Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE 22:07 - Nov 6 with 2817 viewsdirk_doone

And top of the league in November, not just August or September.

This is the first time a south coast team have been top of the Premier League this late in the season.

A six match unbeaten run too.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 22:14]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMER LEAGUE on 22:12 - Nov 6 with 2127 viewssaintmary5

Well deserved and hopefully Trump red card! maybe a great night all round.
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:18 - Nov 6 with 2091 viewsdirk_doone

It was such a great team performance considering the injury problems we had to contend with.

Ralph made the perfect team selection.

I know McCarthy made one very good save but Darlow was brilliant in goal for Newcastle, otherwise the score would have been more. A special mention for Jack Stephens, who playing in that position for the first time in his career did everything he had to do. I don't think there is anyone else currently available in the squad who could have done a better job.

What a pleasant surprise Vestergaard's form has been of late. He just keeps getting better and better as, of course, does Ward-Prowse..

Che Adams seemed to grow in stature as the main striker.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 22:21]

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:22 - Nov 6 with 2074 viewskingslandstand1

Have we ever had so much praise from the pundits after a game??
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:23 - Nov 6 with 2066 viewsdirk_doone

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:22 - Nov 6 by kingslandstand1

Have we ever had so much praise from the pundits after a game??

To be fair, since the restart, several TV pundits have said how much they enjoy watching Saints play.

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:23 - Nov 6 with 2063 viewsBicester_North

Our whole midfield was immense I thought.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:26 - Nov 6 with 2044 viewsdirk_doone

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:23 - Nov 6 by Bicester_North

Our whole midfield was immense I thought.

Absolutely. They worked their socks off. Romeu and Ward-Prowse are starting to look like Wanyama and Schneiderlin did at their absolute best.

I've got Sky Sports News on now and am enjoying hearing them say "Southampton are top of the league" every 5 minutes.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 22:28]

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:40 - Nov 6 with 1974 viewsdirk_doone

I'll save a few of these reports:

SOUTHAMPTON MARCH TO TOP OF PREMIER LEAGUE

This is one of the best so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/06/southampton-newcastle-premier-l

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/southampton-march-to-top-of-premier-league-555610

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/result/result-southampton

It's a big story all over the world. We've even made the Miami Herald:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article247025252.html
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 22:45]

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:43 - Nov 6 with 1955 viewsBicester_North

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:26 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

Absolutely. They worked their socks off. Romeu and Ward-Prowse are starting to look like Wanyama and Schneiderlin did at their absolute best.

I've got Sky Sports News on now and am enjoying hearing them say "Southampton are top of the league" every 5 minutes.

Hard to pick a man of the match, I know the pundits said Armstrong who was very good, but JWP would be my pick. He was everywhere and turned the play round from Newcastle possession a fair few times

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:50 - Nov 6 with 1904 views1teeminants

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:18 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

It was such a great team performance considering the injury problems we had to contend with.

I know McCarthy made one very good save but Darlow was brilliant in goal for Newcastle, otherwise the score would have been more. A special mention for Jack Stephens, who playing in that position for the first time in his career did everything he had to do. I don't think there is anyone else currently available in the squad who could have done a better job.

What a pleasant surprise Vestergaard's form has been of late. He just keeps getting better and better as, of course, does Ward-Prowse..

Armstrong man of match for me .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:53 - Nov 6 with 1887 viewsSadoldgit

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:43 - Nov 6 by Bicester_North

Hard to pick a man of the match, I know the pundits said Armstrong who was very good, but JWP would be my pick. He was everywhere and turned the play round from Newcastle possession a fair few times

Totally agree. JWP was immense tonight. But I thought that it was a great team effort. Think back to the Brentford game when we looked total pants.

The only downside is that I had this down as 2-1 😫
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:55 - Nov 6 with 1886 viewskingslandstand1

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:40 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/06/southampton-newcastle-premier-l

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/result/result-southampton

Is there a mention in the Portsmouth News?
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:57 - Nov 6 with 1880 viewssaintmary5

Always loved Ralph and in many ways this is proof that time and patience regarding a non premier league quality manager appointed to mediocre premier team will always come good given the time and support from management, supporters and team will always succeed. We will not win the premiership but we look forward to the rollercoster ride this season knowing that we have amazing chance of reaching european level.
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:03 - Nov 6 with 1860 viewsgreen

Well said on Jack Stephens, a right footed CB playing at LB.

Absolutely chuffed to bits to see us playing this way, just wish we were allowed back to be there as part of it.
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:04 - Nov 6 with 1850 viewssaintmary5

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:57 - Nov 6 by saintmary5

Always loved Ralph and in many ways this is proof that time and patience regarding a non premier league quality manager appointed to mediocre premier team will always come good given the time and support from management, supporters and team will always succeed. We will not win the premiership but we look forward to the rollercoster ride this season knowing that we have amazing chance of reaching european level.

Premier League not Premiership! sorry
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 1800 viewsBison

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:55 - Nov 6 by kingslandstand1

No , I did check.

Also tried looking at their forum , the fansonline one used to be the most similar to this didn't it ? Well it looks busted nothing on it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:15 - Nov 6 with 1797 viewsWaylander

How much better could it have been if we had not lost to Palace?
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:17 - Nov 6 with 1790 viewsthissceptredsaint

Enjoyed the Miami one the most as the reporter shares the same name as a skate I know
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:20 - Nov 6 with 1781 viewssaintmary5

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:13 - Nov 6 by Bison

No , I did check.

Also tried looking at their forum , the fansonline one used to be the most similar to this didn't it ? Well it looks busted nothing on it.

Uniquely one of my husband’s best friend is Portsmouth season ticket holder. The black humour between them has reached new level. And all I can say is he is massively pissed off in a way he can’t hide!
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:27 - Nov 6 with 1763 viewsRon11

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:18 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

I think the reason for the transformation in Vestergaard is that he is actually fit at last.
He's always looked a yard off the pace in the past.
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 23:51 - Nov 6 with 1714 viewsdirk_doone

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:50 - Nov 6 by 1teeminants

Armstrong man of match for me .

The whole team was great but Captain Fantastic, Ward-Prowse, is looking more and more like the new Beckham with every game. Future England captain?

Adams, Armstrong and Ward-Prowse top the ratings here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54743358
[Post edited 6 Nov 2020 23:53]

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 06:45 - Nov 7 with 1605 viewsSteveMoron

Let's hope covid-19 shuts the league down tonight for the season.
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 07:13 - Nov 7 with 1579 viewssaint22

Totally agree, JWP is the complete midfielder right now, hassling passing tackling scoring, insane
Romeu is bossing every game even tho he is guaranteed a yellow!
Vestergaard looks a different player he now wins every header in either box, loved himmclattering Carroll who then complained!!
COYS
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 07:13 - Nov 7 with 1579 viewsChesham_Saint

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:40 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

Thanks for the research Dirk. The fact that this achievement comes a decent way into the season is more impressive than after just a few games. That said, whilst it’s a great feeling,the reality is that so far we’ve managed just a point from the ‘normal’ top 5 and that included a tonking from Spurs.

If we manage to get a result against say City or Liverpool then that would really get the juices flowing. Mind you, a win against the likes of Wolves or Leicester would also be something to savour. As everyone keeps saying - make the most of it!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 07:20 - Nov 7 with 1567 viewsMattFinish

SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 22:55 - Nov 6 by kingslandstand1

Portsmouth? Where's that then?
SAINTS TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE on 09:11 - Nov 7 with 1474 viewsDorsetIan

Quick mention for Djenepo for me.

I’ve not been his biggest fan in the past but he didn’t do too much wrong yesterday, and that flick to Walcott was lovely.

The way we attack teams directly now is so refreshing. I think back to all those games under Puel and Pellegrino with the ball passed sideways on the edge of the opposition area.

Get the defenders running back, facing their own goal. It should be the first rule of football.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024