Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport player tests positive for Covid 10:06 - Nov 10 with 2231 viewsleedsdale

https://nonleaguedaily.com/notts-county-game-postponed-after-stockport-county-re

Does anyone know how frequently EFL clubs are being tested? I seem to remember twice weekly but could have been mistaken
Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 10:39 - Nov 10 with 2159 viewsDalenet

I may be wrong too but I am not sure lower league clubs are required to test regularly because of the cost. Nobody is offering to pay for the cost centrally. There is an agreement
now in play that a Premier League club will pay for the tests of a lower league club if they are to meet in a cup competition. This decision was made following the fiasco with Leyton Orient and Spurs.

That suggests to me that League One and Two clubs may not have a mandatory regular testing regime.

I am a little bemused though that football staff are required to isolate for 14 days if they get a positive test. Fair enough. But those that they train/play with don't appear to be required to do that. So take Stockport they have decided to postpone a game as a precaution - assume other players are getting tests. But they haven't suggested that they cancel games for 14 days.
Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 10:49 - Nov 10 with 2136 viewspioneer

Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 10:39 - Nov 10 by Dalenet

I may be wrong too but I am not sure lower league clubs are required to test regularly because of the cost. Nobody is offering to pay for the cost centrally. There is an agreement
now in play that a Premier League club will pay for the tests of a lower league club if they are to meet in a cup competition. This decision was made following the fiasco with Leyton Orient and Spurs.

That suggests to me that League One and Two clubs may not have a mandatory regular testing regime.

I am a little bemused though that football staff are required to isolate for 14 days if they get a positive test. Fair enough. But those that they train/play with don't appear to be required to do that. So take Stockport they have decided to postpone a game as a precaution - assume other players are getting tests. But they haven't suggested that they cancel games for 14 days.

If the player in question was part of the Stockport players and officials who travelled to Rochdale wouldnt that place our players in a higher risk group in terms of tracking and tracing potential contacts so the club would not be on the line for the cost of testing?
Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 11:11 - Nov 10 with 2097 viewsDalenet

Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 10:49 - Nov 10 by pioneer

If the player in question was part of the Stockport players and officials who travelled to Rochdale wouldnt that place our players in a higher risk group in terms of tracking and tracing potential contacts so the club would not be on the line for the cost of testing?

Still don't think you can automatically get a test unless you are displaying symptoms. So in theory track and trace may contact the club and self isolation may be required. There must be a protocol in place somewhere for this

Interesting that AFC Wimbledon have publicly announced that all of their staff and players will self isolate for 14 days following some positive tests there. That is likely to mean that our game will be off against them - unless their 14 days period started before they made any announcements
Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 12:28 - Nov 10 with 1989 viewsfermin

Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 11:11 - Nov 10 by Dalenet

Still don't think you can automatically get a test unless you are displaying symptoms. So in theory track and trace may contact the club and self isolation may be required. There must be a protocol in place somewhere for this

Interesting that AFC Wimbledon have publicly announced that all of their staff and players will self isolate for 14 days following some positive tests there. That is likely to mean that our game will be off against them - unless their 14 days period started before they made any announcements

I think Wimbledon's 14 days runs out before our game is played - their statement does not mention the game against us, just their Wigan game https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/november/club-update-on-covid-19-situat

The unofficial theory is that they got it from a Blackpool player who contracted it recently. https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/ben-woodburn-returns-positive-co They played Wimbledon on 27 October. Doncaster played Wimbledon a week later at their first home game back at Plough Lane and I noted from the coverage of Doncaster's game at FCUM at the weekend that the Doncaster management team were isolating.

Perhaps it is all coincidental, but I presume Dale would be doing additional testing if they do not do it already, as suggested above.
Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 13:49 - Nov 10 with 1835 viewsnordenblue

Stockport player tests positive for Covid on 11:11 - Nov 10 by Dalenet

You can get a test sent to you almost instantly, a friend had one sent out and arrived the next day, pretty sure he had to pay for it though, seems a small price to pay.
Another mate had a test came back negative 2 days later having not even leaving the house in between tested positive...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024