Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Pickford 09:57 - Oct 19 with 2580 viewsSaintNick

I know some are delighted by his challenge on Van Dijk, but I have to say the man is a danger to other players, remember what he did to Danny Ings a couple of years ago.

In some respects the way he flies in feet first with no concerns about who he may injure is cowardly, as a keeper he should be using his hands not his feet, but he prefers to hurt others than risk hurting himself.

Before anyone starts this is not a Liverpool thing, I said the same thing two years ago and nothing since has changed my mind, he should have been sent off against us two years ago he should have been sent off on Saturday and several other incidents for both club and country inbetween.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jordan Pickford on 15:07 - Oct 19 with 1051 viewsericofarabia

There are other instances pf Pickford having rushes of blood to the head and doing stupid things not all neccessarily dangerous, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally.

re the last part of the sentence .... I thought that was a part of a Glovesman's Job Description and Requirements!!

Do I get Bonus Points for the use of Glovesman?
Jordan Pickford on 15:16 - Oct 19 with 1045 viewsSaintNick

Jordan Pickford on 15:07 - Oct 19 by ericofarabia

There are other instances pf Pickford having rushes of blood to the head and doing stupid things not all neccessarily dangerous, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally.

re the last part of the sentence .... I thought that was a part of a Glovesman's Job Description and Requirements!!

Do I get Bonus Points for the use of Glovesman?

You get bonus's for cutting out the "Mittleman" getting straight to Glovesman otherwise it would be a paw effort

Jordan Pickford on 15:23 - Oct 19 with 1038 views1ASIN12

Jordan Pickford on 10:37 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

On a human level I wouldn’t want any player to get seriously injured as it is their livelihood after all. On a more shallow, irrational football tribalism level VVD is an arrogant tosser and deserves some pain - plus it winds up those self-pitying, whinging vvankers of fans, so what’s not to like?

You’re right about Pickford though - he needs banning.

100% agree.

It could not have happened to “ nicer “ player and “ nicer “ club .

Both the club and the player deserve it in my opinion.

Any other player and I would feel sympathy for them .

Would there have been as much outcry if it was Vestergaard ?

As for Pickford he is a danger to others, his style of keeping is to spread himself as wide as possible - even more so on a one on one like the other day .
Jordan Pickford on 15:57 - Oct 19 with 1017 viewsNewdawn2014

I hate the way he behaved before he left Saints and I don`t like to think Pickford did it deliberately but the outpouring of grief is overkill, next " Van Dyke the man the myth the injury " starring Joe Pasquale as Virgil and Robert De Nero as Jordan Pickford.
Jordan Pickford on 16:29 - Oct 19 with 991 viewsKennington

Top player, but clearly the way he left was dreadful and completely airbrushed from premier league history by Liverpool, Sky etc. Definitely don’t want to see any player injured like that and hopefully he’ll be back to his best and at Barcelona or Real Madrid while the micks slip back to their usual 4th-6th place,

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Jordan Pickford on 10:12 - Oct 20 with 874 viewsstmichael

Totally agree
And with the exception of Vardy celebrating a players injury is quite sick..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Jordan Pickford on 10:59 - Oct 20 with 858 viewsHeisenberg

If challenges like Pickfords are not going to be punished then careful what you wish for. Had it been on Ings it would have ended his career. It was a disgraceful challenge by a completely overrated keeper.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Jordan Pickford on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 859 viewsdirk_doone

Jordan Pickford on 16:29 - Oct 19 by Kennington

Top player, but clearly the way he left was dreadful and completely airbrushed from premier league history by Liverpool, Sky etc. Definitely don’t want to see any player injured like that and hopefully he’ll be back to his best and at Barcelona or Real Madrid while the micks slip back to their usual 4th-6th place,

Van Dijk was fully aware that Kat and Les wanted to sell him to Liverpool in the summer. But, then Gao insisted the sale had to be delayed until after he had taken over. We got the usual PR bullsh!t from Old Les about it, which most fans lapped up as usual.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Pickford on 13:15 - Oct 20 with 819 viewsKennington

Jordan Pickford on 11:00 - Oct 20 by dirk_doone

Van Dijk was fully aware that Kat and Les wanted to sell him to Liverpool in the summer. But, then Gao insisted the sale had to be delayed until after he had taken over. We got the usual PR bullsh!t from Old Les about it, which most fans lapped up as usual.

I have no idea if that’s true or not. Either way, his exit was poorly handled and he’s rightly disliked by any right minded saints fan.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Jordan Pickford on 13:17 - Oct 20 with 818 viewsSaintNick

Jordan Pickford on 11:00 - Oct 20 by dirk_doone

That is a cynical view, Saints refused to sell to Liverpool as the fans were demanding and the player sulked, next you will be saying that Jose Fonte was desperate to stay at Saints and was forced out by Les Reed

Jordan Pickford on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 725 viewsJaySaint

Anyone else bored of turning on the sports channels, on the radio or on social media, and hearing about VvD?

You could have mistaken him for being dead they way some are going on.

The incident was a bad tackle....it happens

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Jordan Pickford on 08:26 - Oct 21 with 665 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 21:47 - Oct 20 by JaySaint

Anyone else bored of turning on the sports channels, on the radio or on social media, and hearing about VvD?

You could have mistaken him for being dead they way some are going on.

The incident was a bad tackle....it happens

Have you not signed the book of condolences yet?
Jordan Pickford on 11:51 - Oct 21 with 616 viewsChesham_Saint

Jordan Pickford on 08:26 - Oct 21 by solent_toffee

Have you not signed the book of condolences yet?

Sod that, when’s the Vigil For Virgil and the Dutch Lives Matter march being held?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jordan Pickford on 12:02 - Oct 21 with 608 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 11:51 - Oct 21 by Chesham_Saint

Sod that, when’s the Vigil For Virgil and the Dutch Lives Matter march being held?

Believe it or not there was a March on Tuesday night. The condolence thing isn’t a wind up either, the Liverpool Echo started one the other day.
Jordan Pickford on 12:05 - Oct 21 with 605 viewsJaySaint

Jordan Pickford on 12:02 - Oct 21 by solent_toffee

Believe it or not there was a March on Tuesday night. The condolence thing isn’t a wind up either, the Liverpool Echo started one the other day.

I have read many comments (some from actual journo's) that VvD is the greatest ever CB to play in England

why do liverpool fans do this? why is everything they do the 'best', 'special', 'amazing' and is as if the rest of us should be grateful for it and them

Jordan Pickford on 12:16 - Oct 21 with 599 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 12:05 - Oct 21 by JaySaint

I have read many comments (some from actual journo's) that VvD is the greatest ever CB to play in England

why do liverpool fans do this? why is everything they do the 'best', 'special', 'amazing' and is as if the rest of us should be grateful for it and them

The last few days have highlighted, if needed, that they are special.

When they talk about ‘This means more’ I genuinely think that millions of them believe this. A Saints season ticket holder who goes home and away, who are you to question Dave from the Home Counties or Timmy from Indonesia. Despite never stepping foot on Merseyside, it means more and we are meant to bow down to their superiority.

Get on this women......

https://mobile.twitter.com/5livesport/status/1317924991720214528
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:20]
Jordan Pickford on 12:23 - Oct 21 with 593 viewsJaySaint

Jordan Pickford on 12:16 - Oct 21 by solent_toffee

The last few days have highlighted, if needed, that they are special.

When they talk about ‘This means more’ I genuinely think that millions of them believe this. A Saints season ticket holder who goes home and away, who are you to question Dave from the Home Counties or Timmy from Indonesia. Despite never stepping foot on Merseyside, it means more and we are meant to bow down to their superiority.

Get on this women......

https://mobile.twitter.com/5livesport/status/1317924991720214528
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:20]

We just dont get it do we. They are so specially special.
Our Stevie, Our Virgil, Our Bobby, Our Mo, Our Trent, Our Sadio, Our Carrah.

We should just marvel at how grateful we are that Liverpool FC exist and we need to have an govt enquiry on the mental health impact of VvD getting injured.

of course, this is just part of the game...
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:24]

Jordan Pickford on 13:42 - Oct 21 with 564 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 12:23 - Oct 21 by JaySaint

We just dont get it do we. They are so specially special.
Our Stevie, Our Virgil, Our Bobby, Our Mo, Our Trent, Our Sadio, Our Carrah.

We should just marvel at how grateful we are that Liverpool FC exist and we need to have an govt enquiry on the mental health impact of VvD getting injured.

of course, this is just part of the game...
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:24]

Twitter is a really strange place isn’t it? I try to avoid it like the plague.

As for the mental health of Liverpool ‘fans’, I do think that they attract a certain type with something missing in their lives and LFC fill that void, hence all this quite frankly weirdness.

My nephew is a red and a season ticket holder. He cringes about a lot of their support and can’t get his head around it. I feel sorry for him as he can never go the game with his mates because none of them can get tickets and he’s surrounded by tourists every game.
Jordan Pickford on 14:43 - Oct 21 with 546 viewsBerber

Jordan Pickford on 10:46 - Oct 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It was a very clumsy challenge and he's put a player out of action for a while, so I agree that a retrospective ban of 3 games and a fine, is fair.

Anything more would be ridiculous.

It was more than clumsy. He was travelling forwards with his feet apart, and didn't stay on his feet. If he was an outfield player, he would have been sent off for a "scissor tackle.' There is no doubt that he mis-judged the situation, but that is no excuse. Goalkeepers already receive too much protection in physical situations without allowing them to behave dangerously as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024