Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New National Lockdown from Wednesday 23:15 - Oct 30 with 13862 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-boris-johns

Here we go again if the reports are right
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 23:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 19:53 - Oct 31 with 1261 viewsDorsetIan

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 13:08 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

Nah, I’d much rather have Corbyn and Abbot running the show....

Good point about elite sports being allowed to carry on. I was originally against the restart but all in all it’s been ok.

Given your appreciation of Corbyn and Abbot, aren’t you setting your bar a bit low there!

It’s not intended as a row, but you seriously think Johnson has done OK? I’m genuinely interested if people do still think that. I obviously don’t, but these days I like to try to understand the opposite view.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 19:59 - Oct 31 with 1243 viewsSaintsforeverj

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 19:53 - Oct 31 by DorsetIan

Given your appreciation of Corbyn and Abbot, aren’t you setting your bar a bit low there!

It’s not intended as a row, but you seriously think Johnson has done OK? I’m genuinely interested if people do still think that. I obviously don’t, but these days I like to try to understand the opposite view.

Put it another way, has Boris done any worse than the leaders of France, Italy, Belgium, Spain? They have all just gone into lockdown again. Testing has been problematic in France and elsewhere, people are rioting in Italy, the furlough is 80 per cent, which is more generous than most other countries. In comparison, why has Boris been so much worse than the countries mentioned? Give me example of a decision / mistake made by Boris, that hasn't also been made by countless others?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 20:01]

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:01 - Oct 31 with 1236 viewsChesham_Saint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 19:53 - Oct 31 by DorsetIan

Starmer/Johnson/Macron/Merkel - I don’t think any politician could come out of this looking great. It’s an utterly thankless task. And that is the response I get from almost anyone I ask (Tory or Labour).

Hindsight gives 20/20 vision, but it’s a shit situation and no-one has all the answers and they’re kidding you if they think they do. I am convinced However that Corbyn for one, would have made a worse job of it than any Tory or Labour Party leader of the last 30 years. And that’s saying something...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:01 - Oct 31 with 1235 viewsgrumpy

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 18:41 - Oct 31 by Saintsforeverj

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/how-rich-is-sir-keir-starmer/
Net worth 4 million, his house is worth 1.8 million, he studied law at Oxford University ( you are very privileged to get accepted at Oxford). He had a job with a hefty salary. Erm, I would imagine being worth 4 million has given him a relatively privileged life.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 18:43]

What Keir Starmer and his wife have they have worked for from relatively humble beginnings.
You don't get into Oxford by just being privileged.
His Mother was a Nurse and Father a Toolmaker.
He passed his 11plus to get into grammar school and progressed from there.
Does that sound privileged to you?
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:05 - Oct 31 with 1223 viewsSaintsforeverj

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:01 - Oct 31 by grumpy

What Keir Starmer and his wife have they have worked for from relatively humble beginnings.
You don't get into Oxford by just being privileged.
His Mother was a Nurse and Father a Toolmaker.
He passed his 11plus to get into grammar school and progressed from there.
Does that sound privileged to you?

Can absolutely anyone get into Oxford and Cambridge if you work hard? If so, why was there a big thing about only the privileged toffs getting an education there?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:46 - Oct 31 with 1190 viewsSalisburySaint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:05 - Oct 31 by Saintsforeverj

Can absolutely anyone get into Oxford and Cambridge if you work hard? If so, why was there a big thing about only the privileged toffs getting an education there?

Toffs have better chance as you have to go through an entrance interview which many argue favours them.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:48 - Oct 31 with 1189 viewsgrumpy

Its not easy to get into Oxford there is a rigorous admission test before you are invited to a interview.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:51 - Oct 31 with 1184 viewsSaintsforeverj

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:48 - Oct 31 by grumpy

Its not easy to get into Oxford there is a rigorous admission test before you are invited to a interview.

So anyone who gets in to the best university in the UK is quite priveledged to get that level of education on their cv, I would say.

Login to get fewer ads

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:51 - Oct 31 with 1184 viewsWaylander

The majority of people I was at Cambridge with were grammar school kids who were damn smart.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday (n/t) on 23:14 - Oct 31 with 1114 viewsBazza

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:51 - Oct 31 by Waylander

The majority of people I was at Cambridge with were grammar school kids who were damn smart.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 23:24]
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 23:29 - Oct 31 with 1097 viewsSadoldgit

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 20:01 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

Starmer/Johnson/Macron/Merkel - I don’t think any politician could come out of this looking great. It’s an utterly thankless task. And that is the response I get from almost anyone I ask (Tory or Labour).

Hindsight gives 20/20 vision, but it’s a shit situation and no-one has all the answers and they’re kidding you if they think they do. I am convinced However that Corbyn for one, would have made a worse job of it than any Tory or Labour Party leader of the last 30 years. And that’s saying something...

To be frank Chesham, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who could have made a worse job of this apart from Trump. At the very least Corbyn and his cabinet would not have been handing billions of pounds of untendered contracts out to their incompetent buddies.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 00:02 - Nov 1 with 1076 viewsButty101

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 23:29 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

To be frank Chesham, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who could have made a worse job of this apart from Trump. At the very least Corbyn and his cabinet would not have been handing billions of pounds of untendered contracts out to their incompetent buddies.

I dont know why you guys bother with these pointless discussions. No one will ever change their mind.

I voted for the local independent in the last election as i just couldnt bring myself to vote for any of the main parties. They were all equally un inspiring and poor.

Frankly though the government are in an impossible position. Shut down and all the businesses bleat. Dont shut down people die and the government are accused of not caring.

When i read some of the posters opinions on this thread, i think what chance has the government if this is the average electorate.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 00:09 - Nov 1 with 1069 viewsChesham_Saint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 23:29 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

I refer you to Saintsforevers’ response to Dors above re the rest of Europe, and rather inconveniently for you, how they’ve all fvcked up.

If you seriously think the levels of corruption in terms of contracts are worse in the U.K. than mainland Europe then you really are from Muriburiland.

As for Corbyn, he’d probably have been funding his friends in PIRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Waffen SS....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 07:12 - Nov 1 with 1008 viewssaint22

AND THIS IS WHY:

Six weeks ago, the government was given a stark warning that the nation faced a “very large epidemic with catastrophic consequences”. Only by imposing an immediate two-week “circuit breaker” lockdown could it hope to reduce the spread of coronavirus, the Sage group of scientific advisers told ministers.

“As over 90% of the population remain susceptible, not acting now to reduce cases will result in a very large epidemic with catastrophic consequences in terms of direct Covid-related deaths and the ability of the health service to meet needs,” the group warned.

Assailed by Tory backbenchers and a right-wing media that abhorred the idea of restrictions that could cause economic harm, prime minister Boris Johnson chose to ignore that advice

BoJo thinks he knows best and as a result plays with peoples lives and livelihoods, I can’t see how anyone can defend him
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:14 - Nov 1 with 983 viewsdirk_doone

The best solution would be to put all over 60s into a strict lockdown until vaccine is available and let the rest of society carry on as normal.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:15 - Nov 1 with 979 viewsJaySaint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:14 - Nov 1 by dirk_doone

The best solution would be to put all over 60s into a strict lockdown until vaccine is available and let the rest of society carry on as normal.

absolutely. The govt are paralysed by SAGE and their manipulation of the media.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 8:19]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:21 - Nov 1 with 966 viewssolent_toffee

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:14 - Nov 1 by dirk_doone

What about all those over 60’s with no health conditions who are fit, active and working?

My father in law still has his own business, goes running every day and is fitter and healthier and far more economically active than many fat arsed slobs much younger than him.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:23 - Nov 1 with 961 viewsJaySaint

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:21 - Nov 1 by solent_toffee

What about all those over 60’s with no health conditions who are fit, active and working?

My father in law still has his own business, goes running every day and is fitter and healthier and far more economically active than many fat arsed slobs much younger than him.

I would argue it is their choice. The Govt insist they 'lockdown' but if they don't, it is on them.

I am certain people like your father-in-law would happily accept that.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 8:26]

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:28 - Nov 1 with 956 viewsdirk_doone

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:21 - Nov 1 by solent_toffee

No solution is perfect for every individual but that is the best one for the whole of society.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:43 - Nov 1 with 926 viewssolent_toffee

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:23 - Nov 1 by JaySaint

I would argue it is their choice. The Govt insist they 'lockdown' but if they don't, it is on them.

I am certain people like your father-in-law would happily accept that.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 8:26]

It is an incredibly difficult situation for all the reasons that people are posting on here. Non Covid physical conditions, not to mention the mental health impact that lockdown brings.

The next month or so is going to be tough.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:44 - Nov 1 with 922 viewskernow

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:28 - Nov 1 by dirk_doone

No solution is perfect for every individual but that is the best one for the whole of society.

Absolute nonsense to incarcerate a whole section of society. There tens of thousands of fit, economically and physically active over 60s on whom many still depend.
Which group in society are predominant in spreading the virus? Lock them up not the over 60s.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:46 - Nov 1 with 920 viewssolent_toffee

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 08:28 - Nov 1 by dirk_doone

I agree, its a tough, almost impossible call to make.

The government can put in as many restrictions as they like, but the engagement and behaviour of people has to be responsible. That’s why we have the rule of law, it’s about time the minority get their arse into gear and respect it.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:10 - Nov 1 with 901 viewsJaySaint

And it begins.....

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:30 - Nov 1 with 888 viewssolent_toffee

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:10 - Nov 1 by JaySaint

And it begins.....

I think it’s a given. Cue social media having a meltdown about Boris cancelling Christmas.

Bigger picture being completely missed.
New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:37 - Nov 1 with 879 viewskentsouthampton

New National Lockdown from Wednesday on 09:30 - Nov 1 by solent_toffee

I think it’s a given. Cue social media having a meltdown about Boris cancelling Christmas.

Bigger picture being completely missed.

The bigger picture being that if they had used the last lockdown wisely and readied the NHS for a second wave and sorted test and trace we wouldn't be in this mess, instead we got go to the pub and stuff our faces.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024