Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Refunds 21:01 - Nov 16 with 1679 viewsSaintNick

Watching the Plymouth game on TV they have said that 90% of Plymouth fans have opted not to have their season tickets refunded for games they are missing.

Refreshing to hear that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Ticket Refunds on 21:04 - Nov 16 with 1384 viewsgreen

Presumably they have they deferred it for next season?

I would have preferred that as I get the odd bits of cash every now and then and I don't really notice 1/19 of the costs. I know I should set up a separate account to save the money for next season but in a way I'd rather the club had just kept my money for next season as I'll end up spending it without really noticing.
Season Ticket Refunds on 21:09 - Nov 16 with 1376 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's because their fans know that their club genuinely needs the money to survive.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Ticket Refunds on 22:06 - Nov 16 with 1317 viewsA1079

Funny enough Nick, I have only ever been a Saints member as I could never afford a season ticket but always purchased my membership every year even though, all too often, it made little difference to my ability to get a ticket for certain games. But, I had a sense of pride of being a Saints member - stupid I know, but I did.

Anyway, I did think, even though it would have been of little use this season I would have willingly renewed my membership for the same fee as last season especially if it would have helped the club in some small way.
Season Ticket Refunds on 23:08 - Nov 16 with 1290 viewsChesham_Saint

Season Ticket Refunds on 21:09 - Nov 16 by Saintsforeverj

It's because their fans know that their club genuinely needs the money to survive.

Good point, they don’t have the sky money or even the marketing turnover of Saints, let alone the Arsenals or Liverpools of this world..

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:40 - Nov 17 with 1181 viewssolent_toffee

After the restart, Everton offered season ticket holders the opportunity to donate percentages of their refund to Everton In The Community, they made a fortune for the charity to be fair.

For 20-21, they have three dates at the end of October, January and May where they offer the same deal for matches played during that period. Everything is done online and takes two minutes.

Everton = great off the pitch/not so good on it.
Season Ticket Refunds on 10:27 - Nov 17 with 1152 viewsSaintNick

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:40 - Nov 17 by solent_toffee

After the restart, Everton offered season ticket holders the opportunity to donate percentages of their refund to Everton In The Community, they made a fortune for the charity to be fair.

For 20-21, they have three dates at the end of October, January and May where they offer the same deal for matches played during that period. Everything is done online and takes two minutes.

Everton have done some great work in the community during lockdown, our fans have moaned about getting refunds and not financing a big company etc etc, Everton who as a club are unarguably a more corporate entity than Saints, dont seem to have that problem

Some season ticket holders have donated some money to charity but not in great numbers

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:33 - Nov 17 with 1146 viewssaints__fan__73

It's a good thing for Football League club fans to do when their clubs are on their arse as they rely on money from tickets.

I'm sure you're not barking mad enough to be saying that PL fans should be doing the same despite their clubs getting over 80% of revenue from TV money?

For our fans it would be a bit silly asking them to chip in a few quid to a club that pissed away over £30m on player who stepped on the field 10 times and even in the middle of the pandemic spent around another £30m in transfer fees and wages on two players we have yet to see anything other than a few minutes from.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 10:34]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:34 - Nov 17 with 1138 viewsButty101

Smaller clubs have fans, Premier league clubs have customers.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:38 - Nov 17 with 1136 viewsChesham_Saint

As mottos go that should be emblazoned on the Toffee’s crest (just below that cell block thingy) thus:

‘Non magna in opere, melius domi’

And here’s one for your near neighbours:

‘Mendacium, fraus et semper contentiones’
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 11:33]

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:06 - Nov 17 with 1097 viewsSaintNick

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:34 - Nov 17 by Butty101

Smaller clubs have fans, Premier league clubs have customers.

Thats not quite true, Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea/Arsenal & Spurs have the most active of supporters groups and battle the Premier League to instigate change

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:45 - Nov 17 with 1068 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:06 - Nov 17 by SaintNick

Thats not quite true, Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea/Arsenal & Spurs have the most active of supporters groups and battle the Premier League to instigate change

shame most have never been to a home match

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:51 - Nov 17 with 1058 viewsPatfromPoole

Was there any mention last night of what Plymouth’s opponents’ fans have done on this?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:51 - Nov 17 with 1060 viewsChesham_Saint

Change in their favour or change for the common good?

Why is the Salford club not on that list?

Season Ticket Refunds on 14:04 - Nov 17 with 1025 viewsButty101

Im going to disagree with you there - plymouths fans are the lifeblood of the club and is what keeps it ticking over. The top clubs you mentioned there, would probably happily lose the fans that have been coming for 40 years and swap them with a day tripper that will spend money in the store.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Season Ticket Refunds on 16:31 - Nov 17 with 980 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket Refunds on 14:04 - Nov 17 by Butty101

Im going to disagree with you there - plymouths fans are the lifeblood of the club and is what keeps it ticking over. The top clubs you mentioned there, would probably happily lose the fans that have been coming for 40 years and swap them with a day tripper that will spend money in the store.

so very true

Season Ticket Refunds on 00:02 - Nov 18 with 878 viewsMytchettSaint

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:51 - Nov 17 by PatfromPoole

Was there any mention last night of what Plymouth’s opponents’ fans have done on this?

I’ve been told by a Pompey ST holder I know that they paid something like £25 to book their season ticket and pay nothing further until fans are allowed back in - at which point the cost of each game they can attend will be deducted from their bank account. To be fair to them, if I’ve got that correct I think that’s quite a good and sensible way of dealing with it.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:19 - Nov 18 with 804 viewsChesham_Saint

Season Ticket Refunds on 00:02 - Nov 18 by MytchettSaint

I’ve been told by a Pompey ST holder I know that they paid something like £25 to book their season ticket and pay nothing further until fans are allowed back in - at which point the cost of each game they can attend will be deducted from their bank account. To be fair to them, if I’ve got that correct I think that’s quite a good and sensible way of dealing with it.

They PAY to watch that shite?!

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:37 - Nov 18 with 789 viewsPatfromPoole

I agree, I think that’s a good way of doing it.

Their cashflow must be taking a bit of a jolt, mind.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Season Ticket Refunds on 11:50 - Nov 18 with 761 viewsMytchettSaint

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:37 - Nov 18 by PatfromPoole

I agree, I think that’s a good way of doing it.

Their cashflow must be taking a bit of a jolt, mind.....

Since when did balancing the books bother that lot...
Rack up debts, go bust, reform - repeat.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Season Ticket Refunds on 12:19 - Nov 18 with 740 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:19 - Nov 18 by Chesham_Saint

They PAY to watch that shite?!

well they handover some of the massive Universal Benefit and other allowances skate scum live on

Season Ticket Refunds on 13:01 - Nov 18 with 719 viewsfranniesTache

But how are they going to cope when the 125k people that paid £25 suddenly all expect a ticket to "the old girl"? I mean not all of them can make excuses about having syphilis, boycotting for some unknown reason, the weather being wrong or some other act of PASHHHOOOOON us scummers could never understand
Season Ticket Refunds on 13:13 - Nov 18 with 712 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Ticket Refunds on 13:01 - Nov 18 by franniesTache

But how are they going to cope when the 125k people that paid £25 suddenly all expect a ticket to "the old girl"? I mean not all of them can make excuses about having syphilis, boycotting for some unknown reason, the weather being wrong or some other act of PASHHHOOOOON us scummers could never understand

is that why they installed extra drainpipes

Season Ticket Refunds on 16:28 - Nov 18 with 689 viewsfranniesTache

Season Ticket Refunds on 13:13 - Nov 18 by dwayne_dibley

is that why they installed extra drainpipes

You could never understand their extra drainpipes scummer, they measure their waterflow in PASSHHHOOOON something a scummer can never understand.
Season Ticket Refunds on 15:10 - Nov 19 with 566 viewsSaintsforeverj

To be fair to Saints, I am more than happy (and maybe surprised) with the excellent way the club has dealt with this pandemic. I have received all my refunds, well in time plus the 30 pounds voucher. I know a ST holder who didn't receive their voucher, so as a gesture, the club gave him 5 pounds more and he reveived a 35 pounds voucher. This is good, and makes people more likely to spend at the club (merchandise / St's) in future, if they feel valued.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Ticket Refunds on 18:06 - Nov 19 with 532 viewsBerber

Whilst content with the way the club are dealing with this, I would rather they retained the money on account against next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024