Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals 18:28 - Oct 15 with 14669 viewsPoirot

If 'parents' cant afford to feed their kids they shouldnt have them in the first place.

Where's daddy ? bookies, pub or banged up again ?

Its child neglect if you cant feed your kids, so turn off netflix, sky sports, buying endless tattooes and actually get a job. I do some work at schools and see teachers feeding pupils their breakfast because parents havent. Total disgrace

Mornington crescent
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 20:54]
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:03 - Oct 26 with 898 viewsgrumpy

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 17:42 - Oct 26 by Chesham_Saint

Now, now Sogs, you know that’s bending the truth. The blue print for the original NHS was drafted by a Tory and would have come about no matter which party was in power.

Similar, in a way to the ground work Major did on the Good Friday agreement for Mowlem to carry through to fruition.

The 1944 white paper was different in some important ways to the NHS we got in 1948.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:25 - Oct 26 with 881 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:03 - Oct 26 by grumpy

The 1944 white paper was different in some important ways to the NHS we got in 1948.

Blue prints change. In any event it’s the principle. It might be inconvenient but we know it’s broadLy true.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:28 - Oct 26 with 880 viewsgrumpy

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:25 - Oct 26 by Chesham_Saint

Blue prints change. In any event it’s the principle. It might be inconvenient but we know it’s broadLy true.

Some of those 'Blue Prints' were very important ones,Chesham.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:27 - Oct 26 with 857 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:01 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Excellent post. I have been through the slums of India, where I have seen what you might call real poverty and genuinely starving kids in the slums. I'm sure we have plenty of unfortunate kids who are in difficult situations. But you sum it up - when me and wife had some tough times, the first thought was looking after the kids. The car went, we didn't have phones then, the holidays stopped, the treats stopped, just to put food on the table.

Like I said earlier, the kids all have mobiles don't they nowadays, then they say they are starving. Can't feed your own kids, when you get child benefit for that very purpose? Can't afford £2 per week, yet 95 per cent of the country has mobile phones and flat screen tv's. Do me a favour. They should visit slums in India and they will see real poverty, where kids work to feed themselves. They will also learn to prioritise and that computer consoles, phones and tv's don't exist in the slums.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 18:04]

I've seen the slums in india, the favela's in brazil and Venezuela, i've seen the poverty in the eastern bloc (when it still was the eastern bloc) and the projects in the states. I've also seen the poverty in my own home city, in st mary's, bevois valley and northam.

I've lived off benefits and painfully low wages myself, and now earn a salary that puts me in the top percentage of the country.

I find all poverty disgusting, i don't care if it's the true utter poverty of india or brazil, or the relative poverty you see in a rich country like england or america.

I also know that people like me don't pay enough taxes to help those that need help, if we can afford trident and consultancy fees at companies to develop a track and trace app we can afford to subsidise school meals for the poorest in our own country.

I'd imagine nearly everyone on this message board is probably only a few paychecks from being in real financial trouble themselves, how many could afford to lose their jobs and still pay rent and mortgage after three months?

You say give up your mobile phones, but you need them for work more often than not and right now you need them to speak to your doctor, you say give up your computer but then you have to pay more for goods as they're cheaper online, or you miss out on jobs that aren't advertised anywhere else (or gone by the time you see them) and your kids can't study remotely if schools shut down. You say sell your car but how do you get to work?

Sky and other things are expendable, but they're also comforting and good for you, i think well played to the people that forgo food for themselves to feed their children, but really do we have to live in a world where a human being has to make that choice in 2020?

One of things that i'm the most proud about when it comes to this country is the way we look after each other when the chips are down, that's a British trait right? When the world goes to shit we pull together. Honestly i hope we can remember that, because we're becoming a nasty little country right now and that's not the country i'm proud of.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:31 - Oct 26 with 853 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:27 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

I've seen the slums in india, the favela's in brazil and Venezuela, i've seen the poverty in the eastern bloc (when it still was the eastern bloc) and the projects in the states. I've also seen the poverty in my own home city, in st mary's, bevois valley and northam.

I've lived off benefits and painfully low wages myself, and now earn a salary that puts me in the top percentage of the country.

I find all poverty disgusting, i don't care if it's the true utter poverty of india or brazil, or the relative poverty you see in a rich country like england or america.

I also know that people like me don't pay enough taxes to help those that need help, if we can afford trident and consultancy fees at companies to develop a track and trace app we can afford to subsidise school meals for the poorest in our own country.

I'd imagine nearly everyone on this message board is probably only a few paychecks from being in real financial trouble themselves, how many could afford to lose their jobs and still pay rent and mortgage after three months?

You say give up your mobile phones, but you need them for work more often than not and right now you need them to speak to your doctor, you say give up your computer but then you have to pay more for goods as they're cheaper online, or you miss out on jobs that aren't advertised anywhere else (or gone by the time you see them) and your kids can't study remotely if schools shut down. You say sell your car but how do you get to work?

Sky and other things are expendable, but they're also comforting and good for you, i think well played to the people that forgo food for themselves to feed their children, but really do we have to live in a world where a human being has to make that choice in 2020?

One of things that i'm the most proud about when it comes to this country is the way we look after each other when the chips are down, that's a British trait right? When the world goes to shit we pull together. Honestly i hope we can remember that, because we're becoming a nasty little country right now and that's not the country i'm proud of.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrSpock_MGBGA/status/1320731963674796034

I'm sorry but does this family look starving? This is one of those chosen for BBC news to show how starving families are. Watch Meridian tonight, download it. The family on there has 4 kids and a baby on the way. Do you not think irresponsible people should be more responsible? You are happy to give your taxes to people who have 5 kids, then say they are hungry?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:37 - Oct 26 with 846 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:31 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrSpock_MGBGA/status/1320731963674796034

I'm sorry but does this family look starving? This is one of those chosen for BBC news to show how starving families are. Watch Meridian tonight, download it. The family on there has 4 kids and a baby on the way. Do you not think irresponsible people should be more responsible? You are happy to give your taxes to people who have 5 kids, then say they are hungry?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:36]

I didn't say starving did i? i said relatively poor, the amount of people we have in this country using foodbanks or homeless is a disgrace.

In 2020 Britain the word foodbank shouldn't even exist, it doesn't need to, and there should be no homelessness either, Finland have proven that you can effectively eradicate it.

I really don't see how these are even bones of contention really. We're a rich country, there's literally no need for any of this stuff to exist and if we wanted to get rid of it we could.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/homelessness-finland-housing-first_n_5c50
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 842 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:37 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

I didn't say starving did i? i said relatively poor, the amount of people we have in this country using foodbanks or homeless is a disgrace.

In 2020 Britain the word foodbank shouldn't even exist, it doesn't need to, and there should be no homelessness either, Finland have proven that you can effectively eradicate it.

I really don't see how these are even bones of contention really. We're a rich country, there's literally no need for any of this stuff to exist and if we wanted to get rid of it we could.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/homelessness-finland-housing-first_n_5c50

Homelessness is a different matter. I agree with you that in a civilised society, we really shouldn't have people living on the street. But I don't think we should be paying parents across the nation to feed their children. They already get child benefit for that. And they shouldn't have 4 kids if they can't afford them. That is what it's for. I can tell you now, I would give up my phone, laptop, car and take the bus, whatever, if it meant I could feed my kids. I wouldn't sit there on my laptop with the car in the drive saying help feed my kids, watching them starve whilst I play games on my phone.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:46]

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:45 - Oct 26 with 833 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:41 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Homelessness is a different matter. I agree with you that in a civilised society, we really shouldn't have people living on the street. But I don't think we should be paying parents across the nation to feed their children. They already get child benefit for that. And they shouldn't have 4 kids if they can't afford them. That is what it's for. I can tell you now, I would give up my phone, laptop, car and take the bus, whatever, if it meant I could feed my kids. I wouldn't sit there on my laptop with the car in the drive saying help feed my kids, watching them starve whilst I play games on my phone.

Which is the right way to think, but i don't see why you should have too. There's plenty of these things in the current culture war i disagree with but i can understand both sides, but on this one i just don't get the point of saying we shouldn't do it because they already get benefits.

The vouchers can literally only been spent on food, they improve people's lives, it's a small cost in the reality of running a government, so why don't we just do it?

The argument that we shouldn't give all means tested kids fee school meals over the holiday because some people have got mobile phones just seems strange to me. Fair enough if people want to hold it as a view but i don't really get it, and i'm happy to pay more (personally) to help out.
Login to get fewer ads

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:51 - Oct 26 with 828 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:45 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

Which is the right way to think, but i don't see why you should have too. There's plenty of these things in the current culture war i disagree with but i can understand both sides, but on this one i just don't get the point of saying we shouldn't do it because they already get benefits.

The vouchers can literally only been spent on food, they improve people's lives, it's a small cost in the reality of running a government, so why don't we just do it?

The argument that we shouldn't give all means tested kids fee school meals over the holiday because some people have got mobile phones just seems strange to me. Fair enough if people want to hold it as a view but i don't really get it, and i'm happy to pay more (personally) to help out.

Yep ok. I'm the first person to buy an extra coffee and burger for the homeless person sat outside McDonald's. But I don't like giving my money away for the state to give to a large number of people taking the P (and this is the reason for my view) who choose to have a mobile phone, sky TV, car, laptop instead of feeding their kids. That I don't understand, I would give anything for my kids and would catch my own fish to put on a plate if I had to. Sitting on a laptop in a nice house saying you can't afford £2 a week for your kids seems strange to me! .
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:53]

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:00 - Oct 26 with 819 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:51 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Yep ok. I'm the first person to buy an extra coffee and burger for the homeless person sat outside McDonald's. But I don't like giving my money away for the state to give to a large number of people taking the P (and this is the reason for my view) who choose to have a mobile phone, sky TV, car, laptop instead of feeding their kids. That I don't understand, I would give anything for my kids and would catch my own fish to put on a plate if I had to. Sitting on a laptop in a nice house saying you can't afford £2 a week for your kids seems strange to me! .
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:53]

Thing is i have no doubts some people swindle the system, we've probably all done it at some point right? I mean who hasn't worked cash in hand? But i don't believe all of the people who qualify do swindle the system, so if my money helps those that need it but some people take the p*ss then i'm ok with that, because the ones taking the p*ss are a minority.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:03 - Oct 26 with 817 viewssfc1971

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/122779771_10164265786715635_365979

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:06 - Oct 26 with 814 viewsfranniesTache

I know people keep bringing up cigarettes but this would be the perfect time for the government to do something positive there, they could prescribe vapes on the NHS but the prescription would be a diminishing amount so effectively weaning people off them.

Could give people more cash, improve their health and reduce a covid risk group in one shot.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:08 - Oct 26 with 813 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:00 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

Thing is i have no doubts some people swindle the system, we've probably all done it at some point right? I mean who hasn't worked cash in hand? But i don't believe all of the people who qualify do swindle the system, so if my money helps those that need it but some people take the p*ss then i'm ok with that, because the ones taking the p*ss are a minority.

But they don't do a very good job of finding anyone in the news to demonstrate real starvation do they? One family they showed had 4 kids (in my view, don't have 4 kids if you can't afford them!). Then the other family was the well fed women I posted. Are you sure people arn't taking advantage? How much of your salary are you prepared to give? What if you give 5 per cent more ( for the government to spend on whatever they want to spend it on, you won't know) then these parents with 6 kids say they can't afford to clothe them and want even more of your money? I just think don't have loads of kids, if you can't look after them properly. And if you really are in need, don't sit in front of the nation on an expensive laptop, car in the drive saying you are desperate.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 20:13]

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:14 - Oct 26 with 803 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:08 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

But they don't do a very good job of finding anyone in the news to demonstrate real starvation do they? One family they showed had 4 kids (in my view, don't have 4 kids if you can't afford them!). Then the other family was the well fed women I posted. Are you sure people arn't taking advantage? How much of your salary are you prepared to give? What if you give 5 per cent more ( for the government to spend on whatever they want to spend it on, you won't know) then these parents with 6 kids say they can't afford to clothe them and want even more of your money? I just think don't have loads of kids, if you can't look after them properly. And if you really are in need, don't sit in front of the nation on an expensive laptop, car in the drive saying you are desperate.

Lots of bits in there i agree with to be fair, i've known people have kids just to get extra benefits back home and agree that that's not how it should work, it also sounds like the people you saw on the tv weren't the best example of where that money should be going, but again it's not them i want the money to go to, and as far as i'm aware there's no fool proof way of checking where it goes either.

As for how much more? It's a hard question, i wouldn't have an issue with paying up to 5% more in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge amount for me because of how tax works in this country.

But what i'd really like to see is a system where i could nominate how some of my tax is spent. For example you'd have a "ring fenced" percentage that gets spent on certain thing iregardless - e.g. police, nhs, forces etc. - then some you can opt in and out of, such as foreign aid, trident, HS2 etc.

Give people a choice of how their tax is spent, then make a case to the public for why they should spend it that way. In my opinion that'd make things more transparent and we'd see more projects that benefit the actual people of this country instead of vanity projects for politicians.

It'll never happen though, because politicians don't actually like or trust the public.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:22 - Oct 26 with 800 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:14 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

Lots of bits in there i agree with to be fair, i've known people have kids just to get extra benefits back home and agree that that's not how it should work, it also sounds like the people you saw on the tv weren't the best example of where that money should be going, but again it's not them i want the money to go to, and as far as i'm aware there's no fool proof way of checking where it goes either.

As for how much more? It's a hard question, i wouldn't have an issue with paying up to 5% more in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge amount for me because of how tax works in this country.

But what i'd really like to see is a system where i could nominate how some of my tax is spent. For example you'd have a "ring fenced" percentage that gets spent on certain thing iregardless - e.g. police, nhs, forces etc. - then some you can opt in and out of, such as foreign aid, trident, HS2 etc.

Give people a choice of how their tax is spent, then make a case to the public for why they should spend it that way. In my opinion that'd make things more transparent and we'd see more projects that benefit the actual people of this country instead of vanity projects for politicians.

It'll never happen though, because politicians don't actually like or trust the public.

Yep agree with that. Opt in or out of vanity projects would be good but they won't because they use the money for things they don't tell us about. But I don't trust governments with my money. They could use it for wars, the bars in Westminster, people who don't need it etc. I much prefer to decide myself, and know exactly where my money is going. As I said, the homeless person outside McDonald's gets a coffee and a burger. But I like to choose where my money goes because I don't trust the government to spend it how I would want it spent. So I prefer the low taxes government. And I see more and more, people simply taking the P, not in real need. And mostly kids in desperate need get looked after in the UK, apart from the odd trajedy or kid slipping through the net. And HS2, yeah what a complete waste of money.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 20:26]

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:24 - Oct 26 with 796 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:22 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Yep agree with that. Opt in or out of vanity projects would be good but they won't because they use the money for things they don't tell us about. But I don't trust governments with my money. They could use it for wars, the bars in Westminster, people who don't need it etc. I much prefer to decide myself, and know exactly where my money is going. As I said, the homeless person outside McDonald's gets a coffee and a burger. But I like to choose where my money goes because I don't trust the government to spend it how I would want it spent. So I prefer the low taxes government. And I see more and more, people simply taking the P, not in real need. And mostly kids in desperate need get looked after in the UK, apart from the odd trajedy or kid slipping through the net. And HS2, yeah what a complete waste of money.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 20:26]

Yeah fair do's mush no issue there if that's what you like, i guess that's the thing for me, shouldn't be all about this is right this is wrong, we're all too f*cking divided right now, it's ok to believe different things and you don't have to call people names if they believe in something different.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:29 - Oct 26 with 791 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:24 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

Yeah fair do's mush no issue there if that's what you like, i guess that's the thing for me, shouldn't be all about this is right this is wrong, we're all too f*cking divided right now, it's ok to believe different things and you don't have to call people names if they believe in something different.

That is the biggest problem facing our country at the moment imo. Let people say want they want to say, discuss it out, without calling people names and getting angry. But so many are afraid to offend, so many get angry at certain views and so we go around in circles.

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:32 - Oct 26 with 787 viewsfranniesTache

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:29 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

That is the biggest problem facing our country at the moment imo. Let people say want they want to say, discuss it out, without calling people names and getting angry. But so many are afraid to offend, so many get angry at certain views and so we go around in circles.

Couldn't agree more mush, i've got no problem being tribal as f*ck when it comes to football or my city, but i think it's stupid with politics, no ones ever going to think exactly the same as me, if i can't hear their views because it offends me then i'm the problem to be fair.

Old fashioned way of looking at things i know but i genuinely believe that you can believe in what you like, and even if i disagree with it i'll fight with my life for your right to do it.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:50 - Oct 26 with 775 viewskentsouthampton

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 19:41 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Perhaps we should stop paying old people the state pension, after all they only spunk it on bingo and Mediterranean cruises.
Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 760 viewsSaintsforeverj

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:50 - Oct 26 by kentsouthampton

Perhaps we should stop paying old people the state pension, after all they only spunk it on bingo and Mediterranean cruises.

Pensioners get a pension correct, when they have worked in the UK for 35 years, so we shouldn't be paying extra to feed them. They are given money for that. Same for kids. The government gives child benefit to feed them. Both pensioners and parents might choose to spend their state benefits on other things, well if they do they shouldn't expect even more.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 21:24]

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 22:26 - Oct 26 with 743 viewssfc1971

Vouchers or a food stamp scheme, also stop little local corner shops taking what is supposed to be milk tokens in exchange for Fags, booze and other crap. Child benefit is paid to feed kids so should be used for that or to top up gas and electric. Some don't think twice about spunking a fortnights child benefit on a bottle of voddy, a bag of weed a pizza and Netflix while the kids are roaming the streets in rags with little more than a bag of crisps because the School has fed them the one free hot meal a day they get. And then when the said kids are on holidays from School they are sat in their £100 Nike trainers and tracksuits complaining they can`t afford to feed the 6 little Jonnies they have spawned. Truth is if they never had the 6 little Jonnies they would have to get off their bone idle backsides find a job and support themselves NOT expect the kids to do it for them!!

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 08:15 - Oct 27 with 692 viewsdwayne_dibley

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 18:01 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

Excellent post. I have been through the slums of India, where I have seen what you might call real poverty and genuinely starving kids in the slums. I'm sure we have plenty of unfortunate kids who are in difficult situations. But you sum it up - when me and wife had some tough times, the first thought was looking after the kids. The car went, we didn't have phones then, the holidays stopped, the treats stopped, just to put food on the table.

Like I said earlier, the kids all have mobiles don't they nowadays, then they say they are starving. Can't feed your own kids, when you get child benefit for that very purpose? Can't afford £2 per week, yet 95 per cent of the country has mobile phones and flat screen tv's. Do me a favour. They should visit slums in India and they will see real poverty, where kids work to feed themselves. They will also learn to prioritise and that computer consoles, phones and tv's don't exist in the slums.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 18:04]

so very true

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 08:26 - Oct 27 with 688 viewspjt50

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 20:08 - Oct 26 by Saintsforeverj

You can argue all you like about the irresponsibility of parents having kids they can't afford but you can't punish the kids for that. Any safety net is going to be open to some abuse. (Just look at the eye-watering fraud in the government's Covid-19 business loan scheme.) Personally I'd rather a few people play the system than see kids go hungry.

The rich and entitled are very happy for us to vent our anger on “illegal immigrants”, “benefit scroungers” and the “workshy”. It diverts attention from the real injustice, which is the enormous inequality that exists in our society.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 09:00 - Oct 27 with 677 viewsJaySaint

child obesity solved then. good news

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 10:19 - Oct 27 with 655 viewsBazza

Taxpayers Shouldnt Be Paying for Kiddie Meals on 08:26 - Oct 27 by pjt50

You can argue all you like about the irresponsibility of parents having kids they can't afford but you can't punish the kids for that. Any safety net is going to be open to some abuse. (Just look at the eye-watering fraud in the government's Covid-19 business loan scheme.) Personally I'd rather a few people play the system than see kids go hungry.

The rich and entitled are very happy for us to vent our anger on “illegal immigrants”, “benefit scroungers” and the “workshy”. It diverts attention from the real injustice, which is the enormous inequality that exists in our society.

All kids going hungry have parents that are playing the system, feckless or fraudulent. Benefits include amount for food. Food banks are run by very decent folk but only really essential folks in difficulty who are waiting for their first benefits money. All others using food banks are shameless parasites.
All the non Tory politicians are playing politics and the rebel Tories are posturing to their voters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024