Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? 12:41 - Nov 7 with 2880 viewsSlacker

The media are now consistently bigging up Ralph to go to MUFC or others.

Do we think Ralph will reciprocate the loyalty Saints showed to him after the 0-9?

We will probably have bids in for more than one of our players in the January window too!

What do we think?
Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 12:57 - Nov 7 with 2859 viewsBettwsresident

End of season. When he came he promised 2-3 years. We are a stepping stone. Lets enjoy it while it lasts.

We will have bids, they are showcasing themselves. No-one is going to come in with VVD money for anyone in the team, so we are big enough to hold players until the summer at least. Loss of Ralph could trigger an exodus.

We seem to be getting a lot of games on TV and our form and style of play will add more so income should be OK.
Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:00 - Nov 7 with 2856 viewsdarthvader

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 12:57 - Nov 7 by Bettwsresident

End of season. When he came he promised 2-3 years. We are a stepping stone. Lets enjoy it while it lasts.

We will have bids, they are showcasing themselves. No-one is going to come in with VVD money for anyone in the team, so we are big enough to hold players until the summer at least. Loss of Ralph could trigger an exodus.

We seem to be getting a lot of games on TV and our form and style of play will add more so income should be OK.

He has since signed for another 4 hasn't he?

keep the faith coyr

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:02 - Nov 7 with 2852 viewsBettwsresident

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:02 - Nov 7 with 2852 viewsJaySaint

Next summer is key.
for a few year now, we have been told that we could not make better signings as tied down by the 'unsellables'..

well, not really an issue next summer. All will have gone (bar maybe Mo at Celtic), so nil wages to worry about.

If we go into that window without upping our transfer ability, I would not blame ralph if he did one

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:43 - Nov 7 with 2798 viewsWints76

To answer the question in the top post, I think the fact that we didn't sack him after the Leicester match does mean something to him and he will be loyal to us unless we let him down. Or maybe I'm just an old romantic.
Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 14:08 - Nov 7 with 2773 views1teeminants

I’m cheering on Man Utd as we speak ( which just feels wrong ffs ) to keep Solskjaer there as long as possible, they must beat Everton today which will also stop Everton getting near us .
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 14:09]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 2759 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:43 - Nov 7 by Wints76

To answer the question in the top post, I think the fact that we didn't sack him after the Leicester match does mean something to him and he will be loyal to us unless we let him down. Or maybe I'm just an old romantic.

I think Ralph will stick by us, at this time. He recently signed a long new contract. It is an exciting time to be our manager and he will surely want to see the result of his hard work. In a few years time, I have a feeling he might move on then, but pretty sure it won't be for a while yet! He has worked hard to build a team. It would be crazy to build such a great team, and then not stay to enjoy the success, at least for a while.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 14:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 17:17 - Nov 7 with 2648 viewsTheWestStand

Sorry to be negative but there’s not much romance in football and the fact he’s signed for 4 years just means Saints can expect healthy compensation if he leaves before the end of the contract.
I’ve no doubts that if we finish top 8 he will be off in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 18:45 - Nov 7 with 2558 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 17:17 - Nov 7 by TheWestStand

Sorry to be negative but there’s not much romance in football and the fact he’s signed for 4 years just means Saints can expect healthy compensation if he leaves before the end of the contract.
I’ve no doubts that if we finish top 8 he will be off in the summer.

Ok, what would his motivation be? If he goes to a big 6 side (Tottenham excluded) he'll be just another manager who wins things and will be soon forgotten, Only a few of those clubs' managers become 'legends' (and I mean that in a proper context, not a sky sport reference to some also ran footballer as club legend because he played 50 times).

Man U - Busby and Ferguson
Man City Joe Mercer and Pep
Chelsea - Sexton and Mourinho
Arsenal - Chapman, Mee, Graham and Wenger
Liverpool -Shankly, Paisley and Klopp

The exception is Tottenham who have Nicholson but are still waiting for their Messiah.

So basically why would Ralph go there (assuming Mourinho isn't going anywhere for a while) when he could become a legend here - unless money is his motivation (see Koeman)?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 19:18 - Nov 7 with 2525 viewsButty101

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 18:45 - Nov 7 by Chesham_Saint

Ok, what would his motivation be? If he goes to a big 6 side (Tottenham excluded) he'll be just another manager who wins things and will be soon forgotten, Only a few of those clubs' managers become 'legends' (and I mean that in a proper context, not a sky sport reference to some also ran footballer as club legend because he played 50 times).

The exception is Tottenham who have Nicholson but are still waiting for their Messiah.

So basically why would Ralph go there (assuming Mourinho isn't going anywhere for a while) when he could become a legend here - unless money is his motivation (see Koeman)?

I think he will be here for a couple more seasons. I think he likes the challenge and being the under dog. If we could scrape into europe next year then why go? The top 6 bar man u look settled.

By the way, He turned down Bayern Munich before he agreed to come her.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 20:45 - Nov 7 with 2467 viewsBicester_North

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 18:45 - Nov 7 by Chesham_Saint

If you thought you could transform a club like Man U back to their former glories and get paid a fortune that’s probably motivation enough.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 2397 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:43 - Nov 7 by Wints76

This.

I think Ralph genuinely appreciated the club not pulling the trigger after the Leicester game. Not saying he will be the next Bates or Lawrie Mac, but i think he could be here in a couple of years at least.....i certainly hope so.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:07 - Nov 8 with 2211 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 21:59 - Nov 7 by TripleNiemi

This.

I think Ralph genuinely appreciated the club not pulling the trigger after the Leicester game. Not saying he will be the next Bates or Lawrie Mac, but i think he could be here in a couple of years at least.....i certainly hope so.

He also has a genuine rapport with the fans - witness the linked arm raising celebrations after every win which he seems to really enjoy. I can't recall any previous manager engaging like that.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:26 - Nov 8 with 2200 views1885_SFC

Raplh Hasenhuttl on signing his new 4-year contract:

“This, for me, was a simple decision. Simple because of the relationship that I have built with the club, the players and the fans, and also because of the relationship they have built with me too.

“I said when I arrived at the club that we were at the beginning of a long journey, and also a journey that would bring emotion and hopefully enjoyment. We have already had some moments where we could celebrate together, and some that have been emotional and also challenging.

“The way we have handled this together as a group of people has been incredible for me, and I believe we now have strong foundations here that can allow us to take the next steps in our progress as a team.

“For me, this is an important step in the journey. My players, our staff, and of course the supporters must understand my commitment to this club and to what we are trying to build together.

“We value the same philosophies, and this is a big part of why I want to stay here, and I hope we can share in some very successful moments moving forward.”

Old School is Cool

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:56 - Nov 8 with 2182 viewsSlacker

Saints were loyal to Ralph after a year ago - Will he stick with us??? on 13:26 - Nov 8 by 1885_SFC

Raplh Hasenhuttl on signing his new 4-year contract:

“This, for me, was a simple decision. Simple because of the relationship that I have built with the club, the players and the fans, and also because of the relationship they have built with me too.

“I said when I arrived at the club that we were at the beginning of a long journey, and also a journey that would bring emotion and hopefully enjoyment. We have already had some moments where we could celebrate together, and some that have been emotional and also challenging.

“The way we have handled this together as a group of people has been incredible for me, and I believe we now have strong foundations here that can allow us to take the next steps in our progress as a team.

“For me, this is an important step in the journey. My players, our staff, and of course the supporters must understand my commitment to this club and to what we are trying to build together.

“We value the same philosophies, and this is a big part of why I want to stay here, and I hope we can share in some very successful moments moving forward.”

Thank you, sir. There is a great deal in this statement that bodes well. Not least '...beginning of a long journey'.

Maybe Ralph is genuinely motivated by the prospect of seeking to achieve with a comparatively smaller club where he will be appreciated, as opposed to a big club who live with a sense of entitlement. Let's hope he can persuade enough players that sticking together for 2 or 3 seasons could achieve real success against the odds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024