Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry McGuire. 20:44 - Oct 14 with 2919 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Reminds me so much of an expensive Paul Butler.

Whilst we continue to play him in the England team we will win nothing!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Harry McGuire. on 20:48 - Oct 14 with 2901 viewsSuddenLad

The lad needs a rest. Didn't deserve a red card, but when things are going against you, the sh!t keeps coming.

I hope the media don't increase his agony.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Harry McGuire. on 21:07 - Oct 14 with 2833 viewsboromat

Harry McGuire. on 20:48 - Oct 14 by SuddenLad

The lad needs a rest. Didn't deserve a red card, but when things are going against you, the sh!t keeps coming.

Agree. In hindsight probably should have been left out of the England squad again this time. Or in the squad but left out of the team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harry McGuire. on 05:09 - Oct 15 with 2657 viewsSandyman

Whatever the media circumstances, plain to see McGuire isn't good enough for England. Paul Butler at his best game would be much better for the national side.
Harry McGuire. on 08:12 - Oct 15 with 2579 viewsjudd

Harry McGuire. on 05:09 - Oct 15 by Sandyman

Whatever the media circumstances, plain to see McGuire isn't good enough for England. Paul Butler at his best game would be much better for the national side.

Yes, he is not good enough for England. He is Manu standard.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Harry McGuire. on 08:15 - Oct 15 with 2573 viewsrochdaleriddler

Could have been straight red for the first one

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Harry McGuire. on 10:04 - Oct 15 with 2421 viewsD_Alien

Talk about kick a man when he's down

(Yeah, yeah, he did some kicking last night)

Maguire was plenty good enough when we made the World Cup semis, and has shown outstanding form for much of the time since

We all know what's causing his current fall from that place; seeking to defend his sister from attack in a foreign land

Have a go if you must, he's an easy target right now

Would I have picked him last night? No. But I hope he can recover from this and restore his form in due course

[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harry McGuire. on 10:10 - Oct 15 with 2405 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I disagree, it was awful defending and as RR said he could have gone for the first one.
Media and personal life aside, I’m always surprised at how immobile and slow he can be. He’s similar to Eric Dier at Spurs. Big and clunky. I’m not sure that you can be that slow and be at the top of the modern game anymore.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Harry McGuire. on 10:21 - Oct 15 with 2390 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Harry McGuire. on 10:04 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

Maguire was plenty good enough when we made the World Cup semis, and has shown outstanding form for much of the time since

We all know what's causing his current fall from that place; seeking to defend his sister from attack in a foreign land

Would I have picked him last night? No. But I hope he can recover from this and restore his form in due course

As much as I enjoyed England’s trip to the semis a few years back, a bit of perspective is required. We didn’t play what you would call a ‘good’ team until we got to the semis and when we did the usual failings came flooding back.
As most United fans would testify, he’s done ok but I’m not sure he’s been outstanding.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry McGuire. on 10:25 - Oct 15 with 2380 viewsfitzochris

Harry McGuire. on 10:21 - Oct 15 by BigDaveMyCock

As much as I enjoyed England’s trip to the semis a few years back, a bit of perspective is required. We didn’t play what you would call a ‘good’ team until we got to the semis and when we did the usual failings came flooding back.
As most United fans would testify, he’s done ok but I’m not sure he’s been outstanding.

Actually, we did - we met Belgium in the group stages and duly lost!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:26]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Harry McGuire. on 10:51 - Oct 15 with 2337 viewsHopwoodblue

As it always seems when shove comes to push every manager seems to freeze when it comes to putting so called flare players on the pitch. Denmark were well organised defensively in both games.They were never going to play an attacking game but we need to field players who will cause teams problems. I know we had players missing last night but the likes of Grealish running at their defence would have been the last thing they wanted. It would have created space and drawn fouls which would have created opportunities for us. I would have also started both Calvert Lewin and Kane and got balls into them. Also the fact that we cannot seem to find a someone good enough who’s left sided amazes me you would think we could find three or four that could do a job even if it’s not on a regular basis. If have to say it was disappointing last night even before the sending off.
I think the team selection caused that.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Harry McGuire. on 10:57 - Oct 15 with 2330 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Harry McGuire. on 10:25 - Oct 15 by fitzochris

Actually, we did - we met Belgium in the group stages and duly lost!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:26]

I remember now, and those same failings returned. Again, just not good enough against better (or even on par) opposition.

Harry McGuire. on 11:20 - Oct 15 with 2291 viewsnordenblue

Harry McGuire. on 10:51 - Oct 15 by Hopwoodblue

As it always seems when shove comes to push every manager seems to freeze when it comes to putting so called flare players on the pitch. Denmark were well organised defensively in both games.They were never going to play an attacking game but we need to field players who will cause teams problems. I know we had players missing last night but the likes of Grealish running at their defence would have been the last thing they wanted. It would have created space and drawn fouls which would have created opportunities for us. I would have also started both Calvert Lewin and Kane and got balls into them. Also the fact that we cannot seem to find a someone good enough who’s left sided amazes me you would think we could find three or four that could do a job even if it’s not on a regular basis. If have to say it was disappointing last night even before the sending off.
I think the team selection caused that.

I don't get the sudden big love in for Grealish,yes he's got talent without doubt,I just think from a formation point of view he is sometimes too much of a flair player,regularly holds on to the ball far too long also for my liking.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:13]
Harry McGuire. on 11:27 - Oct 15 with 2278 viewsrochdaleriddler

I agree about the media pundits attacking him, it’s just bullying, and will no doubt be affecting his mental health. He hasn’t just become a bad player, but we don’t know the full story about what happened in Greece , the sister claims seem a bit dodgy to me. He does need resting for a bit, for his own well being

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Harry McGuire. on 12:05 - Oct 15 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Harry McGuire. on 10:21 - Oct 15 by BigDaveMyCock

I get your point about who we played, but my post wasn't lacking perspective

The media (and fans) love building players up and Maguire performed well; but they love knocking them down again even more, and some of the posts in this thread exemplify that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harry McGuire. on 12:21 - Oct 15 with 2161 viewsAtThePeake

Harry McGuire. on 11:20 - Oct 15 by nordenblue

I don't get the sudden big love in for Grealish,yes he's got talent without doubt,I just think from a formation point of view he is sometimes too much of a flair player,regularly holds on to the ball far too long also for my liking.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:13]

I find it remarkable that Southgate spoke for ages about England "not playing with a number 10" as justification for not including the likes of Maddison and Grealish in his squad - but then vs Wales he played Danny Ings wide right. If we are all of a sudden willing to play players out of positions, then surely Grealish and Maddison could have done a job on either side of a front three, given that they've both played there quite a few times for their clubs?

Didn't catch the game last night but the fact that Ainsley Maitland-Niles is good enough to start tells me that we are a long, long way from being one of the top international sides.

Tangled up in blue.

Harry McGuire. on 15:43 - Oct 15 with 2003 viewsShun

Agree there. He's a very good defender who's plainly drastically out of form at the moment. He improved both England's and United's defence no end when he was first introduced (United had the 3rd best defence last season, conceding only 3 more than the top defence - Liverpool).

It's clear what's affecting him is a mental problem rather than simply being out of form. Whether having your play affected so much by something like that qualifies him to be a top player is another debate. Nevertheless the idea that he's suddenly a poor defender is absurd.

He needs a rest. It won't happen though as he's the media's number one target and it's fun to laugh at his downfall. Apparently.
Harry McGuire. on 20:03 - Oct 15 with 1809 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Harry McGuire. on 15:43 - Oct 15 by Shun

Agree there. He's a very good defender who's plainly drastically out of form at the moment. He improved both England's and United's defence no end when he was first introduced (United had the 3rd best defence last season, conceding only 3 more than the top defence - Liverpool).

It's clear what's affecting him is a mental problem rather than simply being out of form. Whether having your play affected so much by something like that qualifies him to be a top player is another debate. Nevertheless the idea that he's suddenly a poor defender is absurd.

He needs a rest. It won't happen though as he's the media's number one target and it's fun to laugh at his downfall. Apparently.

A mental problem does not give you the turning speed of an oil tanker, which is generous to him. His apparent inability to read the game and his stupid mistakes and poor judgment you could put down to mental issues maybe.

He is a decent player but against any form of pace or flair he will get ripped apart, unless he has someone next to him able to cover his errors. At our level Reeves was amazing next to Butler, they just worked, Rio at his best would have been ideal.

If he has issues mentally then he needs resting, but he has to a point brought them on himself, even if you believe the paper stories which I don’t. If he can afford 60k plus on a bar bill he can afford adequate security, or just don’t go on holiday there, Ferguson would not have let him.

I hope Cody gets a real run as he looks the real deal, maybe Declan rice as well but not sure he is ready, but playing a very very bad version of Butcher/Adams/Terry won’t get us anywhere

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Harry McGuire. on 05:00 - Oct 16 with 1631 viewsDiddyDave

Poor chap must have a lot on his mind,like how he`s going to spend his nine hundred grand a month. Must be worrying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024