Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vestergaard 16:19 - Nov 7 with 978 viewsA1079

It looks like I may have to eat my words and pleasingly be proved completely wrong. I have to admit I saw no future for Vestergaard at Saints. He seemed wooden, incapable of doing the basics, despite his height seemed easily beaten when defending in the box and absolutely incapable of turning and running when an opposition players was running past him. I used to go cold when I saw his name on the team sheet.

I barely recognise the player that I describe above. He is now commanding, seems to be a leader and is as important in getting the ball forward as he is as the last man. He looks happy and looks unflustered. I still think on a one on one he can be slow to turn but he has been as important to our season thus far as anyone else. I don't know what has changed or when or how but whatever Ralph and the coaching staff have done then I have to commend them. Long may it continue.
Vestergaard on 16:56 - Nov 7 with 934 viewsRon11

I think it's because Ralph finally got some weight off him and got him fit.
Carthorse to racehorse (well, not quite).
I would have loved to see him have more time on Donkey Carroll.
Vestergaard on 17:02 - Nov 7 with 929 viewsthissceptredsaint

Yes still not a complete package but what an improvement. That is down to him and the manager. The manager for knowing how to handle him and himself for being honest and mature and knuckling down.

We clearly saw something to fork out for him, looks like we are seeing what we invested in. Same as Adams, how much will both be worth now in this climate?

Both could have been sold but Ralph wanted to work on them. Fingers crossed a few more will go down this route. Maybe even Obafemi has a little time left if he grows up a bit
Vestergaard on 19:21 - Nov 7 with 854 viewsButty101

Vestergaard on 17:02 - Nov 7 by thissceptredsaint

Yes still not a complete package but what an improvement. That is down to him and the manager. The manager for knowing how to handle him and himself for being honest and mature and knuckling down.

We clearly saw something to fork out for him, looks like we are seeing what we invested in. Same as Adams, how much will both be worth now in this climate?

Both could have been sold but Ralph wanted to work on them. Fingers crossed a few more will go down this route. Maybe even Obafemi has a little time left if he grows up a bit

Obafemi was getting the wrath of Ralph before the Newcastle game. I think he will end up going the same way as Slattery.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Vestergaard on 20:12 - Nov 7 with 810 viewskingslandstand1

Vestergaard on 19:21 - Nov 7 by Butty101

Obafemi was getting the wrath of Ralph before the Newcastle game. I think he will end up going the same way as Slattery.

Was it constructive wrath/criticism or thoroughly pi55ed off wrath/criticism?
Vestergaard on 20:15 - Nov 7 with 808 viewsButty101

Vestergaard on 20:12 - Nov 7 by kingslandstand1

Was it constructive wrath/criticism or thoroughly pi55ed off wrath/criticism?

peeded off - questioning his professionalism

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Vestergaard on 11:08 - Nov 8 with 658 viewskingslandstand1

Vestergaard on 20:15 - Nov 7 by Butty101

peeded off - questioning his professionalism

Interesting. Sounds like all that early positive publicity went to his head
Vestergaard on 11:38 - Nov 8 with 640 viewsWinchesterExile

A part of his game which he’s developed really strongly is his distribution from defence. He made some great 10/20 yard passes straight as an arrow to set up potential attacking moves. Dare I say a bit Van Dyke like.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 12:27]
Vestergaard on 12:15 - Nov 8 with 622 viewsthissceptredsaint

Yes I've thought that, some cracking passes
Login to get fewer ads

Vestergaard on 13:42 - Nov 8 with 588 viewsChesham_Saint

I said in another thread that whilst I agree he's clearly improved a lot, could he be faulted for both the 'free' headers Newcastle had on Friday, or am I being unfair?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Vestergaard on 14:33 - Nov 8 with 561 viewsbattler

I think thats fair enough Chesh.
I am not too sure about the first one but I feel he was at fault for the second one when the Newcastle forward got in, in front of him.
Whether he can keep his recent impressive performances going, lets hope so but he has definitely improved.
Vestergaard on 16:48 - Nov 8 with 501 viewsSadoldgit

Players who get to represent their countries must have some ability even if they can’t hack it in the Prem. A number of decent players haven’t made it here but do well in other major leagues. It is good to see that he has stuck at it and is now putting in solid performances. The quality of balls into the box is so high now that it is no surprise that players look poor when a striker gets his head to a ball. Even VVD had shown that he is not invincible in the air this season. Fair play to Jannik for picking up his performances and to the coaching staff too!
Vestergaard on 23:29 - Nov 8 with 417 viewsBison

Looks like he will miss out on playing for his country as Premier League has told clubs not to release Danish , Swedish and Icelandic players due to the virus.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024