Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! 08:50 - Oct 13 with 820 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53091/hasenhuttl-praises

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 08:55 - Oct 13 with 810 viewswemarch

Don't agree he should be offered a new contract. He just don't have that edge to play aggressively and I don't see he can pass ball properly forward. Often made crucial errors conceding goals.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:30 - Oct 13 with 782 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 08:55 - Oct 13 by wemarch

Don't agree he should be offered a new contract. He just don't have that edge to play aggressively and I don't see he can pass ball properly forward. Often made crucial errors conceding goals.

I would disagree, i concede that he has been sloppy sometimes at set pieces, but if he gives the ball away in the opponents half it doesn't neccessarily mean he should be blamed if we concede a goal.

As a defensive midfield player his main job in Ralph's formation isn't to pass the ball forward it is to win it and get it wide to the wingers or to JWP who can pass a ball.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:41 - Oct 13 with 774 viewsIanSouthstander

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 08:55 - Oct 13 by wemarch

Not aggressive enough . Are we talking about the same player. !!
I would reward him with a new contract. There's no guarantee that the new fella will work out, although we all hope he will.
I'd probably start with the new fella and have Oriol on the bench.
Can't believe he didn't have any suspensions last term, as refs seem to be less tolerant of him than others.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:59 - Oct 13 with 758 viewsSonicBoom

I do't think he sets the world alight but it seems silly not to give him a contract. He has proven he can perform in the first team and to replace him would take at least ten million if not more.
He's been happy with his role to date so no doubt would be happy going forwards to play when he can. He would also help the new guy Diallo to get up to speed.
For the money it would cost it's a no brainer.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:59 - Oct 13 with 758 viewsSadoldgit

He has been a terrific buy for us and I hope he stays. Diallo came on for the last 15 minutes for the French under 21s last night and got booked so looks like he is cut from the same cloth!
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 10:47 - Oct 13 with 726 viewswemarch

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:30 - Oct 13 by SaintNick

I would disagree, i concede that he has been sloppy sometimes at set pieces, but if he gives the ball away in the opponents half it doesn't neccessarily mean he should be blamed if we concede a goal.

As a defensive midfield player his main job in Ralph's formation isn't to pass the ball forward it is to win it and get it wide to the wingers or to JWP who can pass a ball.

Saints is heading towards quality of play, looking at the guys we bought this summer will be an indication we need to bring players up a level or two to play on the pitch. He just doesn't have that quality. We did? smart business this summer because our game can update level with min investment, if we were to replace him, a loan deal with someone who had experience and quality will be better than him.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 10:54 - Oct 13 with 716 viewswemarch

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:30 - Oct 13 by SaintNick

He made 2 key error passes in our own half in the opening 2 games which led to losing those 2 games dude. I felt very nervous every time he holds a ball as he doesn't know what to do next and often leads to back pass or error. This stops our game rhythms and we can not counter attack or play with speed. The ball just stopped at him or missed key opportunity when the ball reaches him.
Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 09:17 - Oct 14 with 517 viewsPoirot

As a sub player thats his worth, we need a fresh dynamic starting midfield, not the same old faces making the same mistakes.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Praises Oriol Romeu But No News Of A New Contract ! on 15:38 - Oct 14 with 459 viewsTimSaint

I feel he should be given a 2 year extension.

Despite his weaknesses (lacks pace, gives it away, silly fouls around the edge of the box, prone to yellows), he has shown since restart and in parts this season, that he still has something to offer Saints. He is solid enough and appears happy enough to play or be on the bench.

The £5m we paid for him was a good price and it would cost much more than that to replace him.

The 2 year extension would tide us over whilst the likes of Smallbone and Diallo bed into the first team squad and take over the central / holding roles in midfield.

Win Win

Then perhaps after that, he will leave these shores for a sunnier climate and move back to Spain.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024