Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums 20:50 - Nov 9 with 667 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53378/government-refuse-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 16:59 - Nov 11 with 595 viewsdwayne_dibley

because the TV companies prefer the current scenario whereby they get lots more games to screen. PL clubs save on the cost of stewards and policing

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 07:35 - Nov 12 with 551 viewsAndylad63

I am not trying to add any more politics to this Football Forum however, it would appear very foolish to allow crowds to gather anywhere. They will use public transport and congregate (in celebration, rage or discussion) before during and after the event, be it a football match, music festival or party political conference. Social distancing cannot be maintained without draconian measures and having a couple of thousand fans handcuffed to seats would work for anyone as entertainment or financially. FFS hundreds of people are still dying each day from this decease and thousands more getting infected. I am sure the Government, Football (clubs and fans) and T.V. would all happily set in place a route map and timetable for the return of the game we love if there was only a fixed date when this pandemic will end. If you have it please let the world know, simply saying it's over doesn't work, ask Donald Trump!!!
Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 08:08 - Nov 12 with 534 viewsSalisburySaint

I see despite lockdown restrictions Northern Ireland will be having just over 1K fans at their game tonight, and Ross County had 300 at game last Friday.

Honestly cant see any reason not to allow limited crowds at grounds, I've attended 8 non league games with several games attended by 600 in grounds holding 3,500 and 5,500 and there have been no Health & Safety issues at all, and all very civilised with social distancing and fans even allowed to drink beer whilst watching the games.

Mind you social distancing and movement around the ground much easier to achieve with terracing.
Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 09:10 - Nov 12 with 506 viewsButty101

Why Saints are flying i dont want the fans going back and messing it up :-)

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 10:02 - Nov 12 with 492 viewsChesham_Saint

Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 07:35 - Nov 12 by Andylad63

I am not trying to add any more politics to this Football Forum however, it would appear very foolish to allow crowds to gather anywhere. They will use public transport and congregate (in celebration, rage or discussion) before during and after the event, be it a football match, music festival or party political conference. Social distancing cannot be maintained without draconian measures and having a couple of thousand fans handcuffed to seats would work for anyone as entertainment or financially. FFS hundreds of people are still dying each day from this decease and thousands more getting infected. I am sure the Government, Football (clubs and fans) and T.V. would all happily set in place a route map and timetable for the return of the game we love if there was only a fixed date when this pandemic will end. If you have it please let the world know, simply saying it's over doesn't work, ask Donald Trump!!!

Hard to disagree with you on that. I’m just wondering about the logistics of allowing a certain amount of people back, even if just a few hundred. For some people this could make quite a difference to their mental health, although how you’d select them would be an admin nightmare.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Government Refuse To Set Timescale For Fans Returning To Stadiums on 12:30 - Nov 14 with 433 viewsdwayne_dibley

How about a full scale no mask trial at Fratton Park. Their 25,000 attendance should give some insights

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024