Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu Now A Week Away From Fitness After Long Term Issues 09:10 - Oct 24 with 503 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53193/salisu-now-a-week-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Salisu Now A Week Away From Fitness After Long Term Issues on 09:39 - Oct 24 with 484 viewsRon11

So did he undergo a medical before signing?
Salisu Now A Week Away From Fitness After Long Term Issues on 11:34 - Oct 24 with 404 viewssaint22

You really have to wonder who is actually in control of our recruitment and transfers?
The one position we have needed to strengthen season after season and even when we sign a supposed answer they are either sh1te or unavailable
Beggars belief tbh
Salisu Now A Week Away From Fitness After Long Term Issues on 15:28 - Oct 24 with 325 viewsA1079

Salisu Now A Week Away From Fitness After Long Term Issues on 11:34 - Oct 24 by saint22

You really have to wonder who is actually in control of our recruitment and transfers?
The one position we have needed to strengthen season after season and even when we sign a supposed answer they are either sh1te or unavailable
Beggars belief tbh

I can understand the frustration Saint 22 and I think universally Saints fans are disappointed that the one area that everyone (not for months but 3 seasons now) have been screaming out to be resolved is still on hold, but where I take a slightly different view is as follows:-

- to be fair to Southampton FC, Manager and Recruitment in the case of Salisu is that they hopefully saw enough and have enough knowledge to know that he was worth purchasing. I have no idea what he is like as a defender as apart from a couple of Youtube snippets I have not seen him play but he may yet be the best thing that has happened to us (at the back) since Van Dijk - I am willing at this stage to hope that that is the case;
- experienced, long term top of the game defenders are seemingly hard to come by and when they do they are dreadfully over-priced - Maguire being the case and more recently Ben White at Brighton. We cannot afford to pay that sort of money and to be honest I am not sure I would want my club to. That said, where I do think we slipped up is buying a Cahill or similar or at least going for them - it does not mean they would have joined us of course.

I am less concerned whether Salisu is the answer - hopefully he will be (and I certainly hope he does not become another false dawn or bad buy or I think there will be serious question marks about their judgement), but where the club has slipped up again (and it really is something they are consistently not good at) is on communication and failure to be up front and transparent to their fanbase. You might have thought that have a liturgy of examples where they should have learnt their lesson.

We have all sniffed (even Nick who rarely criticises the club) that something is not right, but the lack of clear communication and use of the word like "issues" just shrouds his whole joining us and what the heart of the problem is in mystery, conjecture and various theories which may or may not be wide of the mark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024