Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 3rd Rd draw 23:49 - Nov 29 with 1167 viewsdirk_doone

I was pleased to see Little Pompey beat King's Lynn to get through to the 3rd round.

With them being below us in the league for most of our history, the opportunities to play them don't occur very often.

The FA Cup 3rd round draw takes place on Monday, November 30.
It will start at around 7.10pm. Fingers crossed that we get them.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 0:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:08 - Nov 30 with 1150 viewsTimSaint

Probably a typo Dirk...

The Draw is on Monday 30th @ 7.10pm

Saints are Ball Number 36
Skates are Ball Number 51

Would obviously be good to get them again - perhaps at home this time - otherwise I would quite fancy a home tie to either Chorley or Marine !! :-)

TimSaint

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:10 - Nov 30 with 1146 viewsSaintsforeverj

Don't really want Pompey, as there won't be any fans or very few. In normal times, I would want to play them but don't want a massive local Derby behind closed doors. Would like to play any of the other lower league clubs. Marine home or away would be good.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 0:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:13 - Nov 30 with 1142 viewsdirk_doone

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:08 - Nov 30 by TimSaint

Probably a typo Dirk...

Would obviously be good to get them again - perhaps at home this time - otherwise I would quite fancy a home tie to either Chorley or Marine !! :-)

Thanks Tim. I thought it was odd that it was a Tuesday as it's always been Monday before.
*I've edited the OP now. Less time to wait.

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:17 - Nov 30 with 1129 viewsdirk_doone

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:10 - Nov 30 by Saintsforeverj

Don't really want Pompey, as there won't be any fans or very few. In normal times, I would want to play them but don't want a massive local Derby behind closed doors. Would like to play any of the other lower league clubs. Marine home or away would be good.

Little Pompey are a lower league club and the chance to thrash them again should never be passed up because even though they are two leagues below us, they are still our local rivals and beating them is always more satisfying than beating other lower league clubs.

Anyway, the away allocation at Fratton is so small that unless you are a super fan who never misses an away game, even when we are allowed to go there, the chances of getting a ticket are slim to none.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 0:23]

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:29 - Nov 30 with 1113 viewsSaintsforeverj

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:17 - Nov 30 by dirk_doone

Little Pompey are a lower league club and the chance to thrash them again should never be passed up because even though they are two leagues below us, they are still our local rivals and beating them is always more satisfying than beating other lower league clubs.

Anyway, the away allocation at Fratton is so small that unless you are a super fan who never misses an away game, even when we are allowed to go there, the chances of getting a ticket are slim to none.

I went to the game at Fratton and it was an electrifying atmosphere. Just to be there to rub it in was insanely satisfying! Sure we might want Pompey as we will be certain to beat such a small team, but Pompey at St Mary's and we arn't allowed to go? I would find that a bit hard to bare personally as we will obviously thrash them. I would want to be there with fans to take the P.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 0:31]

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:42 - Nov 30 with 1100 viewsdirk_doone

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:29 - Nov 30 by Saintsforeverj

I went to the game at Fratton and it was an electrifying atmosphere. Just to be there to rub it in was insanely satisfying! Sure we might want Pompey as we will be certain to beat such a small team, but Pompey at St Mary's and we arn't allowed to go? I would find that a bit hard to bare personally as we will obviously thrash them. I would want to be there with fans to take the P.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 0:31]

I couldn't get a ticket for that one but my first derby game was a 5-2 win there in 1966 and how we Saints fans celebrated in the Fratton End. I would still rather get the chance to thrash them again in front of an empty Fratton than not get the chance to thrash them at all.

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 01:01 - Nov 30 with 1089 viewsSaintsforeverj

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:42 - Nov 30 by dirk_doone

I couldn't get a ticket for that one but my first derby game was a 5-2 win there in 1966 and how we Saints fans celebrated in the Fratton End. I would still rather get the chance to thrash them again in front of an empty Fratton than not get the chance to thrash them at all.

Bit before my time that one, but the Moran last minute winner in 84 has to be one of the most satisfying. I have watched that goal and the manic fans celebrations probably hundreds of times!

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 06:42 - Nov 30 with 1047 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 01:01 - Nov 30 by Saintsforeverj

Bit before my time that one, but the Moran last minute winner in 84 has to be one of the most satisfying. I have watched that goal and the manic fans celebrations probably hundreds of times!

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 10:01 - Nov 30 with 953 viewsericofarabia

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:10 - Nov 30 by Saintsforeverj

The fact that none of their pissy pants smelling freaks would be in attendance, is actually why I'd love to get them at home.
The thought of that utter stinking mess of a clown ever entering SMS again makes my skin crawl 🤮
FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 12:05 - Nov 30 with 904 viewsDorsetIan

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:08 - Nov 30 by TimSaint

Probably a typo Dirk...

We're going to draw Chorley. I watched them play at Yeovil last year and have been keeping my eye on them ever since.

You heard it here first.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 12:12 - Nov 30 with 898 viewsfranniesTache

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 00:17 - Nov 30 by dirk_doone

that's if you assume you actually need tickets to get in, after all in the league cup the scummers came in two by two
FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 14:22 - Nov 30 with 831 viewsPatfromPoole

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 10:01 - Nov 30 by ericofarabia

The fact that none of their pissy pants smelling freaks would be in attendance, is actually why I'd love to get them at home.
The thought of that utter stinking mess of a clown ever entering SMS again makes my skin crawl 🤮

Where would he park the flatbed truck?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 19:49 - Nov 30 with 733 viewsBison

Southampton v Shrewsbury

Maybe see some of the kids playing. We need our squad to get more experience .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 20:09 - Nov 30 with 709 viewsSonicBoom

Id rather see us win something so putting out kids and getting beat isnt an option.
Seems fashionable for premier league teams to try and use their lesser players and it always backfires. Look at Eddie Howe. Never played a decent side, got knocked out the cups and was relegated anyway. Win the game first!
Anyway we won't win the league but we could actually win a cup.
FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 20:15 - Nov 30 with 693 viewskingslandstand1

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 19:49 - Nov 30 by Bison

Southampton v Shrewsbury

Maybe see some of the kids playing. We need our squad to get more experience .

I'm with Sonic I'm afraid Bison. Why not go for it full on? Ok, against the Shrews maybe 1 or 2 to start as long as there is the experience on the bench if it starts going the wrong way

And didn't Ralph say he'd take the cups seriously?
FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 681 viewsChesham_Saint

1). FFS of course we should take the Cup seriously. Are you mad?!
2). Robbie Savage - WAC. How does a self-confessed cheat hold down a job (and get paid a small fortune) by a national broadcaster?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 20:39]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 20:25 - Nov 30 with 672 viewsDorsetIan

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 12:05 - Nov 30 by DorsetIan

We're going to draw Chorley. I watched them play at Yeovil last year and have been keeping my eye on them ever since.

You heard it here first.

Chorley were next out of the hat after Shrewsbury. So near...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 09:07 - Dec 2 with 504 viewsBison

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 20:15 - Nov 30 by kingslandstand1

I'm with Sonic I'm afraid Bison. Why not go for it full on? Ok, against the Shrews maybe 1 or 2 to start as long as there is the experience on the bench if it starts going the wrong way

And didn't Ralph say he'd take the cups seriously?

See the 'Ralph use of subs thread'

I'm not talking about whole team you could play

Vokins at left back
N'Dlunudo (?) up front
French kid centre mid
Tella right wing.
Maybe try our spare keeper instead of McCarthy.

All positions we struggle with off the bench so why not give them ago and experience against Shrewsbury ? If we go further in Cup and keep League going our first 11 or 12 just won't be able to cope.

If we started with them how strong would our bench look if we needed to change it up.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

FA Cup 3rd Rd draw on 10:23 - Dec 2 with 457 viewsJaySaint

Salisu?

if he cant play against Shrewsbury, what is the point?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024