Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans back in December 15:19 - Nov 23 with 2845 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

Anybody know what tier Southampton is in? Will be interested to see how they decide who can go.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans back in December on 11:30 - Nov 25 with 832 viewsPaleRider

I wouldn't want to go without a full(ish) stadium and away fans. It just wouldn't be the same.

I also think that having different allocations of fans in the stadium - either in absolute numbers or relative to the size of the stadium - is inherently unfair. Given that the Premier League teams generate relatively little from gate receipts I would still continue with no fans.

Championship is more difficult but from League One downwards and into the tiers of non-league football, I would have fans back but as a percentage of their capacities.
Fans back in December on 12:43 - Nov 25 with 805 viewsSaintNick

Fans back in December on 11:30 - Nov 25 by PaleRider

I wouldn't want to go without a full(ish) stadium and away fans. It just wouldn't be the same.

I also think that having different allocations of fans in the stadium - either in absolute numbers or relative to the size of the stadium - is inherently unfair. Given that the Premier League teams generate relatively little from gate receipts I would still continue with no fans.

Championship is more difficult but from League One downwards and into the tiers of non-league football, I would have fans back but as a percentage of their capacities.

I agree I wouldn't want to go to an empty stadium normally, but these are not normal times

But i would disagree with the fact that gate receipts are a small part of the income.

30,000 at St Mary's still generates best part of a £1 million per game in just gate receipts alone. so that is £19 million out of a turnover of around £140 million, for Liverpool it is probably double that

But it isn't just the gate receipts it is how much is generated from those in attendance, merchadising etc and that is where the big clubs truly score

Not to mention advertising, yes clubs are still getting income from the TV pitch adverts but losing a hell of a lot from advertising in other areas ie facing the crowd or in the programme etc, Saints are small fry, the big clubs it is even more important to.

For Saints £19 million is the difference between making a profit or loss and being able to afford a player.

For Liverpool £38 million is still best part of a major signing.

In short without fans things are evened up a bit, the bulk of our income is the Premier League placing and the TV money, but that is not the case for the Big Six

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans back in December on 07:43 - Nov 26 with 730 viewsSalisburySaint

looks likely that both Southampton and Salisbury will be Tier 2, so only 2,000 fans allowed at St.Mary's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55078888

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 7:59]
Fans back in December on 18:36 - Nov 27 with 650 viewsSalisburySaint

Club gearing up for allocating tickets, just received this email

we’re delighted to confirm that we can finally welcome fans back to St Mary’s, with measures in place to keep you safe.

With Southampton in tier 2 of the government’s local restriction tier system, the club will be able to allow a maximum of 2,000 supporters into the stadium for our match against Sheffield United on Sunday 13th December.

You previously confirmed that you would like to be considered for selection to attend matches in October and November. To retain the same details and group you may have previously selected for the match against Sheffield United, and further fixtures in December and January, no further action is required. If you wish to amend this, please complete the form using the button below.
Fans back in December on 18:43 - Nov 27 with 646 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans back in December on 18:36 - Nov 27 by SalisburySaint

Club gearing up for allocating tickets, just received this email

we’re delighted to confirm that we can finally welcome fans back to St Mary’s, with measures in place to keep you safe.

With Southampton in tier 2 of the government’s local restriction tier system, the club will be able to allow a maximum of 2,000 supporters into the stadium for our match against Sheffield United on Sunday 13th December.

You previously confirmed that you would like to be considered for selection to attend matches in October and November. To retain the same details and group you may have previously selected for the match against Sheffield United, and further fixtures in December and January, no further action is required. If you wish to amend this, please complete the form using the button below.

Yep, received same email. I have stated my wish to attend against Sheff Utd, but with my family as a bubble. If we can't all go (which would be understandable with only 2000 allocation), I won't go.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 18:44]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fans back in December on 19:35 - Nov 27 with 622 viewsericofarabia

Fans back in December on 18:43 - Nov 27 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, received same email. I have stated my wish to attend against Sheff Utd, but with my family as a bubble. If we can't all go (which would be understandable with only 2000 allocation), I won't go.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 18:44]

P!ssed off that Leigh comes under Greater Manc Tier 3. Was hoping to see Saints B team v Man u U23 at Leigh Sports Village next month. ☹️
Fans back in December on 23:58 - Nov 27 with 587 viewsgreen

I've not received an email, does this mean I'm not going to make the first 2,000?
Fans back in December on 07:08 - Nov 28 with 567 viewsSalisburySaint

Fans back in December on 23:58 - Nov 27 by green

I've not received an email, does this mean I'm not going to make the first 2,000?

Could be your email address the club had is wrong, or they are sending them out in batches.

Apparently some fans have been phoned, but I wasn’t
Login to get fewer ads

Fans back in December on 09:05 - Nov 28 with 547 viewssaintwizzler

Interesting. How much does it cost to stage a match then?

‘Barber says the ground would need to be at least 25 per cent full — around 7,500 fans — before hosting matches would start to become financially viable.’

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/brighton-chairman-welcomes-psychological-

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Fans back in December on 21:30 - Nov 28 with 493 viewshedgeend61

Chelsea taking the p1ss already,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13323870/chelsea-ticket-price-leeds-fans

75 sovs to watch Leeds on Saturday
Fans back in December on 11:45 - Nov 29 with 459 viewsBerber

Fans back in December on 09:05 - Nov 28 by saintwizzler

Interesting. How much does it cost to stage a match then?

‘Barber says the ground would need to be at least 25 per cent full — around 7,500 fans — before hosting matches would start to become financially viable.’

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/brighton-chairman-welcomes-psychological-

Sounds like bullocks to me. How many people required to steward 2000 to 4000 people into one stand? Plus a bit for sweeping the stands and cleaning the loos and turnstiles afterwards. No catering, usher people in, steward, usher them out. If it takes 7500 at £25 a pop, say £180,000. Thats an awful lot of cleaning and stewarding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024