Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New National Lockdown from Wednesday 23:15 - Oct 30 with 13773 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-boris-johns

Here we go again if the reports are right
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 23:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 23:54 - Oct 30 with 3340 viewskentsouthampton

Too gutless to announce it themselves, so they leak it to the press, what a spinless bunch of chickenshìt wänkers we have leading this country.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 00:41 - Oct 31 with 3316 viewsBicester_North

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 23:54 - Oct 30 by kentsouthampton

Too gutless to announce it themselves, so they leak it to the press, what a spinless bunch of chickenshìt wänkers we have leading this country.

Spent all day and night on that computer looking for memes and getting angry again?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:16 - Oct 31 with 3216 viewskentsouthampton

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 00:41 - Oct 31 by Bicester_North

Spent all day and night on that computer looking for memes and getting angry again?

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me, try taking a break from here.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:26 - Oct 31 with 3203 viewssaint22

Spot on, they are a bunch of self serving muppets
I wonder how all those ‘working class’ voters who switched to Tory feel now
Oh and a no deal brexit to come
10 glorious years of Tory rule
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 3139 viewsPatfromPoole

Does this mean no football for a month?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:50 - Oct 31 with 3134 viewsSalisburySaint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:33 - Oct 31 by PatfromPoole

Shame they didn’t follow the Science and SAGE advice in September and have a two week circuit breaker, rather than a more severe lockdown now.

Dare say they thought our “world beating” track and trace system would save the day🤪
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:53 - Oct 31 with 3118 viewsDorsetIan

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:33 - Oct 31 by PatfromPoole

Hopefully professional sport can be exempted because of the much higher level of testing and stricter social distancing enforcement.

But a wider point, does anyone still think the government is doing a competent job on this?

They seem to have lost the goodwill of the public because Covid compliance is low, test and trace is limping along and nowhere near world-beating, and they also seem to have lost ‚control‘ of the virus completely.

I‘m obviously not a Boris fan but I wonder whether those who voted for him, still think he’s doing OK?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:01 - Oct 31 with 3102 viewsJaySaint

Absolute joke. This illness is not dangerous to almost the entire country.
More business destroyed, which will have a devastating effect on the country

the recession coming after this is going to be massive

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:15 - Oct 31 with 3090 viewsSalisburySaint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:01 - Oct 31 by JaySaint

Be interesting to see how they control this now.

After keeping restrictions localised in France, when lockdown came loads of citizens fled Paris a severe area, and left for areas where infection rate far better thus risking spreading virus to previously unaffected areas, which surely defeats the object of lockdown.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:29 - Oct 31 with 3067 viewsRon11

What an eloquently put piece of verbal diarrhoea.
85% of the planet has the same problem. Lets's not forget that Wales and Scotland have a total of 11 million people within their borders, here in England there are 66.6 million. ANY government would have had serious problems with this - look at Europe for example.
The biggest mistake this government has made is not sacking Cummings as soon as he took the piss out of a country in Lockdown, and the same in Scotland with their train travelling MP.
It just changed the mindset of a lot of people overnight.
No doubt you have been sticking to the rules though - wearing your mask and not going to pubs and restaurants?
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:31 - Oct 31 with 3071 viewscocklebreath

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:01 - Oct 31 by JaySaint

It’s mental, unless we don’t really know the truth I don’t get it. I had it in March, a bad cold at most same for my wife who has asthma.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:36 - Oct 31 with 3057 viewsBicester_North

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:26 - Oct 31 by saint22

Spot on, they are a bunch of self serving muppets
I wonder how all those ‘working class’ voters who switched to Tory feel now
Oh and a no deal brexit to come
10 glorious years of Tory rule

Agreeing with your skate self

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:41 - Oct 31 with 3033 viewsPatfromPoole

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:29 - Oct 31 by Ron11

85% of the planet has the same problem. Lets's not forget that Wales and Scotland have a total of 11 million people within their borders, here in England there are 66.6 million. ANY government would have had serious problems with this - look at Europe for example.
The biggest mistake this government has made is not sacking Cummings as soon as he took the piss out of a country in Lockdown, and the same in Scotland with their train travelling MP.
No doubt you have been sticking to the rules though - wearing your mask and not going to pubs and restaurants?

Cummings is going to be personally responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

The mood of the public, and their acceptance of the rules, changed overnight after his non-compliance. This is going to be such a key aspect of the next few weeks. Will people stick to the rules?

I have my doubts.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:45 - Oct 31 with 3036 viewscocklebreath

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:41 - Oct 31 by PatfromPoole

Cummings is going to be personally responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

The mood of the public, and their acceptance of the rules, changed overnight after his non-compliance. This is going to be such a key aspect of the next few weeks. Will people stick to the rules?

I have my doubts.

No chance, like you say Cummings took the piss.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:52 - Oct 31 with 3022 viewsJaySaint

"Lockdown now, to save xmas"

you just know that is what will be said to dress it up.

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 11:27 - Oct 31 with 2986 viewsSadoldgit

Did you see Question Time on Thursday? The was an authoress whose name I didn’t catch talking a lot of sense. She said that what America (and us) lack at the moment is leadership. As we know, Trump has been a divisive disaster for the US. Sadly for us, Johnson has been little better here. He has little credibility anymore. Both of them are unfit for such high office. I’d like to say we deserve better, but actually the idiots who “lent” them their votes are now finding out what it is like to be a turkey voting for Christmas.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 11:47 - Oct 31 with 2967 viewsDorsetIan

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 10:29 - Oct 31 by Ron11

Spot on about Cummings. It wasn’t what he did that was the problem it’s that he wasn’t sacked immediately to send out a signal to everyone.

It allowed some people to think ‘if it’s alright for him...’. It also meant that ministers had to be careful when talking about following the rules, as they knew that if they were too dogmatic interviewers would say ‘how did that apply to Cummings?’ So they started talking about there being exemptions in the guidance and about people following ‘common sense’.

Absolute disaster - just to save one unelected bloke’s job.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:09 - Oct 31 with 2940 viewsgrumpy

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:17 - Oct 31 with 2925 viewsSaintsforeverj

The problem here is that some people aren't bothering with the restrictions, mostly in some pubs. Again pubs and restaurants being open, sees people partying in the streets after 10, if not inside. But as is the same in France, Italy, Belgium and elsewhere, they are panicking about hospitals overflowing.

I don't think we should be having another full national lockdown. SAGE are panicking the government, but businesses closing just before Christmas will be devastating. Destroying the economy will be worse than the disease imo. But let's remember they are doing this across Europe, not just here, before we single out the UK government. There is already civil unrest in Italy. They can't keep locking us all down like this, people lose their jobs / businesses forever just because of virus that most people get mildly. Locking us down won't save Christmas, it will send some people to despair.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 12:20]

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:22 - Oct 31 with 2905 viewssaint22

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 11:47 - Oct 31 by DorsetIan

Spot on about Cummings. It wasn’t what he did that was the problem it’s that he wasn’t sacked immediately to send out a signal to everyone.

It allowed some people to think ‘if it’s alright for him...’. It also meant that ministers had to be careful when talking about following the rules, as they knew that if they were too dogmatic interviewers would say ‘how did that apply to Cummings?’ So they started talking about there being exemptions in the guidance and about people following ‘common sense’.

Absolute disaster - just to save one unelected bloke’s job.

The buck stops with Boris but he won’t deal as he is a spineless spoon fed Tory muppet, too busy dining with the Barclay bros and moshing Cummings off while the country falls further into despair
You reap what you sow
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:49 - Oct 31 with 2893 viewskingslandstand1

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:17 - Oct 31 by Saintsforeverj

The problem here is that some people aren't bothering with the restrictions, mostly in some pubs. Again pubs and restaurants being open, sees people partying in the streets after 10, if not inside. But as is the same in France, Italy, Belgium and elsewhere, they are panicking about hospitals overflowing.

I don't think we should be having another full national lockdown. SAGE are panicking the government, but businesses closing just before Christmas will be devastating. Destroying the economy will be worse than the disease imo. But let's remember they are doing this across Europe, not just here, before we single out the UK government. There is already civil unrest in Italy. They can't keep locking us all down like this, people lose their jobs / businesses forever just because of virus that most people get mildly. Locking us down won't save Christmas, it will send some people to despair.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 12:20]

You're talking a bit of sense there Saintsforever which seems to be a bit unusual on here atm with the political party "my lots better than yours" sh1t ongoing
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:02 - Oct 31 with 2878 viewsSaintsforeverj

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 12:49 - Oct 31 by kingslandstand1

You're talking a bit of sense there Saintsforever which seems to be a bit unusual on here atm with the political party "my lots better than yours" sh1t ongoing

Yep, I see it how I see it and say it how it is, regardless. It's a very difficult situation in every country at the moment. I could understand the first lockdown. Nobody knew about the disease and we had to be cautious to protect the public. But we have better knowledge, more drugs to treat it, the vulnerable can isolate. Are we going to release the hounds en masse for a big get together at Christmas, then the virus spreads again? Another lockdown in February?

I just think locking down Cornwall, when there arn't any infections, is daft. A second lockdown presumably will destroy the economy and people's lives. It is difficult but the damage this lockdown will cause, will be worse than the few unfortunate people getting the virus. But they are doing the same across Europe, so there we go.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 13:04]

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:02 - Oct 31 with 2875 viewsJaySaint

SAGE have done a brilliant job at holding the Govt to ransom. Well played.

The country is going to be destroyed with more lockdowns.

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:08 - Oct 31 with 2859 viewsChesham_Saint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:53 - Oct 31 by DorsetIan

Hopefully professional sport can be exempted because of the much higher level of testing and stricter social distancing enforcement.

But a wider point, does anyone still think the government is doing a competent job on this?

They seem to have lost the goodwill of the public because Covid compliance is low, test and trace is limping along and nowhere near world-beating, and they also seem to have lost ‚control‘ of the virus completely.

I‘m obviously not a Boris fan but I wonder whether those who voted for him, still think he’s doing OK?

Nah, I’d much rather have Corbyn and Abbot running the show....

Good point about elite sports being allowed to carry on. I was originally against the restart but all in all it’s been ok.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:53 - Oct 31 with 2824 viewssaint22

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:02 - Oct 31 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, I see it how I see it and say it how it is, regardless. It's a very difficult situation in every country at the moment. I could understand the first lockdown. Nobody knew about the disease and we had to be cautious to protect the public. But we have better knowledge, more drugs to treat it, the vulnerable can isolate. Are we going to release the hounds en masse for a big get together at Christmas, then the virus spreads again? Another lockdown in February?

I just think locking down Cornwall, when there arn't any infections, is daft. A second lockdown presumably will destroy the economy and people's lives. It is difficult but the damage this lockdown will cause, will be worse than the few unfortunate people getting the virus. But they are doing the same across Europe, so there we go.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 13:04]

The bottom line is most people are stupid and selfish so just carry on regardless, then throwing their arms up in disgust when they are told to obey the rules
Couple that with being led by a stupid selfish c**t and it’s a recipe for disaster no matter what your political persuasion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024