Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So..... 13:16 - Oct 11 with 2257 viewsTripleNiemi

United and Liverpool are again pushing for plans to reduce the PL to 18 and make the elite richer?

Crack on boys....how about instead though you all fcuk off to a new Euro Superleague and leave the rest of us to watch our teams continue to play other English clubs in a domestic league.

I seriuosly wonder if we are now at a crossroads whereby fans of non fashionable PL teams turn their backs for good?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

So..... on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 2197 viewsSaintsforeverj

Had a look at this. Apparently the plan drawn up includes more power for the top 9 clubs. Interestingly, Saints are one of the 9 clubs who will be in the powerful 9. They are talking about scrapping relegation and promotion, occurring by invite only. Just another example of the way football is money and power driven. I don't like the idea of a super league. In that case Leicester would never have happened, and having the chance to beat a top club (Man City) last year keeps the interest. But I take the point, these top clubs are ruining football.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So..... on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 2194 viewsButty101

So..... on 14:08 - Oct 11 by Saintsforeverj

Had a look at this. Apparently the plan drawn up includes more power for the top 9 clubs. Interestingly, Saints are one of the 9 clubs who will be in the powerful 9. They are talking about scrapping relegation and promotion, occurring by invite only. Just another example of the way football is money and power driven. I don't like the idea of a super league. In that case Leicester would never have happened, and having the chance to beat a top club (Man City) last year keeps the interest. But I take the point, these top clubs are ruining football.

It is also planned that, as well as the 'big six', ever-present league member Everton, West Ham United and Southampton - ninth and 11th respectively in the list of clubs who have featured in the most Premier League seasons - would be granted special statu

Being a big club we are ok jack

Can’t wait to see 130 talk his way out of this one

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

So..... on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 2187 viewsSaintsforeverj

So..... on 14:10 - Oct 11 by Butty101

It is also planned that, as well as the 'big six', ever-present league member Everton, West Ham United and Southampton - ninth and 11th respectively in the list of clubs who have featured in the most Premier League seasons - would be granted special statu

From that point of view, it is certainly good to know we are one the biggest ten clubs in the country!

So..... on 14:41 - Oct 11 with 2160 viewsdwayne_dibley

how patronising to have a few clubs "granted special status" for window dressing

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

So..... on 14:52 - Oct 11 with 2144 viewssolent_toffee

What a load of unsurprising nonsense.

Let Liverpool and United and the other ‘big six’piss off and start their own super league. Don’t let them play in the FA Cup and never let them back. That would do me.
So..... on 15:15 - Oct 11 with 2104 viewsTripleNiemi

Seriously though and jokes aside, even if Saints were classed as some sort of specialty club i am still dead against this (as i was when we were parted ways with the old league format back in the early 90's). It's time to stand up and join forces with other clubs from the PL and lower leagues. If you think us being granted some form of dispensation is a good thing you are deluded. The cartel clubs will always need some canon fodder as playing themselves more regularly would soon pisÅ› off the plastics of Spurs, Arsenal and lesser cartel clubs. Fcuk them all.

So..... on 17:35 - Oct 11 with 1967 viewsSalisburySaint

So..... on 14:52 - Oct 11 by solent_toffee

What a load of unsurprising nonsense.

Let Liverpool and United and the other ‘big six’piss off and start their own super league. Don’t let them play in the FA Cup and never let them back. That would do me.

Fully agree even though Saints appear to get included, I’d rather the big 6 p*ss off and form a European super league and leave the rest of teams in the country to have a competitive leagues where more than normal 3 or 4 teams (Leicester a real exception which is unlikely to occur again) and give more clubs an opportunity to win the league
So..... on 17:35 - Oct 11 with 1967 viewsButty101

So..... on 15:15 - Oct 11 by TripleNiemi

Seriously though and jokes aside, even if Saints were classed as some sort of specialty club i am still dead against this (as i was when we were parted ways with the old league format back in the early 90's). It's time to stand up and join forces with other clubs from the PL and lower leagues. If you think us being granted some form of dispensation is a good thing you are deluded. The cartel clubs will always need some canon fodder as playing themselves more regularly would soon pisÅ› off the plastics of Spurs, Arsenal and lesser cartel clubs. Fcuk them all.

It was tongue in cheek. I would kick the big 6 out and say anyone that plays for them is ineligible to play for England. Unfortunately it would lead to a similar situation to where darts is. But so be it

Login to get fewer ads

So..... on 07:22 - Oct 12 with 1807 viewsTripleNiemi

So..... on 17:35 - Oct 11 by Butty101

It was tongue in cheek. I would kick the big 6 out and say anyone that plays for them is ineligible to play for England. Unfortunately it would lead to a similar situation to where darts is. But so be it

I realise you were somewhat jesting but i just find the whole thing as another way of making the rich wealthier. Do they really need to though when they can simply take any players they want from the canon fodder clubs like us anyway?!?

So..... on 08:58 - Oct 12 with 1725 viewsSadoldgit

The so called “big clubs” want to reduce the number of games in the Premier League but are the first to jump on a plane to fly half way round the world to play lucrative friendlies. Perhaps they should change their priorities?
So..... on 09:04 - Oct 12 with 1718 viewsfranniesTache

There's never been an easier time to make a stand to be honest, about this, about PPV and about all the other sh*t we have to put up with.

In my opinion fans should organise to sort out a campaign where they all cancel their Sky Sports, BT sports etc. subscription, then go full poll tax and just openly defy the premier league by streaming a weekends games.

If you can't get fans to boycott this bullsh*t at a time when we're not even at games anyway then it's a lost cause and we deserve what we get.
So..... on 09:58 - Oct 12 with 1695 viewskingslandstand1

So..... on 14:13 - Oct 11 by Saintsforeverj

From that point of view, it is certainly good to know we are one the biggest ten clubs in the country!

We are not though. We just happen to have been long standing members of the Prem which I'm proud of, but would not be so if this proposal goes ahead

Stinks of greed and arrogance

Would like to know more though. May well listen to Rick Parry on T/Sport after 10 this morning
So..... on 10:01 - Oct 12 with 1694 viewskingslandstand1

So..... on 17:35 - Oct 11 by SalisburySaint

Fully agree even though Saints appear to get included, I’d rather the big 6 p*ss off and form a European super league and leave the rest of teams in the country to have a competitive leagues where more than normal 3 or 4 teams (Leicester a real exception which is unlikely to occur again) and give more clubs an opportunity to win the league

I'm with this. They also want to scrap the League Cup and Charity Shield! WTF!! The whole thing just stinks!
So..... on 10:23 - Oct 12 with 1670 viewsChesham_Saint

So..... on 10:01 - Oct 12 by kingslandstand1

I'm with this. They also want to scrap the League Cup and Charity Shield! WTF!! The whole thing just stinks!

Absolute shyte idea. Appalling.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

So..... on 10:29 - Oct 12 with 1668 viewssolent_toffee

So..... on 10:01 - Oct 12 by kingslandstand1

This is a spot on article.....apologies to 22 for the mail link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpo
So..... on 11:26 - Oct 12 with 1628 viewsJaySaint

Two clubs that are owned by American billionaires propose fundamental changes to a cash rich sport they've become involved in relatively recently. During a pandemic.

These changes hand future power to a "Big Six" clubs, some of whom are only members of that elite group because of an accident of timing. At the start of the PL, if you were asked to name the 6 biggest clubs in England, how many of you would have suggested City or Chelsea?

But along come an oligarch, a middle eastern oil state, and a few US capitalists, and now they're setting themselves up as the arbiters of the future of the entire sport. And some people are actually f-ing buying it.

I don't even think a European Super League is the end game. I think a more global one is. Why play a game at a 60K seat Anfield, in a relatively poor Northern city in the UK, when you could hawk the rights for Liverpool v Madrid to any super sized stadium that wanted to pay a nice fat fee for the privilege? Why lumber yourself with your own stadium at all? Who needs the overhead? Who needs the "noise" you have to deal with from the pesky locals [cheeky bastards sometimes have the gall to protest over prices!]?

Just pimp the franchises out around stadiums globally, and collect the PPV fees.

Modern football fans really do deserve modern football owners.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

So..... on 11:47 - Oct 12 with 1600 viewsButty101

So..... on 11:26 - Oct 12 by JaySaint

Two clubs that are owned by American billionaires propose fundamental changes to a cash rich sport they've become involved in relatively recently. During a pandemic.

These changes hand future power to a "Big Six" clubs, some of whom are only members of that elite group because of an accident of timing. At the start of the PL, if you were asked to name the 6 biggest clubs in England, how many of you would have suggested City or Chelsea?

But along come an oligarch, a middle eastern oil state, and a few US capitalists, and now they're setting themselves up as the arbiters of the future of the entire sport. And some people are actually f-ing buying it.

I don't even think a European Super League is the end game. I think a more global one is. Why play a game at a 60K seat Anfield, in a relatively poor Northern city in the UK, when you could hawk the rights for Liverpool v Madrid to any super sized stadium that wanted to pay a nice fat fee for the privilege? Why lumber yourself with your own stadium at all? Who needs the overhead? Who needs the "noise" you have to deal with from the pesky locals [cheeky bastards sometimes have the gall to protest over prices!]?

Just pimp the franchises out around stadiums globally, and collect the PPV fees.

Modern football fans really do deserve modern football owners.

I wonder if we are included due to our soon to be yank new owner?

So..... on 12:14 - Oct 12 with 1562 viewsdwayne_dibley

So..... on 11:47 - Oct 12 by Butty101

so Southampton would be rebranded Trumpton

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

So..... on 12:41 - Oct 12 with 1532 views1ASIN12

So..... on 11:47 - Oct 12 by Butty101

The only reason we are included is we have had the same amount of seasons in the premier league as Manchester city.
So..... on 15:47 - Oct 20 with 1320 viewsTripleNiemi

So..... on 12:41 - Oct 12 by 1ASIN12

The only reason we are included is we have had the same amount of seasons in the premier league as Manchester city.

So, a push now for a European Superleague which could include fcuking Spurs of all clubs. Still, i suppose when the new league forms they will need some whipping boys.

I cannot wait for them to all do one. The plastics will be salivating whilst the local fans will have to travel 000's of miles to watch their beloved clubs.

Fcuk them all.

So..... on 15:51 - Oct 20 with 1306 viewsSaintsforeverj

So..... on 15:47 - Oct 20 by TripleNiemi

So, a push now for a European Superleague which could include fcuking Spurs of all clubs. Still, i suppose when the new league forms they will need some whipping boys.

I cannot wait for them to all do one. The plastics will be salivating whilst the local fans will have to travel 000's of miles to watch their beloved clubs.

Fcuk them all.

Just nauseating isn't it. Greedy clubs, greedy players, with a load of glory hunting plastic fans. They join this super league because they think they are so much better than anyone else. How anybody likes any of these arrogant clubs, is totally beyond me. I agree, they can do one.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 15:53]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024