Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA 18:06 - Nov 10 with 2627 viewssaint22

another one for all those who don't think there is a systemic racism problem in this country

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54894864

The FA on 19:23 - Nov 10 with 1245 viewsTripleNiemi

I really don't know what to say.....seriously, i am dumbfounded.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The FA on 19:50 - Nov 10 with 1222 viewsSadoldgit

Me too. We can’t say “coloured” now? They should have just rapped his knuckles and sent him off on a diversity course

If anyone needed to resign today it should have been Cardinal Vincent Nichols.
The FA on 20:15 - Nov 10 with 1204 viewskingslandstand1

The FA on 19:50 - Nov 10 by Sadoldgit

Me too. We can’t say “coloured” now? They should have just rapped his knuckles and sent him off on a diversity course

One bit I heard him say was that when he ws in America he was advised to use the term "people of colour" so what's wrong with coloured people etc.? It really is getting a bit daft now, but that's easy for me to say being a white caucasion male or whatever I am allowed to be called
The FA on 20:32 - Nov 10 with 1190 viewsBicester_North

What a joke. The bloke was actively campaigning against racism.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The FA on 20:44 - Nov 10 with 1178 viewskernow

Interesting comment from John Barnes who says that the whole point of the conversation and discussion about racism, sexism, homophobia and financial inequality within football has been lost now.
The FA on 20:52 - Nov 10 with 1163 viewsbattler

Absolutely spot on, on both counts.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 20:54]
The FA on 21:33 - Nov 10 with 1132 viewssaint22

Seriously? You didn’t know you don’t refer to people as ‘coloured”?
The FA on 21:41 - Nov 10 with 1127 viewsBicester_North

The FA on 21:33 - Nov 10 by saint22

Your click bait is a bit too obvious here Lauren.

Login to get fewer ads

The FA on 22:07 - Nov 10 with 1096 viewsTripleNiemi

So, if anyone calls me white or caucasion now i should be offended.....right??

I get what people are saying, but this really has gone bonkers now. Seriously, i mean bonkers.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 22:08]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The FA on 22:16 - Nov 10 with 1074 viewsRon11

The FA on 22:07 - Nov 10 by TripleNiemi

So, if anyone calls me white or caucasion now i should be offended.....right??

I get what people are saying, but this really has gone bonkers now. Seriously, i mean bonkers.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 22:08]

No.
You are 'non coloured', honkey.
The FA on 22:23 - Nov 10 with 1069 viewsRon11

Your grasp of the English language is minimal.
'Coloured' is the opposite of 'white' which means non coloured.
It's not an insult, racial slur or indeed a lie.
People refer to us in the now minority as 'white' - on your reasoning why is that not an insult?
The FA on 22:29 - Nov 10 with 1067 viewskingslandstand1

The FA on 22:23 - Nov 10 by Ron11

People refer to us in the now minority as 'white' - on your reasoning why is that not an insult?

I assume you don't expect a reply
The FA on 22:33 - Nov 10 with 1064 viewsBridders2

A person of colour.
A coloured person.

Can someone please tell me the difference?
The FA on 22:35 - Nov 10 with 1056 viewsRon11

The FA on 22:29 - Nov 10 by kingslandstand1

I assume you don't expect a reply

Well, not a coherent one.
The FA on 23:32 - Nov 10 with 1025 viewsSadoldgit

Yes seriously! What exactly is the difference between calling someone coloured and calling them a person of colour? It is the same thing surely? Why can you say someone is black but not coloured? I must have missed the memo but I am completely unaware that the c word is now apparently the same as the n word.
The FA on 06:22 - Nov 11 with 944 viewskernow

No real idea but guessing that labels such as "colored", sic, we're in used in Jim Crow segregation as well as a designation of mulatto people in apartheid laws.
The FA on 08:38 - Nov 11 with 877 viewssaint22

The FA on 22:23 - Nov 10 by Ron11

Its a generalisation
What i don't like on here is the amount of people that suddenly take affront when any form of racism is mentioned
there is NO argument for any racism in any way shape or form its simply not up for discussion
That is unless you have an issue with people who are of a different race.......
The FA on 08:43 - Nov 11 with 874 viewsSadoldgit

I find the while semantics thing quite odd. Surely no one is white and no one is black. We are all coloured. Coloured is also very generic whereas black and white is, black and white. White had long been seen to symbolise good and black evil. If I was a person of colour I would find coloured less offensive than black. Still, it is up to them to say what offends them I guess.

I was brought up near near Brixton in the 50’s at the time of Windrush. We always referred to them as “the coloureds” but not in a pejorative way. It was just a label used to described the new comers.

The term “people of colour” is clunky but means exactly the same thing as “coloured”. If one term is not acceptable I don’t understand how the other one is.

Perhaps it is time to have a worldwide definition of all colours and creeds that is acceptable to all and makes perfect sense?
The FA on 08:58 - Nov 11 with 862 viewskernow

Acceptable to all and makes perfect sense?
Like Saints winning the Premier League.
The FA on 09:10 - Nov 11 with 849 viewsBicester_North

The FA on 08:38 - Nov 11 by saint22

Its a generalisation
What i don't like on here is the amount of people that suddenly take affront when any form of racism is mentioned
there is NO argument for any racism in any way shape or form its simply not up for discussion

Ben, you are the most racist person on here

The FA on 09:46 - Nov 11 with 821 viewsRon11

The FA on 08:38 - Nov 11 by saint22

Its a generalisation

There are insults, like the N word and a few others - yes of course no place for that anywhere.
But this is ridiculous box ticking, grovelling nonsense.
Unfortunately it's starting to have the opposite effect, it's offending people who never even had a racist thought before. Most of the TV commercials are ramming it down our throats. The media are doing their best to push it in our faces at every opportunity.
The interview on the news last night with the legendary Joan Armatrading was completely over the top with it's 'so wonderful to talk to you' and 'amazing to have you here' that even Joan looked embarrassed at the constant patronising.That's not equality, that's just 'look at me, I'm being really nice to a non white person". If they can't see it, ordinary people of any colour can.
And if your comment about having an issue with people who are of a different race is aimed at me, perhaps you may not have seen my comments in the past - I've lived and worked in some of the toughest parts of the world, Angola, Nigeria, Libya, Yemen with the locals and I've found that there's good and bad in every race whatever the colour of their skin - with a fair share of white w*nkers. So no barbed comments required...
The FA on 09:53 - Nov 11 with 813 viewssaint22

The FA on 09:46 - Nov 11 by Ron11

There are insults, like the N word and a few others - yes of course no place for that anywhere.
But this is ridiculous box ticking, grovelling nonsense.
Unfortunately it's starting to have the opposite effect, it's offending people who never even had a racist thought before. Most of the TV commercials are ramming it down our throats. The media are doing their best to push it in our faces at every opportunity.
The interview on the news last night with the legendary Joan Armatrading was completely over the top with it's 'so wonderful to talk to you' and 'amazing to have you here' that even Joan looked embarrassed at the constant patronising.That's not equality, that's just 'look at me, I'm being really nice to a non white person". If they can't see it, ordinary people of any colour can.
And if your comment about having an issue with people who are of a different race is aimed at me, perhaps you may not have seen my comments in the past - I've lived and worked in some of the toughest parts of the world, Angola, Nigeria, Libya, Yemen with the locals and I've found that there's good and bad in every race whatever the colour of their skin - with a fair share of white w*nkers. So no barbed comments required...

Yes we know there is good and bad in every race but its how you refer to those races good or bad that needs to be questioned
I suppose at least there is a dialogue now, even if some still find it perplexing
Do you think I am a caucasian btw? Just asking like
The FA on 09:56 - Nov 11 with 808 viewsBicester_North

The FA on 09:53 - Nov 11 by saint22

Yes we know there is good and bad in every race but its how you refer to those races good or bad that needs to be questioned
I suppose at least there is a dialogue now, even if some still find it perplexing
Do you think I am a caucasian btw? Just asking like

Who cares whether you’re Caucasian or not? Your systemic race obsession is out of control.

The FA on 10:31 - Nov 11 with 792 viewssaint22

The FA on 09:56 - Nov 11 by Bicester_North

Who cares whether you’re Caucasian or not? Your systemic race obsession is out of control.

Case rested
The FA on 10:51 - Nov 11 with 781 viewsSadoldgit

I think the bottom line is is this bloke racist and should he lose his job? To me he just seems of that older generation who haven’t caught up with what you can or cannot say, but he has been working to kick racism out of football and he doesn’t strike me as a racist. He needs to be educated, not relieved of his duties.

Reading his comments again and some previous remarks, it does look like, for someone in his position, he is out of touch with the modern world. I’m surprised that no one sat him down a while back and explained what is and what isn’t acceptable.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 11:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024