Is he seriously arguing that a kid who left the ‘Myth yonks ago is part of Hillbillie legend?

Well riddle me this: how many players Have come up through their ranks and won full caps whilst still playing at their cess pit?

I think he is, as his previous idol, Bobby Tambling, was born in Storrington in Sussex, supported Blackpool as a boy, joined Chelsea at the age of 15 and never played a single game for Little Pompey, yet Worzel 130 views him as one of Portsmouth's greatest ever footballers.

Anyone reading his posts would think he was a Chelsea fan, living in Portsmouth, who comes on here to deliberately embarrass Little Pompey as much as possible.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 16:34]

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:39 - Nov 3 with 1382 viewsChesham_Saint

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:24 - Nov 3 by dirk_doone

I think he is, as his previous idol, Bobby Tambling, was born in Storrington in Sussex, supported Blackpool as a boy, joined Chelsea at the age of 15 and never played a single game for Little Pompey, yet Worzel 130 views him as one of Portsmouth's greatest ever footballers.

Anyone reading his posts would think he was a Chelsea fan, living in Portsmouth, who comes on here to deliberately embarrass Little Pompey as much as possible.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 16:34]

I can seriously only think of one player (Anderton) who may have played for England whilst being a fully fledged skate.

Whereas Saints must be well Into double figures...?

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:43 - Nov 3 with 1378 viewsdirk_doone

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:39 - Nov 3 by Chesham_Saint

I can seriously only think of one player (Anderton) who may have played for England whilst being a fully fledged skate.

Whereas Saints must be well Into double figures...?

Take your pick. These are the players who won England caps as players for the clubs:

Southampton

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Flowers
Fraser Forster
C B Fry
Kelly Houlker
Danny Ings
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
Alex McCarthy
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Portsmouth

Jim Allen
Sol Campbell
Peter Crouch
Dan Cunliffe
Jermain Defoe
Jimmy Dickinson
Jack Froggatt
Peter Harris
Mark Hateley
Kelly Houlker
David James
Glen Johnson
Arthur Knight
Len Phillips
Jack Smith
Fred Worrall

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 17:40 - Nov 3 with 1358 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 15:10 - Nov 3 by SaintNick

"If JWP was at Chelsea he would be strolling around dominating the midfield and getting into double figures with goals".

He would probably be on the transfer list due to lack of games. This is true.

You can only go on recent seasons, and despite being a much younger player, Mount is head and shoulders above the Crab from Farlington.

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1342 viewsMessysaints

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 17:40 - Nov 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

"If JWP was at Chelsea he would be strolling around dominating the midfield and getting into double figures with goals".

He would probably be on the transfer list due to lack of games. This is true.

You can only go on recent seasons, and despite being a much younger player, Mount is head and shoulders above the Crab from Farlington.

why do you keep going on about Mount, he is not even a portsmouth youth player, he is a chelsea youth player, you cant include his local league / youth training at age 4 - 6, if you are then techincally he is a Saints portsmouth and Chelsea.. but lets be honest..

And stop compaing JWP and Mount, one is an attacking player the other is a defensive player, two completely different roles, although, JWP can play any role in mid and fill in at right / left back and do a good job, Mount not to well...
How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 19:48 - Nov 3 with 1315 viewsChesham_Saint

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 16:43 - Nov 3 by dirk_doone

Take your pick. These are the players who won England caps as players for the clubs:

Southampton

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Flowers
Fraser Forster
C B Fry
Kelly Houlker
Danny Ings
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
Alex McCarthy
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Portsmouth

Jim Allen
Sol Campbell
Peter Crouch
Dan Cunliffe
Jermain Defoe
Jimmy Dickinson
Jack Froggatt
Peter Harris
Mark Hateley
Kelly Houlker
David James
Glen Johnson
Arthur Knight
Len Phillips
Jack Smith
Fred Worrall

FFS, I meant in the modern era mate!

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 12:56 - Nov 5 with 1184 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is your next generation of youngsters coming on? on 18:25 - Nov 3 by Messysaints

why do you keep going on about Mount, he is not even a portsmouth youth player, he is a chelsea youth player, you cant include his local league / youth training at age 4 - 6, if you are then techincally he is a Saints portsmouth and Chelsea.. but lets be honest..

And stop compaing JWP and Mount, one is an attacking player the other is a defensive player, two completely different roles, although, JWP can play any role in mid and fill in at right / left back and do a good job, Mount not to well...

JWP is an amazing player. The lack of games for England is a travesty, he is being treated the same way as MLT. If he was playing for one of the big clubs, he would be getting so many more games for his country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024