Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL Box Office 15:11 - Oct 9 with 2492 viewsFredAndWhite

Premier League games will be made available to watch on Box Office in October.
£14.95 on top of your current Sky Sports + BT subscriptions....
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1859021?sf238670855
Dodgy stream requests will be at an all time high vs Chelsea and Aston Villa

Poll: What is your GOAL OF THE MONTH for December?

PL Box Office on 16:02 - Oct 9 with 2439 viewsBazza

Just completely wrong
PL Box Office on 16:29 - Oct 9 with 2414 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

£15 a match to watch on TV?

Could the Premier League BE more out of touch? Is this money going down to the lower league clubs to help them? Will it f**k.

Everyone should boycott this.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

PL Box Office on 16:35 - Oct 9 with 2410 viewsScoot

Why would I pay to stream it when I stream them all for free now?

Poll: Should NJ go?

PL Box Office on 17:18 - Oct 9 with 2371 viewsDorsetIan

Think this is going to be a massive story and they will have to back down. £4.95 maybe - they've got the pricing for this completely wrong.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

PL Box Office on 17:24 - Oct 9 with 2365 viewsSalisburySaint

In the current circumstances I don’t see a problem with it, I’m not sure what if any money Saints received for the Palace, Burnley and West Brom games from TV Companies.

As a subscriber to both I paid nothing to watch those games.

As a season ticket holder I will be receiving a refund for any home game I do not attend.

The total refund I will receive if unable to attend any games, will exceed what I will pay for Box Office games.

So I will still be in pocket even if I pay for all Box Office games.

I find it odd that people expect to see these games for free and personally ok with paying £15 a game, which is not much more than I pay to watch Salisbury FC, level 7 play, and it appears that some of the money will go to the clubs involved
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 17:25]
PL Box Office on 17:30 - Oct 9 with 2346 views1ASIN12

A complete rip off .

No way will i be paying for that. If fact I think I will cancel my SkY sports and BT sports now as well.

Plenty of "free" streams to watch football if i want too.

If not I'll just stick to waching Match of the Day.

Great if you support liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal though (Nick will be pleased) as you'll continue to be able to see the majoity of those teams as part of your Sky/Bt package.

No wonder more and more fans are turning to non league football - Some may never come back.
PL Box Office on 17:37 - Oct 9 with 2337 viewswashington_saint

PL Box Office on 17:30 - Oct 9 by 1ASIN12

A complete rip off .

No way will i be paying for that. If fact I think I will cancel my SkY sports and BT sports now as well.

Great if you support liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal though (Nick will be pleased) as you'll continue to be able to see the majoity of those teams as part of your Sky/Bt package.

No wonder more and more fans are turning to non league football - Some may never come back.

Utter rip-off. Here in the US I pay $50 for the full year to NBC's Peacock streaming channel and get to watch every Saints game live
PL Box Office on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 2323 viewsSalisburySaint

PL Box Office on 17:30 - Oct 9 by 1ASIN12

A complete rip off .

Nb Two Of Chelsea's Games in Oct on pay per view

But agree it will be supporters of clubs outside big 6 who will have to pay more over the season
Login to get fewer ads

PL Box Office on 18:13 - Oct 9 with 2296 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

PL Box Office on 17:18 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

Think this is going to be a massive story and they will have to back down. £4.95 maybe - they've got the pricing for this completely wrong.

And that is a realistic price point for ONE match on TV. I think most people would be okay with £5.

On another note, what's with retailers and so on STILL going on with .99.98.95 pricing? Just round it up FFS.

£14.95 is £15.

£4.95 is £5, simple. Let's move on.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 18:13]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

PL Box Office on 20:55 - Oct 9 with 2199 viewsWaylander

For £5 i will pay up and so I can watch it on my main TV. At £15 I will watch a pirate stream on my PC
PL Box Office on 21:47 - Oct 9 with 2165 viewsSteveMoron

It's only for October. I'm sure they'll reconsider for November when most of us boycott.
PL Box Office on 22:20 - Oct 9 with 2139 viewsPoirot

Seems to be a fair price based on other streaming events like the championship and boxing. Sports rights holders were never going to carry on with free games like last season.

cockfosters
PL Box Office on 09:30 - Oct 10 with 1999 viewsSadoldgit

PL Box Office on 18:13 - Oct 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

And that is a realistic price point for ONE match on TV. I think most people would be okay with £5.

On another note, what's with retailers and so on STILL going on with .99.98.95 pricing? Just round it up FFS.

£14.95 is £15.

£4.95 is £5, simple. Let's move on.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 18:13]

It’s irritating isn’t it! Long gone are the days when people were duped into thinking something wasn’t as expensive if it was rounded down by a penny to .99. As you say, if something is priced £4.99 it is a fiver.

As for the pricing, I have paid a tenner to watch matches on my phone which I think is a bit steep so won’t be forking out £15.
PL Box Office on 09:36 - Oct 10 with 1995 viewsSaintNick

PL Box Office on 17:24 - Oct 9 by SalisburySaint

In the current circumstances I don’t see a problem with it, I’m not sure what if any money Saints received for the Palace, Burnley and West Brom games from TV Companies.

As a subscriber to both I paid nothing to watch those games.

As a season ticket holder I will be receiving a refund for any home game I do not attend.

The total refund I will receive if unable to attend any games, will exceed what I will pay for Box Office games.

So I will still be in pocket even if I pay for all Box Office games.

I find it odd that people expect to see these games for free and personally ok with paying £15 a game, which is not much more than I pay to watch Salisbury FC, level 7 play, and it appears that some of the money will go to the clubs involved
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 17:25]

Sensible viewpoint, there are many issues surrounding PPV going forward, but for this it is merely Sky/BT providing a service "On top" of what they contractually do.

For the Chelsea game 3,000 Saints fans tops would be able to see the game, now there is a choice for those wo would like to watch it but couldnt go.

Yet some are up in arms because they have been offered a chance to watch a game that they would not have been able to see in normal circumstances but are being asked to pay for it.

Lets be accurate here, these are matches that would not be screened normally

People moan when we don't pay big fees for players, moan when they havent received a refund for the Spurs game before the players are down the tunnel.

There are issues about clubs spending money immorrally Spurs for example and also the lower league clubs, but in Saints case and clubs of our size how can we survive when every home game behind closed doors we have to repay season ticket holders and are missing another 10,000 individual tickets.

Some need to actually see the bigger picture instead of jumping up and complaining at everything

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

PL Box Office on 12:09 - Oct 10 with 1945 viewsSalisburySaint

PL Box Office on 09:36 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

Sensible viewpoint, there are many issues surrounding PPV going forward, but for this it is merely Sky/BT providing a service "On top" of what they contractually do.

For the Chelsea game 3,000 Saints fans tops would be able to see the game, now there is a choice for those wo would like to watch it but couldnt go.

Yet some are up in arms because they have been offered a chance to watch a game that they would not have been able to see in normal circumstances but are being asked to pay for it.

Lets be accurate here, these are matches that would not be screened normally

People moan when we don't pay big fees for players, moan when they havent received a refund for the Spurs game before the players are down the tunnel.

There are issues about clubs spending money immorrally Spurs for example and also the lower league clubs, but in Saints case and clubs of our size how can we survive when every home game behind closed doors we have to repay season ticket holders and are missing another 10,000 individual tickets.

Some need to actually see the bigger picture instead of jumping up and complaining at everything

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well said Nick

when people chose to pay for Sky Sports and BT Sports, did they expect to see every Saints game live, I don’t think so, most expected 10-12 at the most, we‘ve already had 4 shown on those formats for free and Everton game not pay per view either.

As it stands people now have the choice of paying less than 50% of normal home or away match day tickets which will give some money to Saints, or can watch on illegal stream or not watch at all. At least there is an option to see games.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:11]
PL Box Office on 14:46 - Oct 10 with 1894 viewsMessysaints

PL Box Office on 12:09 - Oct 10 by SalisburySaint

Well said Nick

when people chose to pay for Sky Sports and BT Sports, did they expect to see every Saints game live, I don’t think so, most expected 10-12 at the most, we‘ve already had 4 shown on those formats for free and Everton game not pay per view either.

As it stands people now have the choice of paying less than 50% of normal home or away match day tickets which will give some money to Saints, or can watch on illegal stream or not watch at all. At least there is an option to see games.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:11]

the main attraction to paying what you have too at the stadium is the exp, the fans the noise and so on and so on..

Its already dire watching on tv with the fake fan noises in the background and is even worse with no fan noise and just hearin the players...

Now they want me to pay 15 pound per game ( as i support saints and will be lucky to get to see us once a month on sky / bt ) i am looking at 45 pound to watch 3 games maybe 60 pound.. no thanks...

and after watching all prem clubs spending millions on transfers, i am 100 % sure they dont need extra funds by ripping fans off even more than they already do....

Game is going to die... becoming far to greedy
PL Box Office on 14:52 - Oct 10 with 1887 views1ASIN12

PL Box Office on 14:46 - Oct 10 by Messysaints

the main attraction to paying what you have too at the stadium is the exp, the fans the noise and so on and so on..

Its already dire watching on tv with the fake fan noises in the background and is even worse with no fan noise and just hearin the players...

Now they want me to pay 15 pound per game ( as i support saints and will be lucky to get to see us once a month on sky / bt ) i am looking at 45 pound to watch 3 games maybe 60 pound.. no thanks...

and after watching all prem clubs spending millions on transfers, i am 100 % sure they dont need extra funds by ripping fans off even more than they already do....

Gave to agree with this.
PL Box Office on 15:37 - Oct 10 with 1865 viewsPoirot

Be brave and cancel sky sports , stop funding the top six !
PL Box Office on 08:17 - Oct 11 with 1693 viewsdwayne_dibley

PL Box Office on 14:46 - Oct 10 by Messysaints

totally agree

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

PL Box Office on 10:51 - Oct 11 with 1643 viewsericofarabia

I wish we had voted against it, as we are one of the sides that get selected least for the Sky BT games in normal times and that will probably continue, so it will be fans from teams like ourselves who will have to shell out the most as we wont be one of the games selected for the featured live games, but an optional £14.95 game,😟. However, maybe Sky and BT might spot a chance for making more money from selecting Fulham v WBA etc type games which wouldnt attract many extra paying punters, and having the Big 6 games as the £14.95 games .....Kerching
PL Box Office on 11:05 - Oct 11 with 1635 viewssledger

PL Box Office on 15:37 - Oct 10 by Poirot

Be brave and cancel sky sports , stop funding the top six !

be interesting to see how many sky sport packages get cancelled,football appears to live in a different universe to the rest of us,think i will wait until i can go again but then maybe i will have found another hobby
PL Box Office on 14:46 - Oct 11 with 1589 viewsdwayne_dibley

PL Box Office on 11:05 - Oct 11 by sledger

be interesting to see how many sky sport packages get cancelled,football appears to live in a different universe to the rest of us,think i will wait until i can go again but then maybe i will have found another hobby

reality is that an effective vaccine will not be around until the end of 2021 at the earliest so empty terraces are here to stay

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024