Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card 17:36 - Oct 25 with 1000 viewsSaintNick

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti brands Lucas Digne's red card in their loss to Southampton a "joke" and says the decision may have been influenced by controversial tackles from Jordan Pickford and Richarlison in the Merseyside derby last week.

I think he is getting a bit upset here and also over reacting, the referee didn't just brandish a straight red in the heat of the moment, VAR looked at it first, it wasn't a vindictive reckless challenge as Pickfords was last week, but it was a nasty foul all the same, clumsy more than nasty, but a foul tackle is a foul tackle whatever the intention

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 18:18 - Oct 25 with 942 viewsSadoldgit

He had two or three goes at him from behind. Agreed it probably wasn’t malicious but it was a red. Instead of bitching about it he should instill some discipline into his players.
Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 18:23 - Oct 25 with 933 viewsSaintNick

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 18:18 - Oct 25 by Sadoldgit

He had two or three goes at him from behind. Agreed it probably wasn’t malicious but it was a red. Instead of bitching about it he should instill some discipline into his players.

I agree with you, they seemed to lose their discipline late on, they chased the ball around even when we were just passing it and tiring them out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 19:33 - Oct 25 with 853 viewsWaylander

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 18:18 - Oct 25 by Sadoldgit

It may well not have been malicious, but intent is longer a consideration. The outcome was dangerous to our player so it is a red card.
Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 20:10 - Oct 25 with 805 viewscocklebreath

It was a red they deffo got niggly 2nd half.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 21:41 - Oct 25 with 721 viewsBison

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 19:33 - Oct 25 by Waylander

It may well not have been malicious, but intent is longer a consideration. The outcome was dangerous to our player so it is a red card.

If you watch the replay of the 'tackle' you can see he lifts both hands up in the air as if to say whoa that's an accident BEFORE he makes contact with KWP's foot. He meant it for sure.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 21:50]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ancelotti Blaming This Week's Red Card On Last Week's Pickford Incident on 21:48 - Oct 25 with 712 viewsdirk_doone

Digne tried to bring him down twice in that run. The first time he clipped his heel, he kept on running but the second time Digne made sure with a vicious tackle guaranteed to bring him down and possibly injure him. Digne was angry and out of control. A few minutes before the incident, I said to the person I was watching it with (one of my grandsons) "Digne is losing it. He's going to get a red card soon." I should have put money on it.

I also said, it was a pity Saints didn't have a shot at the end of that 40-pass move that finished the game and it was. It would have been like that famous team goal that Saints scored against the other Merseyside team.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 21:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 22:25 - Oct 25 with 643 viewsPatfromPoole

It was a coward’s tackle.

Disgrace. Friend made the right decision for once.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 00:20 - Oct 26 with 584 viewsTimSaint

Regardless of intent, it was serious foul play and therefore a red card was the correct decision. Digne should have heeded the warning after deliberately elbowing Bednarek, but no, he tried to trip KWP at the start, then chased him 30 odd yards before making sure he got his man.

Bernard was lucky to stay on the pitch too. Already on a yellow, he got away with another foul that would definitely have got him a yellow if he had not already been booked.

As for DCL, he got booked for kicking Vest, probably out of frustration at not having a single shot all game !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 08:15 - Oct 26 with 485 viewsdirk_doone

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 00:20 - Oct 26 by TimSaint

Regardless of intent, it was serious foul play and therefore a red card was the correct decision. Digne should have heeded the warning after deliberately elbowing Bednarek, but no, he tried to trip KWP at the start, then chased him 30 odd yards before making sure he got his man.

Bernard was lucky to stay on the pitch too. Already on a yellow, he got away with another foul that would definitely have got him a yellow if he had not already been booked.

As for DCL, he got booked for kicking Vest, probably out of frustration at not having a single shot all game !!

Calvert-Lewin only touched the ball 8 times the whole game. Even Ali Dia did better than that.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ancelotti Blaming Last Week's Pickford Incident On This Weeks Red Card on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 401 viewsTimSaint

Just watched a bit of MOTD during my lunch break and noticed that the fould for red card Fulham received, was very similar to the Digne incident yesterday.

I guess the ref must have watched MOTD on Saturday night, saw a replica of it and brandished the same punishment.

As for Ancelotti saying it was a joke, it was just a Morinhoesque deflection tactic, so everyone is talking about the red card and not Everton's poor performance.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024