Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Door Matt 06:38 - Nov 25 with 2058 viewssaint22

Hilarious
Although how this guy still has a job...........?!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/guided-followed-down-the-covid-
Door Matt on 08:32 - Nov 25 with 1522 viewsSadoldgit

If only there was a vaccine against incompetence. There seems to be some strange alignment of the plants where the advent of Brexit and Covid has also brought about the most inept PM and cabinet we have had for a lifetime. Still, as with our journey to Division One, we have to believe that this will eventually turn around and that better times are on the horizon.
Door Matt on 09:06 - Nov 25 with 1492 viewsKennington

Name a current conservative MP that would do a better job? I think Hancock has been ok, far from great but not that terrible either. His big failings were at the start with not having proper stocks of PPE stockpiles and the care home fiasco. I doubt Hancock had any decision making powers over the dates of the lockdowns. Imagine a great deal of his work involves compromise with the Treasury and Number 10.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Door Matt on 09:18 - Nov 25 with 1485 viewssolent_toffee

Door Matt on 09:06 - Nov 25 by Kennington

Name a current conservative MP that would do a better job? I think Hancock has been ok, far from great but not that terrible either. His big failings were at the start with not having proper stocks of PPE stockpiles and the care home fiasco. I doubt Hancock had any decision making powers over the dates of the lockdowns. Imagine a great deal of his work involves compromise with the Treasury and Number 10.

He’s not been great, that’s clear to see, but he never hides, week in week out, he is there to be battered by the public, with little support from his team mates and his manager. He actually sometimes looks like he gives a monkeys when his team mates don’t.

At the end of the day, he doesn’t pick himself and would probably benefit from a move to a lower league position.

He is the footballing equivalent of which player (I’m wracking my brain, but can’t think of one).
Door Matt on 09:20 - Nov 25 with 1483 views1885_SFC

Door Matt on 09:18 - Nov 25 by solent_toffee

He’s not been great, that’s clear to see, but he never hides, week in week out, he is there to be battered by the public, with little support from his team mates and his manager. He actually sometimes looks like he gives a monkeys when his team mates don’t.

At the end of the day, he doesn’t pick himself and would probably benefit from a move to a lower league position.

He is the footballing equivalent of which player (I’m wracking my brain, but can’t think of one).

Brett Ormerod?...

Old School is Cool

Door Matt on 09:23 - Nov 25 with 1477 viewssolent_toffee

Door Matt on 09:20 - Nov 25 by 1885_SFC

Brett Ormerod?...

He didn’t get that much stick did he? Not on the F Off Fuller levels!

Btw, Brett is now a DHL delivery driver in Preston.
Door Matt on 09:37 - Nov 25 with 1453 viewsKennington

I see Hancock as a Carlton Palmer. Always there but not really sure if he’s making the right moves. Certainly a trier and doesn’t go missing.

Door Matt on 09:45 - Nov 25 with 1447 views1885_SFC

Door Matt on 09:23 - Nov 25 by solent_toffee

He didn’t get that much stick did he? Not on the F Off Fuller levels!

Btw, Brett is now a DHL delivery driver in Preston.

You couldn't dislike Ormerod. He ran around & put a shift in whenever he was picked. If everyone had put the shift in he did - we would have won the league! [*cough].

He just didn't have the ability.

Nice to hear he's still running around like a mad man - albeit in a DHL van these days.

Old School is Cool

Door Matt on 09:55 - Nov 25 with 1439 viewsRon11

Door Matt on 08:32 - Nov 25 by Sadoldgit

If only there was a vaccine against incompetence. There seems to be some strange alignment of the plants where the advent of Brexit and Covid has also brought about the most inept PM and cabinet we have had for a lifetime. Still, as with our journey to Division One, we have to believe that this will eventually turn around and that better times are on the horizon.

Diane Abbott for Health Secretary.
Sorry, secretariat..
Login to get fewer ads

Door Matt on 10:12 - Nov 25 with 1417 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 09:18 - Nov 25 by solent_toffee

Reminds me of Ali Dia, lied his way in and now shown up as clueless and shouldn't be near the game
Door Matt on 10:31 - Nov 25 with 1395 viewssolent_toffee

Door Matt on 09:37 - Nov 25 by Kennington

I see Hancock as a Carlton Palmer. Always there but not really sure if he’s making the right moves. Certainly a trier and doesn’t go missing.

Good shout on Carlton Palmer, a scapegoat in Graham Taylor’s England team.
Door Matt on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 1353 viewsPaleRider

As mentioned on another post, I'm not a fan of this government (with some exceptions) but Matt Hancock is undoubtedly being scapegoated. I'm not sure that anyone else could have done any better when the direction is being set by Boris. Let's face it even SAGE don't help the messaging by giving out data that is not relevant to the situation at the time. However, this is not helped by the Covid deniers and people who just don't believe that Covid applies to them - how can Matt Hancock be held responsible for that?
Door Matt on 12:47 - Nov 25 with 1306 viewsSadoldgit

I thought that Palmer did well for us.
Door Matt on 14:13 - Nov 25 with 1259 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 11:33 - Nov 25 by PaleRider

As mentioned on another post, I'm not a fan of this government (with some exceptions) but Matt Hancock is undoubtedly being scapegoated. I'm not sure that anyone else could have done any better when the direction is being set by Boris. Let's face it even SAGE don't help the messaging by giving out data that is not relevant to the situation at the time. However, this is not helped by the Covid deniers and people who just don't believe that Covid applies to them - how can Matt Hancock be held responsible for that?

hence the nickname
he should tell BoJo to grow a pair and get out there himself
Door Matt on 14:29 - Nov 25 with 1232 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 12:47 - Nov 25 by Sadoldgit

I thought that Palmer did well for us.

Thought so too. From that generation I’d rather have Marsden than Palmer though.

Door Matt on 15:16 - Nov 25 with 1217 viewsBicester_North

Door Matt on 10:12 - Nov 25 by saint22

Reminds me of Ali Dia, lied his way in and now shown up as clueless and shouldn't be near the game

Did he lie about a half marathon or a business trip?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Door Matt on 07:14 - Nov 27 with 1049 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 09:06 - Nov 25 by Kennington

It just keeps on coming

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/nhs-deal-with-hancocks-former-neig
Door Matt on 09:21 - Nov 27 with 1011 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 07:14 - Nov 27 by saint22

It just keeps on coming

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/nhs-deal-with-hancocks-former-neig

And what’s the point of that article?

Hancock didn’t do anything wrong, the article even says he pointed him to the gov procurement website. A website that was calling for British business to do their bit. The businessman in question reconfigured his company to make test tubes and in response he gets snipey and bitchy articles like this from the Guardian. These business people that bent over backwards to help the country should be celebrated.

Were the test tubes over priced, were they poor quality? No, they were fine.

This is the the worst type of journalism, which is basically a witch hunt at the time of national crisis. It’s a time people should rally around. There’ll be plenty of opportunities for recriminations and inquiries in years to come.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 9:22]

Door Matt on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 988 viewsSadoldgit

It’s perfectly natural for a contract for a product that is available from other suppliers all round the world should go to your neighbour. What’s the problem? Putting things out to tender and dealing with people who don’t live near you, didnt go to your school, don’t play golf with you, whose wife you haven’t sha gged, who doesn’t drink in your pub or whose not related to you just wastes time.
Door Matt on 09:59 - Nov 27 with 986 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 09:21 - Nov 27 by Kennington

And what’s the point of that article?

Hancock didn’t do anything wrong, the article even says he pointed him to the gov procurement website. A website that was calling for British business to do their bit. The businessman in question reconfigured his company to make test tubes and in response he gets snipey and bitchy articles like this from the Guardian. These business people that bent over backwards to help the country should be celebrated.

Were the test tubes over priced, were they poor quality? No, they were fine.

This is the the worst type of journalism, which is basically a witch hunt at the time of national crisis. It’s a time people should rally around. There’ll be plenty of opportunities for recriminations and inquiries in years to come.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 9:22]

Really?
So putting up contracts for tender resulted in that person getting the gig did it?
Door Matt on 10:07 - Nov 27 with 979 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 09:55 - Nov 27 by Sadoldgit

It’s perfectly natural for a contract for a product that is available from other suppliers all round the world should go to your neighbour. What’s the problem? Putting things out to tender and dealing with people who don’t live near you, didnt go to your school, don’t play golf with you, whose wife you haven’t sha gged, who doesn’t drink in your pub or whose not related to you just wastes time.

Ok, I’ll bite again.

You may recall we were/are in a global pandemic and chronically short of pharma consumables. Then and still today is not the time for lengthy OJEU procurements. Have you ever done one? I’ve done many and I assure you even if there were ‘suppliers ready all round the world’ it takes months. In fact there aren’t suppliers ready around the world, as the nations around the world all want these products for their own populations. Hence the U.K. gov put out a ‘call to arms’ for factory owners to reconfigure their businesses. I don’t care if this guy has Hancock’s phone number as the product is fine and there’s no suggestion it was a bad deal.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 10:08]

Door Matt on 10:09 - Nov 27 with 974 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 09:59 - Nov 27 by saint22

Really?
So putting up contracts for tender resulted in that person getting the gig did it?

Is there any non circumstantial evidence to suggest otherwise?

Door Matt on 10:17 - Nov 27 with 968 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 10:09 - Nov 27 by Kennington

Is there any non circumstantial evidence to suggest otherwise?

do you really need any?
If you believe his neighbour and landlord of his local just happened to come up trumps (pardon the pun) with no prior history in the PPE business, then its no wonder this country is having the pi55 taken out of it daily
Door Matt on 10:23 - Nov 27 with 965 viewsSadoldgit

Door Matt on 10:07 - Nov 27 by Kennington

Ok, I’ll bite again.

You may recall we were/are in a global pandemic and chronically short of pharma consumables. Then and still today is not the time for lengthy OJEU procurements. Have you ever done one? I’ve done many and I assure you even if there were ‘suppliers ready all round the world’ it takes months. In fact there aren’t suppliers ready around the world, as the nations around the world all want these products for their own populations. Hence the U.K. gov put out a ‘call to arms’ for factory owners to reconfigure their businesses. I don’t care if this guy has Hancock’s phone number as the product is fine and there’s no suggestion it was a bad deal.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 10:08]

We have paid over the odds for countless products, some of which have been a complete waste of money because they are unusable. There is a tender process for a reason. If you think that a government should do deals akin to Trotters Independent Traders, sobeit.
Door Matt on 10:30 - Nov 27 with 962 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 10:17 - Nov 27 by saint22

do you really need any?
If you believe his neighbour and landlord of his local just happened to come up trumps (pardon the pun) with no prior history in the PPE business, then its no wonder this country is having the pi55 taken out of it daily

So was there a problem with this company’s products? Do you really think that a company that has never made pharma consumables will be as cheap as a company that already makes them? Of course there’ll be a premium.

You’re the same person banging on about the inability of the government to test enough people, yet you post stuff like this. Don’t you see that’s quite ironic. As this contract and others like it is there to enable more testing!

Door Matt on 10:33 - Nov 27 with 959 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 10:23 - Nov 27 by Sadoldgit

We have paid over the odds for countless products, some of which have been a complete waste of money because they are unusable. There is a tender process for a reason. If you think that a government should do deals akin to Trotters Independent Traders, sobeit.

Of course we have paid over the odds. Because we as a nation don’t usually make this stuff. Clearly you’re not familiar with the ‘tender process’ if you were, at this moment you’d be moaning that your local hospital still doesn’t have PPE.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024