Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Black Friday Deals !! 11:54 - Nov 27 with 1126 viewsTimSaint

Wow !!

Got an email from Saints today, urging me to purchase a full kit for £49 !!

This includes the socks, shorts and the shirt with the LD Sports sponsorship logo on the front !!

My daughter wants a shirt for Xmas, but you still have to buy the ones with the up to date sponsor on pre-order and hope they arrive in time !!

What a shambles with the shirts AGAIN !! I know this was a little out of their control with the change of sponsors etc, but they have take an inexcusably long time to procure the new shirts and here's the best bit, they won't even be made by Under Armour !! You couldn't make it up !!

TimSaint

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:17 - Nov 27 with 1098 viewsSaintNick

I think I have explained this on here before, firstly the club is not a shambles because a contracted shirt sponsor went bankrupt, when the shirt went into production back in March April time the sponsors were financially backed and assured the club they would pay the agreed amount as they had done in the first year.

With regard to producing the shirts, the big name brand manufacturers cannot just put a massive run of replica shirts into production at the drop of a hat, these runs have to be booked a year in advance, UA could not guarantee getting the shirts over here until the new year thus missing the Xmas market.

So Saints had two choices either wait till the new year or go for another option which they did.

UA were quite within their rights to insist that Saints wait, they have the contract to make the shirts, what they did do was suggest to the club that they would provide the exact specs as well as the materials etc to an outside provider who could then make an exact copy of the shirt , the only thing missing being the UA logo on the front of the shirt.

This is what the club have done, so you now have a choice, buy the old shirt with the old sponsor as worn against Sheffield United last season, buy the new shirt without the UA logo, or alternatively wait until the new year when UA will presumably produce supply stocks of the branded kit.

So not a shambles Saints have dealt with the situation as well as they could in the circumstances

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:30 - Nov 27 with 1085 views1ASIN12

There are only 2 choices for this seasons kit:

1) The UA shirt with the LD sponser that is still in the shops

2) Waitutil the unbranded shirts are available with the sportsbet.io sponser

it is my understanding the UA branded shirt with the sportsbet.io sponser will not be avaibable to buy
Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:49 - Nov 27 with 1068 viewsSonicBoom

I miss the days when Del would be on here bemoaning the lack of White Friday....
Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 1052 viewsericofarabia

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:49 - Nov 27 by SonicBoom

I miss the days when Del would be on here bemoaning the lack of White Friday....

To be fair I am completely at a loss to understand how Black Friday is still a thing.
I got slaughtered on a message board for using the term Coloured People instead of People of Colour, when querying how people of other shades of skin tone felt about the emphasis on Black Lives only mattering when that was all kicking off.
Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 13:39 - Nov 27 with 1028 viewsTimSaint

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:17 - Nov 27 by SaintNick

I think I have explained this on here before, firstly the club is not a shambles because a contracted shirt sponsor went bankrupt, when the shirt went into production back in March April time the sponsors were financially backed and assured the club they would pay the agreed amount as they had done in the first year.

With regard to producing the shirts, the big name brand manufacturers cannot just put a massive run of replica shirts into production at the drop of a hat, these runs have to be booked a year in advance, UA could not guarantee getting the shirts over here until the new year thus missing the Xmas market.

So Saints had two choices either wait till the new year or go for another option which they did.

UA were quite within their rights to insist that Saints wait, they have the contract to make the shirts, what they did do was suggest to the club that they would provide the exact specs as well as the materials etc to an outside provider who could then make an exact copy of the shirt , the only thing missing being the UA logo on the front of the shirt.

This is what the club have done, so you now have a choice, buy the old shirt with the old sponsor as worn against Sheffield United last season, buy the new shirt without the UA logo, or alternatively wait until the new year when UA will presumably produce supply stocks of the branded kit.

So not a shambles Saints have dealt with the situation as well as they could in the circumstances

I am fully aware of the details and processes involved with this and did note the fact that it was a little out of their hands in my initial post.

The thing is though, we've had issues with shirts before, for what, the last 3 seasons ? - in fact didn't Boris go into great detail about the ease of printing a logo, badge or sponsor onto a shirt ? Perhaps even UA outsource their printing ?

Anyway regardless of this, the club initially said the new and updated shirts would first be available in October, then it switched to November, then the end of November and now it will be December - hence my times and shambles comments.

In that extra time, perhaps UA could have actually produced the shirts themselves ? Maybe if Saints had said we need them by end of Nov, it could have been done ? As it is, the new batches are late.

It makes no difference to me, apart from the team I support potentially missing out on Xmas revenue and the fact that my daughter wants a shirt. She usually gets one for her birthday (Sept), but now has to wait til Christmas. It gives her less of the season to wear it and you could argue that it has been priced accordingly - but is that really because it is not an UA shirt ? Or a combination of both ?

Either way, the LG shirts are obsolete and should be sold off at half price or better, regardless of any Black Friday enticements.

TimSaint

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 955 viewsdjsaint

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:17 - Nov 27 by SaintNick

I don't understand If UA were happy to provide the exact spec & material to an outside provider so they could then make an exact copy of the shirt (minus logos). Then why didn't they then also give them permission to put the logos/tags on and have a 100% exact copy and take a slice of the profit along with it?

Would it just be down to lack of ability to oversee quality control? or maybe UA also have contracts that tie them to specific providers?
Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 20:12 - Dec 9 with 776 viewsBison

Talking of shirt sponsors , this was a cracker.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 10:50 - Dec 10 with 674 viewsdwayne_dibley

do they do Y fronts?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 12:04 - Dec 10 with 641 viewsBerber

Saints Black Friday Deals !! on 10:50 - Dec 10 by dwayne_dibley

do they do Y fronts?

Only in Underpants of Colour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024