Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay Per View Premier League 19:18 - Oct 9 with 1654 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945

Anybody know how the financial side of this will work? So Chelsea v Saints is pay per view. So if 100 000 Chelsea fans pay £14.99 to watch across the world and 10 000 Saints fans pay, is the money shared, or does it go to the home club or TV companies?

Personally I think the price is a rip off, but the top clubs fans will no doubt pay. I will be listening to radio solent.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 19:21]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:06 - Oct 9 with 1622 viewsJaySaint

The price is a joke.
Pure f-ing greed

You can get a streaming service for say £50 a year and get all the major sports channels of the world and every single English professional game, as well as the world's major sporting events.

Many of these services will throw in movies TV on demand.

Heck, it is not hard to find your team playing for free, via google

So I hear.....
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 20:08]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:34 - Oct 9 with 1588 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:06 - Oct 9 by JaySaint

The price is a joke.
Pure f-ing greed

You can get a streaming service for say £50 a year and get all the major sports channels of the world and every single English professional game, as well as the world's major sporting events.

Many of these services will throw in movies TV on demand.

Heck, it is not hard to find your team playing for free, via google

So I hear.....
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 20:08]

Totally agree. Make it £5, and that is more tempting. £15 - no way. Listen on the radio and watch MOTD later. Problem is, all the big clubs will have a lot of willing fans. I hope though that they share out the free games. I have paid for sky sports and expect to see Saints on just as much as the other clubs. I won't hold my breath.

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:42 - Oct 9 with 1581 viewsJaySaint

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:34 - Oct 9 by Saintsforeverj

Totally agree. Make it £5, and that is more tempting. £15 - no way. Listen on the radio and watch MOTD later. Problem is, all the big clubs will have a lot of willing fans. I hope though that they share out the free games. I have paid for sky sports and expect to see Saints on just as much as the other clubs. I won't hold my breath.

The idiots who pay for it, are the lemons who applaud the players for taking a pay defer, whilst club staff are laid off.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Pay Per View Premier League on 21:10 - Oct 9 with 1556 viewsSalisburySaint

Pay Per View Premier League on 20:42 - Oct 9 by JaySaint

The idiots who pay for it, are the lemons who applaud the players for taking a pay defer, whilst club staff are laid off.

What Club staff have Saints laid off !
Pay Per View Premier League on 22:44 - Oct 9 with 1510 viewsBicester_North

Pay Per View Premier League on 21:10 - Oct 9 by SalisburySaint

What Club staff have Saints laid off !

Don’t think this is about Saints. Be happy if everyone gave this a miss and BT/ Sky took a hammering.
They are the absolute scum of sport, along with the premier league itself. As much as I love Saints I would be chuffed if the public turned against it all.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Pay Per View Premier League on 22:51 - Oct 9 with 1506 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pay Per View Premier League on 22:44 - Oct 9 by Bicester_North

Don’t think this is about Saints. Be happy if everyone gave this a miss and BT/ Sky took a hammering.
They are the absolute scum of sport, along with the premier league itself. As much as I love Saints I would be chuffed if the public turned against it all.

The problem is, the PL as usual will get rich, especially the big clubs. Liverpool supporters, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs will pay across the world. Which takes me back to my original question, will all the money be shared out? Not many Saints and Burnley fans will pay, but the fans of the top teams will. So will only the top teams get the pay per view money, I wonder?

Pay Per View Premier League on 23:22 - Oct 9 with 1485 viewsSalisburySaint

Pay Per View Premier League on 22:44 - Oct 9 by Bicester_North

From the way I read it the clubs involved will get the majority of the money so it’s clubs like Saints, Burnley, Brighton etc, who will lose out not SKY/BT or the likes. Of Liverpool, United etc.
Pay Per View Premier League on 09:45 - Oct 10 with 1353 viewsSaintNick

Pay Per View Premier League on 23:22 - Oct 9 by SalisburySaint

From the way I read it the clubs involved will get the majority of the money so it’s clubs like Saints, Burnley, Brighton etc, who will lose out not SKY/BT or the likes. Of Liverpool, United etc.

Again a good sensible point well made, too many jump up in indignation and start shouting at the slightest chance

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Pay Per View Premier League on 11:13 - Oct 10 with 1295 views1ASIN12

Only Leicester voted against this so even the bigger clubs think they will make money from it.

We are keep being told the tickey money is only a small proportion of a premier leagues club turnover, keep getting told £20 is plenty.

Yet some think £15 to watch on tv is ok.

Each to their own and no doubt a lot of fans will pay this.

Is this the 1st steps to make all games being paytv when the current tv deals runs out.
Pay Per View Premier League on 11:37 - Oct 10 with 1281 viewsKennington

Far too expensive. £4.99 I think would be fair and could possibly stop people using streams. It just shows how out of touch the premier league clubs are if they think this is a good deal.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Pay Per View Premier League on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 1248 viewsdwayne_dibley

Pay Per View Premier League on 11:37 - Oct 10 by Kennington

Far too expensive. £4.99 I think would be fair and could possibly stop people using streams. It just shows how out of touch the premier league clubs are if they think this is a good deal.

just establishing the groundrules for when all PL games become available to watch

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Pay Per View Premier League on 13:43 - Oct 11 with 1084 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8826939/

Looks like there will be a U turn due to fan and Government pressure.
- It will encourage fans to mix in different households to share the price.
- It will encourage people to group in pubs.
- Only the richest clubs will benefit as it discriminates against the clubs that aren't on TV very much like Burnley, Saints, WBA. The top teams are free to watch every week.
- The PL clubs have spend over 1 billion this summer, then ask fans to pay to watch the games.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 13:45]

Pay Per View Premier League on 14:38 - Oct 11 with 1062 viewsdwayne_dibley

Pay Per View Premier League on 13:43 - Oct 11 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8826939/

Looks like there will be a U turn due to fan and Government pressure.
- It will encourage fans to mix in different households to share the price.
- It will encourage people to group in pubs.
- Only the richest clubs will benefit as it discriminates against the clubs that aren't on TV very much like Burnley, Saints, WBA. The top teams are free to watch every week.
- The PL clubs have spend over 1 billion this summer, then ask fans to pay to watch the games.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 13:45]

or just revert to current situation and not show the games in the UK. *

*other stream options are available

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024