Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown 09:45 - Oct 16 with 1358 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53111/saints-reveal-fina

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:59 - Oct 17 with 202 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 15:33 - Oct 16 by Saintsforeverj

What we need to do is realise that many people (fans) are losing their jobs and livelihoods. They can't spend in the shop to save SFC, at the expense of paying the mortgage or feeding the kids, during a time when a severe recession is on the way, with record levels of unemployment. So unemployed people need to talk about "how to save football", whilst millionaire players do nothing to help? Rediculous.

Quite the opposite, we don't need to stop to talking about players taking a pay cut, we need to pressurise the millionaire non essential workers to take a pay cut in a national emergency to save football. Fans losing their jobs can't help can they? Bite the bullet, say it how it is - Greedy, selfish players (along with greedy clubs, spending millions on players) refusing to help. They want the fan that can't feed their kids to do it and you seem to agree that the destitute fan should help and not the millionaire non essential worker player who needs a new pair of gold headphones.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:39]

I'm afraid he's right Nick. The club know that we will renew our STs no matter the cost. The club did do their bit and are paying us back when we don't go to games, but similarly I have had liads of concerts cancelled but get my money back cos I can't go. Do we get a bucket out for them?
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 156 viewsBerber

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:55 - Oct 16 by Butty101

This i dont agree with
"If the fans step up to the plate and ensure clubs survive then there power has changed within the game, clubs will realise they cannot just charge what they want for things, that they have to listen to the fans."

More like if the fans step up now, then clubs will know that they can take the piss even more!

Yep, the same way that the PL, BT and Sky are taking the urine asking for £15 a pop to watch games live on TV. This is all about getting the max from PPV in the long term. The more people who pay this, the less reason SKY and BT have for dropping prices for Live Sport channels.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024