Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP and England 22:38 - Nov 18 with 1099 viewsA1079

As much as I am a fan of JWP and I have been delighted with his performances last season and thus far this, I thought the reason he ruled himself out of the England squad because of a supposed injury, but here we are with photos of him looking good in training. I think he may have put a nail in the coffin of being considered for next years tournament.

Putting aside that he is one of our players I have never been happy with players of any club that drop out of Internationals with spurious injuries and then seem conveniently available and fit for the next club game.
JWP and England on 00:13 - Nov 19 with 1053 viewsTimSaint

I understand he was withdrawn as a precautionary measure - whether that was genuine or not, who knows.

If it was precautionary, then I doubt the injury would have been that severe and I would expect him to be fit for Wolves, 2 weeks later.

As much as I like seeing our players representing their countries, I wasn't particularly concerned that JWP and Ings missed this international break. Let's face it, they would probably both played in the meaningless friendly v Ireland, if fit, then been on the bench for the other games.

If JWP was not full fit, then I would much rather he rehabilitated and trained with Saints, than get treated by England medics, travel abroad, mix with other players, get tapped up by players from other / bigger clubs, or like Salah and a few other players, contract covid whilst away.

TimSaint

JWP and England on 09:56 - Nov 19 with 922 viewskingslandstand1

I'm with Tim Saint on this one.

As I said in a previous post when he announced his withdrawal he would probably only have been on the bench, maybe coming on with 20 mins to go against Ireland, but with the love in with the youngsters in midfield that Southgate seems to be building the team around for the Euros, I wasn't at all worried about him not wearing that white shirt

Afraid I'm now a club before country man which I haven't been in the past

But Danny at least should get back in the squad otherwise I fear he may go for the big move to get back in
JWP and England on 10:01 - Nov 19 with 918 viewsstmichael

Yes I agree..
Always admired Gareth Bale.. Best player in the world and turned up for everything friendlies included...

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

JWP and England on 10:03 - Nov 19 with 916 viewsMessysaints

JWP and England on 09:56 - Nov 19 by kingslandstand1

I'm with Tim Saint on this one.

As I said in a previous post when he announced his withdrawal he would probably only have been on the bench, maybe coming on with 20 mins to go against Ireland, but with the love in with the youngsters in midfield that Southgate seems to be building the team around for the Euros, I wasn't at all worried about him not wearing that white shirt

Afraid I'm now a club before country man which I haven't been in the past

But Danny at least should get back in the squad otherwise I fear he may go for the big move to get back in

Personally think he should just retire, never get a place in a meaning full game even if he wins the The Ballon d'Or. Have to playing at a fashionable club like a top 6 club to play for England, even if your playing really badly or not even featured in the first team all season.... JWP has been one of the most inform players in the EPL since the start of last season, and one of the best in the league.
JWP and England on 14:54 - Nov 20 with 773 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

JWP and England on 10:03 - Nov 19 by Messysaints

Personally think he should just retire, never get a place in a meaning full game even if he wins the The Ballon d'Or. Have to playing at a fashionable club like a top 6 club to play for England, even if your playing really badly or not even featured in the first team all season.... JWP has been one of the most inform players in the EPL since the start of last season, and one of the best in the league.

What a complete load of rubbish, ie Soton are sooooo unlucky.

Just off the top of my head from watching the game the other night

Mings ; Villa
Grealish : Villa
Pickford : Everton
Rice : West Ham

So, what is that? over 35% of the starting lineup from outside the top six then?

Seriously, the emotional outbursts and lack of reasoning on this site is beyond ridiculous.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

JWP and England on 14:56 - Nov 20 with 778 viewsChesham_Saint

JWP and England on 14:54 - Nov 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mings ; Villa

So, what is that? over 35% of the starting lineup from outside the top six then?

Seriously, the emotional outbursts and lack of reasoning on this site is beyond ridiculous.

Oooh, she’s back.

Looking for a new bed spread?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

JWP and England on 15:28 - Nov 20 with 761 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mings ; Villa

and to expand this further with the current squad

Pope : Burnley
Keane : Everton
Calvert Lewin : Everton

So that is 7 out of a 22 man squad ie almost a third, yeh . . . but lets kid ourselves that your players never get picked because they are not a top 6 club

Pompey had 3 players in the starting line-up in 07 or 08, with another player coming on as sub. It's got nothing to do with not being a top 6 club.

Just maybe, your players aren't good enough eh?

JWP and England on 16:30 - Nov 20 with 727 viewscocklebreath

JWP and England on 15:28 - Nov 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So that is 7 out of a 22 man squad ie almost a third, yeh . . . but lets kid ourselves that your players never get picked because they are not a top 6 club

Pompey had 3 players in the starting line-up in 07 or 08, with another player coming on as sub. It's got nothing to do with not being a top 6 club.

In the 2 years Ralph has been at the club JWP has scored 15 goals only De bruyne has scored more 16 . JWP is essentially a defensive midfielder, he should be a shoe in with his current form.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP and England on 18:58 - Nov 20 with 683 viewsdirk_doone

I see Worzel 130 is back with his bullsh!tting. He clearly needs to face reality again:

Capped for England as players for the club:

Southampton

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Flowers
Fraser Forster
C B Fry
Kelly Houlker
Danny Ings
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
Alex McCarthy
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Little Pompey

Jim Allen
Sol Campbell
Peter Crouch
Dan Cunliffe
Jermain Defoe
Jimmy Dickinson
Jack Froggatt
Peter Harris
Mark Hateley
Kelly Houlker
David James
Glen Johnson
Arthur Knight
Len Phillips
Jack Smith
Fred Worrall

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP and England on 21:52 - Nov 20 with 642 viewsMessysaints

Mings ; Villa

whu, London club, and lets be fair, JWP has been one of the best DMs in the league and most on form DM since... Ralph joined, why is Rice being picked ahead?

Everton, are a top club, with some very good players who was 4 weeks ago tipped to win the league before being brought back to reality by us.

Grealish is only now in the team due to pressure from the media and fans, how on earth is the best AM for the last 3 - 4 years still not being picked over Mount who is only being picked cause he plays at chelsea not cause he is better than Grealish.......

Mings is only in cause Englands CB's are bang average, in fact, thats putting average CBs down, they are worst than average.....

Pickford, i think every one agrees he should be dropped... his club form is attrocious and he is very reckless.

dont even get me started on the future stars from the big clubs... so proud to play for England they cant even follow simple covid rules.

But lets not forget Englands true starting line up with no Grealish, No Rice and no Mings...

only Pickford is first choice of all the names you mention, Kane, Rashford, Stering is first choice front 3, Henderson and mount in CM with 2 Wing back, back 3 is Dier, Walker and Maguire... Only none top 6 player is Pickford who is argueably one of the worst keepers in the league atm
JWP and England on 21:57 - Nov 20 with 637 viewsBicester_North

JWP and England on 15:28 - Nov 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You’re really angry at the moment aren’t you. Tears on your keyboard

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

JWP and England on 23:01 - Nov 20 with 612 viewsdirk_doone

JWP and England on 21:57 - Nov 20 by Bicester_North

Tears on his pillow:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/265030/130yrs-i-found-y

PS Did the frail weakling leader of the 6.57 EVER win a fight against anyone in his entire life? The truth is he was pathetic and couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag.

His big moment was kicking a pinball machine at a black club in Derby, when it was empty and then spending the rest of the night, with his 6.57 "crew", being chased all over Derby for doing so.

#The Truth about Portsmyths#
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 10:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP and England on 10:07 - Nov 21 with 521 viewsChesham_Saint

JWP and England on 23:01 - Nov 20 by dirk_doone

Tears on his pillow:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/265030/130yrs-i-found-y

PS Did the frail weakling leader of the 6.57 EVER win a fight against anyone in his entire life? The truth is he was pathetic and couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag.

His big moment was kicking a pinball machine at a black club in Derby, when it was empty and then spending the rest of the night, with his 6.57 "crew", being chased all over Derby for doing so.

#The Truth about Portsmyths#
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 10:43]

Wasn't this guy (jokingly) put forward to be an MP at one stage?

Independence from Hampshire and duty free on the Gosport ferry being key points of his manifesto if I recall correctly.

You really couldn't make it up - their [oh so] terrifying mob were a complete caricature of a caricature of pantomime characters.

And now we get 130 mincing on stage late, as Buttons...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

JWP and England on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 489 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

JWP and England on 21:57 - Nov 20 by Bicester_North

Les is finally happy and using his favourite emoticon.

How is the walking football going?

JWP and England on 14:41 - Nov 21 with 487 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

JWP and England on 21:52 - Nov 20 by Messysaints

whu, London club, and lets be fair, JWP has been one of the best DMs in the league and most on form DM since... Ralph joined, why is Rice being picked ahead?

Everton, are a top club, with some very good players who was 4 weeks ago tipped to win the league before being brought back to reality by us.

Grealish is only now in the team due to pressure from the media and fans, how on earth is the best AM for the last 3 - 4 years still not being picked over Mount who is only being picked cause he plays at chelsea not cause he is better than Grealish.......

Mings is only in cause Englands CB's are bang average, in fact, thats putting average CBs down, they are worst than average.....

Pickford, i think every one agrees he should be dropped... his club form is attrocious and he is very reckless.

dont even get me started on the future stars from the big clubs... so proud to play for England they cant even follow simple covid rules.

But lets not forget Englands true starting line up with no Grealish, No Rice and no Mings...

only Pickford is first choice of all the names you mention, Kane, Rashford, Stering is first choice front 3, Henderson and mount in CM with 2 Wing back, back 3 is Dier, Walker and Maguire... Only none top 6 player is Pickford who is argueably one of the worst keepers in the league atm

Prowse has just had a purple patch, has finally played all 38 games in a season. And now he has been picked. So, that sounds rather fair. His goals mainly come from penalties and free kicks. On the down-side he is pretty slow, and he has only just peaked at 25/26.

Grealish is a bit younger, and has been banging on the door for a while. Unlike Prowse, he is a game-changer, and something different, he literally has something that no other player has got. Perhaps if he hadn’t stayed with his club and spent 2 years on the Championship he would have had more caps.

Rice has already had seasons of 34 and 38 games, and he is only 21. So, it’s not just the England manager who can see his potential, it’s his club. He is the long term future, and will be hitting his peak when Prowse is looking to retire. The England manager is quite rightly mainly looking at the young players, but will include older ones hitting form. What is being a London club got to do with anything?

Pope will just slot in, when the cries for Pickford to get dropped get louder. I do expect Henderson to be the long term future though.

Calvert Lewin has a big future, and will play a lot of games for England. Another non -top six layer.

We might have average CB’s, but Mings is still getting picked ahead of top six players.

Almost a third of our squad are from non top six players. The situation is healthy, despite what you lot are trying to claim.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024