Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New POTUS? 23:52 - Oct 22 with 8863 viewsSadoldgit

So.....not long to go until we either get either a new or same old POTUS. Maybe it is the pessimist in me but I have a horrible feeling that the Orange Narcissist (no, I’m not a fan) is going to get another 4 years. What do you all think!
The New POTUS? on 17:39 - Nov 5 with 915 viewsSadoldgit

The New POTUS? on 15:56 - Nov 5 by Bison

You belittle nearly 50% of voting Americans by that yet you do not question an organisation that wants Sharia law where you can't vote at all and have to abide by the words of an 8th century goat herder.

Do you get why you get so much stick ?

I think you will find that I am not alone in belittling anyone who thinks that Trump is someone worthy of being elected POTUS. As for Sharia Law, I don’t care for any form of extremism and I think you will find a great many Muslims don’t support extremism either.
The New POTUS? on 17:50 - Nov 5 with 908 viewsBison

The New POTUS? on 17:39 - Nov 5 by Sadoldgit

I think you will find that I am not alone in belittling anyone who thinks that Trump is someone worthy of being elected POTUS. As for Sharia Law, I don’t care for any form of extremism and I think you will find a great many Muslims don’t support extremism either.

I don't want to get too deep mate but democracy is a system , religion is a cancer even S22 agrees when he's not trolling. There you go I went too deep !

Name a democratic Muslim country , bear in mind I'm an atheist so don't say 'well what about Christian countries '

You are a PC sheep . Not Halal I hope.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

The New POTUS? on 18:08 - Nov 5 with 883 viewsSadoldgit

This thread is about the US presidential election Bison. I’m not sure what Muslims or Sharia Law have to do with it. If you want to talk about democracy, we could talk about why someone who polls 3 million less votes than their rival ended up in the White House. So much for the will of the people.
The New POTUS? on 18:09 - Nov 5 with 881 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 17:50 - Nov 5 by Bison

I don't want to get too deep mate but democracy is a system , religion is a cancer even S22 agrees when he's not trolling. There you go I went too deep !

Name a democratic Muslim country , bear in mind I'm an atheist so don't say 'well what about Christian countries '

You are a PC sheep . Not Halal I hope.

How do you get from Trump to Sharia Law?!

I'm used to a bit of whataboutery, but that was a swerve and a half.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The New POTUS? on 18:12 - Nov 5 with 881 viewsBicester_North

The New POTUS? on 17:03 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

You are referring to 'areas' within cities. I am talking about cities.

But anyway what is your specific point?

And how do you account for the town and country divide?

My point is that you chin strokingly pontificate from sunny Dorset, as if you know about whole demographics and what they think.
I don’t really know, more than likely Trump appealed to Southern/Midwest areas with lower economic prospects where jobs are harder to come by than in the big cities.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The New POTUS? on 18:15 - Nov 5 with 877 viewsBison

The New POTUS? on 18:08 - Nov 5 by Sadoldgit

This thread is about the US presidential election Bison. I’m not sure what Muslims or Sharia Law have to do with it. If you want to talk about democracy, we could talk about why someone who polls 3 million less votes than their rival ended up in the White House. So much for the will of the people.

You called the American public 'thick'

What voting system do you want them to use ?

We have one , it's different to the Americans but based on regions.

The French , the Spanish I don't know mate . You tell me the best voting system. But......

Do you agree it's good for a country to vote ? Are you just annoyed the system does not give you the answer you wanted ?

How would you have UK vote system ? I'm not sure any would give you a corbyn govt.

The New POTUS? on 18:23 - Nov 5 with 869 viewscocklebreath

The New POTUS? on 18:15 - Nov 5 by Bison

The French , the Spanish I don't know mate . You tell me the best voting system. But......

Do you agree it's good for a country to vote ? Are you just annoyed the system does not give you the answer you wanted ?

How would you have UK vote system ? I'm not sure any would give you a corbyn govt.

Most of the voting public of the USA are thick, it’s the rural areas where the squeal like a pig boys live, even in the republican states the big city’s still vote Democrat, unlike The Uk where the countryside is for the well to do in the US it’s Hicksville

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The New POTUS? on 18:26 - Nov 5 with 866 viewsBison

The New POTUS? on 18:23 - Nov 5 by cocklebreath

Most of the voting public of the USA are thick, it’s the rural areas where the squeal like a pig boys live, even in the republican states the big city’s still vote Democrat, unlike The Uk where the countryside is for the well to do in the US it’s Hicksville

I rest my case m'lord .

You have to be an educated Tory to vote.

P.S I can drive a tractor.

You from the big smoke ?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 18:28]

Login to get fewer ads

The New POTUS? on 18:37 - Nov 5 with 854 viewsBison

The New POTUS? on 18:09 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

How do you get from Trump to Sharia Law?!

I'm used to a bit of whataboutery, but that was a swerve and a half.

See my later answer , we are talking about VOTING systems .

The US v Sharia law

The US apparently is bad , get it now ?

The New POTUS? on 19:25 - Nov 5 with 828 viewsdirk_doone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

STOP THE COUNT!

He has been trying to stop the remaining votes being counted as he knows they are mostly urban and postal votes which will take Biden over the 270 figure that he needs.

They are going to have to drag Trump kicking and screaming out of the White House as he is not going to go quietly.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 19:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The New POTUS? on 19:33 - Nov 5 with 815 viewsSadoldgit

The New POTUS? on 18:15 - Nov 5 by Bison

Did I call the American public “thick”. Certainly some are but I would call them all thick.

I don’t think that the American system is good but then there is no perfect system. Proportional representation at least gives all voters a voice whereas our first past the post system does no favours to minority groups.

We don’t live in a black and white world. There are many shades of grey and those shades need to be reflected in government. Clearly if Trump had his way he would be a dictator. Johnson with his 80 seat majority is using his disproportionate power to push through changes which are not ideal in a society where millions of people don’t agree with these changes. The checks and balances are gradually being dismantled and that is not good unless you believe that governments should have even more power and even less accountability.

Everywhere I have ever lived has been a safe Tory seat so my vote is always worthless. My vote should mean something don’t you think? The votes cast should be reflected proportionally by the number of representatives in Parliament if we are to have a true government of the people for the people by the people.
The New POTUS? on 20:54 - Nov 5 with 773 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 18:12 - Nov 5 by Bicester_North

My point is that you chin strokingly pontificate from sunny Dorset, as if you know about whole demographics and what they think.
I don’t really know, more than likely Trump appealed to Southern/Midwest areas with lower economic prospects where jobs are harder to come by than in the big cities.

Look at maps. I'm not talking about Southern/Midwest areas, I'm making the pretty obvious observation that cities vote democrat and the countryside votes Trump. Look at the voting maps of most states. Red in the countryside, blue in the cities.

I expect you haven't noticed and, even if you have, don't find it interesting.

The New POTUS? on 21:02 - Nov 5 with 768 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 18:37 - Nov 5 by Bison

See my later answer , we are talking about VOTING systems .

The US v Sharia law

The US apparently is bad , get it now ?

And Sharia law is a set of laws, not a voting system.

The New POTUS? on 21:02 - Nov 5 with 767 viewsSadoldgit

You’ll love this Bison. In one of Trump’s thousands of tweets is one saying that if Biden wins the election then he, Trump, will leave the country.
The New POTUS? on 21:19 - Nov 5 with 765 viewsBicester_North

The New POTUS? on 20:54 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

Look at maps. I'm not talking about Southern/Midwest areas, I'm making the pretty obvious observation that cities vote democrat and the countryside votes Trump. Look at the voting maps of most states. Red in the countryside, blue in the cities.

I expect you haven't noticed and, even if you have, don't find it interesting.

At last count the USA urban area population is about 260 million and the rural population is about 60 million. Isn’t the vote split pretty even?

Over 80% of the US population live in urban areas

The New POTUS? on 21:26 - Nov 5 with 756 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 21:19 - Nov 5 by Bicester_North

At last count the USA urban area population is about 260 million and the rural population is about 60 million. Isn’t the vote split pretty even?

Over 80% of the US population live in urban areas

Look at the results maps. Blue in the cities. Red everywhere else. It's very clear.

And the question is why not whether.

The New POTUS? on 21:30 - Nov 5 with 756 viewsBicester_North

The New POTUS? on 21:26 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

Look at the results maps. Blue in the cities. Red everywhere else. It's very clear.

And the question is why not whether.

You thought it was because urban dwellers were more nuanced etc. But 80% of the population live in those areas, and only just over half voted for Biden?

The New POTUS? on 21:48 - Nov 5 with 736 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 21:30 - Nov 5 by Bicester_North

You thought it was because urban dwellers were more nuanced etc. But 80% of the population live in those areas, and only just over half voted for Biden?

Your maths is too simplistic.

Go to the CNN results map. Pick a state, hover your cursor over the cities and then the countryside, and see how Biden has large majorities in the cities and Trump large majorities outside the cities.

The New POTUS? on 22:30 - Nov 5 with 720 viewsBicester_North

The New POTUS? on 21:48 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

Your maths is too simplistic.

Go to the CNN results map. Pick a state, hover your cursor over the cities and then the countryside, and see how Biden has large majorities in the cities and Trump large majorities outside the cities.

About 156 million people voted.

80% of these are the people you would think are savvy urban dwellers
= approx 125 million.
20% are bumpkins-approx 31 million

Being generous say 75% of bumpkins vote for Trump = 23 milTrump, 8 mil Biden
And 65% of the nuanced urban types vote Biden= 81 million Biden, 44 million trump

That’s a difference of about 22 million votes. But according to news Biden is ahead by about 3.7 million.

What’s simplistic is your categorisation of people who live in the country vs the city.

There might be a higher percentage overall in the cities that voted Biden, and more in the country that voted Trump, but your generalisations of the way people think are crap.

Haven’t most of the big cities always voted against Republicans in recent times no matter who the leader was?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 23:06]

The New POTUS? on 23:16 - Nov 5 with 689 viewsDorsetIan

The New POTUS? on 22:30 - Nov 5 by Bicester_North

About 156 million people voted.

80% of these are the people you would think are savvy urban dwellers
= approx 125 million.
20% are bumpkins-approx 31 million

Being generous say 75% of bumpkins vote for Trump = 23 milTrump, 8 mil Biden
And 65% of the nuanced urban types vote Biden= 81 million Biden, 44 million trump

That’s a difference of about 22 million votes. But according to news Biden is ahead by about 3.7 million.

What’s simplistic is your categorisation of people who live in the country vs the city.

There might be a higher percentage overall in the cities that voted Biden, and more in the country that voted Trump, but your generalisations of the way people think are crap.

Haven’t most of the big cities always voted against Republicans in recent times no matter who the leader was?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 23:06]

It's not me playing games with percentages fella. I'm just looking at the maps.

I've no idea why you're trying to deny the bleedin' obvious or why you seem to be taking great offence at what I have said.

If there is a marked difference between voters in US cities and voters in smalltown and rural USA (which there is), then there must be a reason for that.

I think it might be to do with the mindsets of those different demographics - connected to the experience of living in a city with all the variety and nuance which that offers, as opposed to the parochialism of the alternative. How is that offensive or even controversial?

The New POTUS? on 23:28 - Nov 5 with 685 viewsBicester_North

The New POTUS? on 23:16 - Nov 5 by DorsetIan

It's not me playing games with percentages fella. I'm just looking at the maps.

I've no idea why you're trying to deny the bleedin' obvious or why you seem to be taking great offence at what I have said.

If there is a marked difference between voters in US cities and voters in smalltown and rural USA (which there is), then there must be a reason for that.

I think it might be to do with the mindsets of those different demographics - connected to the experience of living in a city with all the variety and nuance which that offers, as opposed to the parochialism of the alternative. How is that offensive or even controversial?

Your words:

“Best guess is that the simplistic, homogenous world view that Trump promotes can only make sense in the countryside. People in the cities are used to life being more varied and nuanced and are perhaps a bit more savvy in seeing though Trump's BS”

I’m not offended whatsoever, “fella” , just pointing out that you sweepingly generalised people’s thoughts and intelligence depending on whether they lived in urban or rural areas.

In fact f*clking millions of city dwellers voted for trump, and millions of country bumpkins voted for Biden, so your theory is bollocks.

“Great offence” , what, cos I disagreed with you?

The New POTUS? on 23:49 - Nov 5 with 668 viewsdirk_doone

Trump speaking now: "I've already decisively won." "I won Pennsylvania by a lot. Likewise in Georgia, I won by a lot, A LOT!"

That's it then: forget about the votes, 4 more years.

If somebody made a film about it, nobody would believe it. But, then if you look at history, there have been many maniacs in charge of countries. Trump is by no means the first.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 23:55]

The New POTUS? on 00:12 - Nov 6 with 646 viewskentsouthampton

The New POTUS? on 23:49 - Nov 5 by dirk_doone

Trump speaking now: "I've already decisively won." "I won Pennsylvania by a lot. Likewise in Georgia, I won by a lot, A LOT!"

If somebody made a film about it, nobody would believe it. But, then if you look at history, there have been many maniacs in charge of countries. Trump is by no means the first.

I can only imagine he thinks he's campaigning in Zimbabwe.
The New POTUS? on 00:16 - Nov 6 with 637 viewsdirk_doone

The New POTUS? on 00:12 - Nov 6 by kentsouthampton

I can only imagine he thinks he's campaigning in Zimbabwe.

Obviously, he is going to encourage his supporters to take to the streets with their guns but I don't think the army will follow his orders. They realize he is a maniac.

The New POTUS? on 00:19 - Nov 6 with 633 viewsBison

The New POTUS? on 23:49 - Nov 5 by dirk_doone

Trump is a looney

I really hope he has lost, he is a total madman.

If I believed in dog .... I mean god I would prey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024