Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Limited crowds allowed back at football in December 15:24 - Nov 23 with 906 viewsdirk_doone

It looks like the tier system will mean that southern teams will be allowed to have crowds but most northern teams won't. So, we can expect plenty of whingeing from Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lockdown-tiers-map-covid-restric
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:02 - Nov 23 with 844 viewsKennington

What’s strange about this is the U.K. is up there with the US, Brazil etc. as having the highest cases and the highest mortality in the world. Not just the western world but the entire world. It’s mystifying to me why the government isn’t trying to at least get us on a par with our European neighbours before we do stuff like going to football. Arguably only Spain is as bad as us. The truth is the U.K. has performed abysmally and had never got to grips with covid. This is pure madness.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:35 - Nov 23 with 812 viewsBerber

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:02 - Nov 23 by Kennington

What’s strange about this is the U.K. is up there with the US, Brazil etc. as having the highest cases and the highest mortality in the world. Not just the western world but the entire world. It’s mystifying to me why the government isn’t trying to at least get us on a par with our European neighbours before we do stuff like going to football. Arguably only Spain is as bad as us. The truth is the U.K. has performed abysmally and had never got to grips with covid. This is pure madness.

It's all about managing the level of deaths until a vaccine came along. It's not about minimising the risk.
Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:42 - Nov 23 with 802 viewsChesham_Saint

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:02 - Nov 23 by Kennington

You say the worst in the world Ken, but do you really think the data that’s coming from Africa and South America is accurate?

Many of the cities in countries on those continents have massive overcrowding and very limited medical facilities. It seems to me that if say, just a couple of people in a favela or township got it then it would spread like wildfire and their government would either be too corrupt or under resourced to report it fully.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 774 viewskingslandstand1

I hope my name doesn't get pulled out of the hat! I'd rather have my £37 back that sit in a near empty stadium without your mates as how can an atmosphere be created with just 2 or 4k in a 30k stadium
Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:14 - Nov 23 with 765 viewsChesham_Saint

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:05 - Nov 23 by kingslandstand1

I hope my name doesn't get pulled out of the hat! I'd rather have my £37 back that sit in a near empty stadium without your mates as how can an atmosphere be created with just 2 or 4k in a 30k stadium

I think I’m with you on that one Kings. I’d have a 230 mile round trip and it would be a soulless experience...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:15 - Nov 23 with 764 viewsBLEEDRED

What a stupid decision, Klopy will have a breakdown if Liverpool can't have fans but London clubs can.
Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 757 viewsBerber

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:05 - Nov 23 by kingslandstand1

I'd happily forgo the atmosphere to see live football rather than watch it on TV.
Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 17:22 - Nov 23 with 752 viewsKennington

Limited crowds allowed back at football in December on 16:42 - Nov 23 by Chesham_Saint

You say the worst in the world Ken, but do you really think the data that’s coming from Africa and South America is accurate?

Many of the cities in countries on those continents have massive overcrowding and very limited medical facilities. It seems to me that if say, just a couple of people in a favela or township got it then it would spread like wildfire and their government would either be too corrupt or under resourced to report it fully.

Fair point. Think we should at least get nearer to the levels of our western neighbours, and obviously not thinking we’ll achieve the success of the outliers like Taiwan and S. Korea. I’m suggesting we at least get out of the ‘Top 5’ list of shame. Plenty on that list like Portugal, Netherlands, Ireland and even France that will have decent data and have done much better than us. Even the USA has done better.

Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Truth is when there’s an inquiry in years to come, this government is going to be absolutely taken apart for its recklessness. I reckon it’s high time the British population realise how badly we’re doing on a global scale.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024