Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fully deserved win 16:08 - Oct 25 with 1488 viewssolent_toffee

Saints were miles better, organised, fitter and switched on for the entire game, bar about ten minutes in the first half before Saints scored.

I don’t think McCarthy has a save to make all game.

No grumbles about the sending off.

Just one of those days and very reminiscent of virtually every match I’ve seen Everton play at SMS. In these crazy times at least some things don’t change.

I’m off for a pint.
Fully deserved win on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 1339 viewsSaintNick

Thanks for the appraisal, Saints put in a shift today, Everton looked a better side than last year and the additions in the summer should make you a side challenging for the top six if United slip away

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fully deserved win on 17:36 - Oct 25 with 1326 viewssolent_toffee

Fully deserved win on 17:31 - Oct 25 by SaintNick

Thanks for the appraisal, Saints put in a shift today, Everton looked a better side than last year and the additions in the summer should make you a side challenging for the top six if United slip away

Everton have got a competitive starting eleven if they have no injuries or suspensions. The back up players are no way near good enough. It’s progress but won’t happen overnight.
Fully deserved win on 17:38 - Oct 25 with 1320 viewsJaySaint

Gordon who came on looks a good player. Best player for you (today) IMO.

not seen much of him before, given it has all been about Rodrigues and DCL
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 17:38]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Fully deserved win on 17:42 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewssolent_toffee

Fully deserved win on 17:38 - Oct 25 by JaySaint

Gordon who came on looks a good player. Best player for you (today) IMO.

not seen much of him before, given it has all been about Rodrigues and DCL
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 17:38]

Apparently he went to Ancelotti earlier in the season to ask why he wasn’t in the squad and didn’t get a good reaction. Hopefully he will get a start as he’s a much better option than both Iwobi and Bernard.
Fully deserved win on 17:46 - Oct 25 with 1285 viewsSaintNick

Fully deserved win on 17:36 - Oct 25 by solent_toffee

Everton have got a competitive starting eleven if they have no injuries or suspensions. The back up players are no way near good enough. It’s progress but won’t happen overnight.

There is a competitiveness in the side this season that wasn't there last, but I think you have a stronger back up than us, look at your bench today Delph, Bernard, Gomes, Davies, all experienced players.

Plus the players suspended or injured and a couple of the promising youngsters and you have 20 or so players who should be good enough, look at our bench three youngsters on it with barely 5 games between them

Fully deserved win on 18:11 - Oct 25 with 1216 viewssolent_toffee

Fully deserved win on 17:46 - Oct 25 by SaintNick

There is a competitiveness in the side this season that wasn't there last, but I think you have a stronger back up than us, look at your bench today Delph, Bernard, Gomes, Davies, all experienced players.

Plus the players suspended or injured and a couple of the promising youngsters and you have 20 or so players who should be good enough, look at our bench three youngsters on it with barely 5 games between them

Looking at Saints bench you do wonder what would happen if Ings were to get injured.

He was superb today, almost playing like a number 10, in a role that Sky were raving about Harry Kane last week. He’s a nightmare to play against and sets the tone for the whole team.

The quite frankly dreadful Kieran Dyer was flogging him a top six side before the match.
Fully deserved win on 18:17 - Oct 25 with 1203 viewsSaintNick

Fully deserved win on 18:11 - Oct 25 by solent_toffee

Looking at Saints bench you do wonder what would happen if Ings were to get injured.

He was superb today, almost playing like a number 10, in a role that Sky were raving about Harry Kane last week. He’s a nightmare to play against and sets the tone for the whole team.

The quite frankly dreadful Kieran Dyer was flogging him a top six side before the match.

I think if Ings got injured Adams would step up to the plate and we would see someone like Nlundulu get their chance

Fully deserved win on 19:35 - Oct 25 with 1098 viewsWaylander

Fully deserved win on 18:11 - Oct 25 by solent_toffee

Kieran Dyer can f##k off. Look at the table - we are a top six side!
Login to get fewer ads

Fully deserved win on 21:06 - Oct 25 with 986 views1teeminants

Fully deserved win on 19:35 - Oct 25 by Waylander

Kieran Dyer can f##k off. Look at the table - we are a top six side!

This is what really annoys me . Saints finished top 8 four years running which included a 6 th place finish and we twice finished 7 th . Why Do these nobs like Dyer just ignore all that . With a bit more money behind us and ambition we could regularly finish top 8 maybe so why would anyone want to jump ship. We have proved it can be done. Saints more than any other club seem to get picked on and anyone that does well here is immediately advised to leave to join a big club .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Fully deserved win on 21:34 - Oct 25 with 919 viewskingslandstand1

Fully deserved win on 21:06 - Oct 25 by 1teeminants

This is what really annoys me . Saints finished top 8 four years running which included a 6 th place finish and we twice finished 7 th . Why Do these nobs like Dyer just ignore all that . With a bit more money behind us and ambition we could regularly finish top 8 maybe so why would anyone want to jump ship. We have proved it can be done. Saints more than any other club seem to get picked on and anyone that does well here is immediately advised to leave to join a big club .

What doesn't help is that our means of surviving tended to be to find bargains or gems in our academy and then sell them of for vast profits so we were deemed as a selling club with no ambition other than to survive. You could argue that makes us a sustainable well run club, but those few years of top 6-8 finishes proves we can do well

We certainly get plaudits for the quality of our play, but I don't know what the answer is other than do a Leicester and get an owner who will invest in the team. We have the makings of this with the manager and current crop of players as a catalyst for better things

You never know, with the club now on the market and us starting to get noticed for the quality of our play etc, we may get the right owner. I often onder what would have happened if Marcus had survived another 10 years or so
Fully deserved win on 23:26 - Oct 25 with 820 viewsChesham_Saint

Kudos to Toffs for an honest assessment. Any skates who can read this (even whilst moving their lips) take note.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fully deserved win on 09:08 - Oct 26 with 700 views1teeminants

Fully deserved win on 21:34 - Oct 25 by kingslandstand1

What doesn't help is that our means of surviving tended to be to find bargains or gems in our academy and then sell them of for vast profits so we were deemed as a selling club with no ambition other than to survive. You could argue that makes us a sustainable well run club, but those few years of top 6-8 finishes proves we can do well

We certainly get plaudits for the quality of our play, but I don't know what the answer is other than do a Leicester and get an owner who will invest in the team. We have the makings of this with the manager and current crop of players as a catalyst for better things

You never know, with the club now on the market and us starting to get noticed for the quality of our play etc, we may get the right owner. I often onder what would have happened if Marcus had survived another 10 years or so

Yes I think we’ve made a rod for our own back so to speak. We’ve been seen by the football world as a selling club so many come to us, feel they can have a good browse around and take who they want and they know we’ll be willing to negotiate. I went on the Everton board yesterday and some were on about it’s only a matter of time before they come for Ralph ffs .Makes my blood boil 😡

On another subject I am enjoying looking at the premier league table at the moment with many of the big guns struggling. Long may it continue , I doubt it will though.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Fully deserved win on 09:21 - Oct 26 with 684 viewssolent_toffee

Fully deserved win on 09:08 - Oct 26 by 1teeminants

Yes I think we’ve made a rod for our own back so to speak. We’ve been seen by the football world as a selling club so many come to us, feel they can have a good browse around and take who they want and they know we’ll be willing to negotiate. I went on the Everton board yesterday and some were on about it’s only a matter of time before they come for Ralph ffs .Makes my blood boil 😡

On another subject I am enjoying looking at the premier league table at the moment with many of the big guns struggling. Long may it continue , I doubt it will though.

Blimey, what Everton site did you go on, there are some right weirdos amongst our support.

The general consensus about Ralph on the Everton board that I go on is that he is a sinister creepy bloke who wears a cap and is mates with Klopp.

I’d be devastated if Ancelotti didn’t take Everton to BMD.
Fully deserved win on 09:30 - Oct 26 with 670 viewsSaintNick

Fully deserved win on 09:21 - Oct 26 by solent_toffee

Blimey, what Everton site did you go on, there are some right weirdos amongst our support.

The general consensus about Ralph on the Everton board that I go on is that he is a sinister creepy bloke who wears a cap and is mates with Klopp.

I’d be devastated if Ancelotti didn’t take Everton to BMD.

You are right Ralph is very similar to Klopp, I can see why Evertonians might not like that, but prejudices aside and you would be hard pushed to find a Saints fan who doesnt on one hand love Ralph and on the other hate Klopp

I would say most football fans would love a manager like Klopp, someone who buyes completely into the idea of the club, is utterly devoted to it and tells the world how special it is and how great the fans are at every opportunity and is also loyal.

Everton had that in David Moyes, he wasn't as brash as Klopp, but he was every bit as annoying if you werent an Everton fan.

Ancellotti is a good manager but historically he isn't a stayer, two years at most and move on

Fully deserved win on 09:53 - Oct 26 with 648 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Fully deserved win on 09:30 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

You are right Ralph is very similar to Klopp, I can see why Evertonians might not like that, but prejudices aside and you would be hard pushed to find a Saints fan who doesnt on one hand love Ralph and on the other hate Klopp

I would say most football fans would love a manager like Klopp, someone who buyes completely into the idea of the club, is utterly devoted to it and tells the world how special it is and how great the fans are at every opportunity and is also loyal.

Everton had that in David Moyes, he wasn't as brash as Klopp, but he was every bit as annoying if you werent an Everton fan.

Ancellotti is a good manager but historically he isn't a stayer, two years at most and move on

I don't mind Klopp, I love his passion - I especially loved Koeman taking the p*ss out of him though, that still makes me laugh.

I dislike Liverpool and I HATE the media fawning over Klopp, but as a manager, he's bloody decent and comes across as a sound guy that the players respect. He's infinitely more likeable than Mourinho, Wilder and a whole host of other bellends I wouldn't want at Saints.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Fully deserved win on 10:28 - Oct 26 with 630 viewssolent_toffee

Fully deserved win on 09:30 - Oct 26 by SaintNick

I’d like to have it written into every Everton managers contract that you’re not allowed to wear a cap.

Moyes was brilliant for Everton, some Evertonians have short memories when it comes to him and have re-written history due to him leaving for United. It would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if he had been given Moshiri’s money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024