Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window 13:55 - Nov 24 with 1110 viewssaint22

Another CB?? One who can actually play for us?

Or this chap?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55042483

January transfer window on 14:41 - Nov 24 with 1070 viewsDorsetIan

Think we need some cover at right back for when Bertrand is out.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

January transfer window on 14:55 - Nov 24 with 1059 viewssaint22

January transfer window on 14:41 - Nov 24 by DorsetIan

Or left back even ;)
January transfer window on 15:06 - Nov 24 with 1053 viewsDorsetIan

January transfer window on 14:55 - Nov 24 by saint22

Or left back even ;)

Ah, yes!

January transfer window on 15:13 - Nov 24 with 1046 viewsBerber

January transfer window on 14:41 - Nov 24 by DorsetIan

Why not Vokins?
January transfer window on 17:15 - Nov 24 with 1013 viewsDorsetIan

January transfer window on 15:13 - Nov 24 by Berber

Why not Vokins?

I haven't seen enough of him to form a view but he wasn't picked against Newcastle - going with an out of position Stephens instead - so unless he's injured, I'm assuming he's not quite ready for that role.

I don't know much about Vokins - are you a fan?

January transfer window on 17:40 - Nov 24 with 993 viewsBicester_North

January transfer window on 17:15 - Nov 24 by DorsetIan

I haven't seen enough of him to form a view but he wasn't picked against Newcastle - going with an out of position Stephens instead - so unless he's injured, I'm assuming he's not quite ready for that role.

Vokins was injured for the Newcastle match. The club gave him a 4 year contract in August so he must be rated.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

January transfer window on 19:30 - Nov 24 with 945 viewsBerber

January transfer window on 17:15 - Nov 24 by DorsetIan

I've only seen his 1st team appearances, so not much to go on, but he seemed pretty competent and I'd like to see him get more time on the pitch. I was disappointed that Stephens got the nod at LB, which he did "old school". I wouldn't like to see him there again.
January transfer window on 20:08 - Nov 24 with 927 viewsKennington

Cover at CB and cover for Romeu. Obviously as always we can strengthen any number of positions but those are probably the two weaknesses. That’s assuming Ings will be fit soonish. Otherwise a striker would be top priority.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window on 20:25 - Nov 24 with 919 viewsBicester_North

January transfer window on 20:08 - Nov 24 by Kennington

Cover at CB and cover for Romeu. Obviously as always we can strengthen any number of positions but those are probably the two weaknesses. That’s assuming Ings will be fit soonish. Otherwise a striker would be top priority.

Diallo supposed to be cover for Romeu isn’t he? And can’t see them looking for another CB unless Salisu never materialises.
Reckon we could do with a left sided midfielder, unless Djnepo improves.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 20:26]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

January transfer window on 20:35 - Nov 24 with 899 viewsgrumpy

January transfer window on 20:25 - Nov 24 by Bicester_North

Diallo supposed to be cover for Romeu isn’t he? And can’t see them looking for another CB unless Salisu never materialises.
Reckon we could do with a left sided midfielder, unless Djnepo improves.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 20:26]

What's the latest on Salisu?
Will he even get a game?
January transfer window on 10:27 - Nov 25 with 800 viewssaint22

January transfer window on 20:35 - Nov 24 by grumpy

What's the latest on Salisu?
Will he even get a game?

Rumour has it that Salisu is an expensive Danso
January transfer window on 11:21 - Nov 25 with 788 viewsHeisenberg

January transfer window on 10:27 - Nov 25 by saint22

Ffs do you ever stop whining. Salisu is 21 years old and has clearly struggled a bit since his arrival. Whether it’s because of injury or COVID or personal issues Ralph has said he is getting there and is developing and learning the way he wants him to play. You have written him off before he has kicked a ball

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

January transfer window on 11:37 - Nov 25 with 784 viewsDorsetIan

January transfer window on 11:21 - Nov 25 by Heisenberg

Ffs do you ever stop whining. Salisu is 21 years old and has clearly struggled a bit since his arrival. Whether it’s because of injury or COVID or personal issues Ralph has said he is getting there and is developing and learning the way he wants him to play. You have written him off before he has kicked a ball

He's a central defender isn't he?

We seem to have found a good pairing in Bednarek and Vestergaard, so Salisu would be waiting for his place even if he was ready.

January transfer window on 11:38 - Nov 25 with 780 viewsPaleRider

Exactly - none of us know the circumstances. Knocking a 21 year old who has recently moved to a foreign country from behind the anonymity of a keyboard is frankly cowardly.

We are meant to SUPPORT Saints as a football team. They are currently fifth in the Premier League and playing attractive football with a manager who has done great things and a relatively young squad. Yet some people just want to moan, moan, moan without ever coming up with positive suggestions.
January transfer window on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 756 viewsSaintNick

January transfer window on 11:38 - Nov 25 by PaleRider

Exactly - none of us know the circumstances. Knocking a 21 year old who has recently moved to a foreign country from behind the anonymity of a keyboard is frankly cowardly.

We are meant to SUPPORT Saints as a football team. They are currently fifth in the Premier League and playing attractive football with a manager who has done great things and a relatively young squad. Yet some people just want to moan, moan, moan without ever coming up with positive suggestions.

Spot on, too many people are quick to look for the negatives in any situation and not the positives.

People need to look at what the word Supporter means

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

January transfer window on 16:19 - Nov 25 with 681 viewsTimSaint

Rumour has it ?

Is it a rumour that you are trying to create and spread, or are there actually some facts, evidence, or articles that you are basing your "rumour" on ?

We would all like a more detailed explanation from the club regarding Salisu, but didn't Vestergaard recently confirm he had been training for the last few weeks ? He also appeared in training photos on the OS recently.

I'm sure RH will pick him when he feels he is ready, but at the moment our CB pairing is doing quite well and would be difficult to simply change because an untried player is fit.

Be patient and I'm sure we will see him on the bench sometime soon, but remember RH doesn't tend to select too many defensive options on his benches.

TimSaint

January transfer window on 17:26 - Nov 25 with 665 viewscocklebreath

Knob

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

January transfer window on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 661 viewssaint22

Its a gag pal
ffs the irony is not lost here is it
January transfer window on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 657 viewsChesham_Saint

January transfer window on 17:29 - Nov 25 by saint22

Its a gag pal
ffs the irony is not lost here is it

Look on the bright side 22, at least you’re not being caned on politics this time....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024