Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some positives.. 15:02 - Nov 30 with 1046 viewsSonicBoom

I was gutted yesterday. Those bloody nauseating mancs with their stupid accents, their Pogba, their self righteous snotty attitude and their arrogance. It really sticks in the throat losing yet again in that manner. I honestly thought we were good enough to beat them this time.
But...

There were good things.
I thought JWP was very good and unless you are biased or just plain stupid then you cannot say he has made himself the best free kick taker in the country right now. Another absolute beauty against a top keeper.
Che Adams. The commentators were eulogising over his effort and hold up play. He looks a different player to 12 months ago and I can only see him improving further.
Vestergaard - I used to think he was simply a lamp post with boots on. But he's certainly improving and I have to give him credit for that seeing as most of us thought he was a total waste of money.
Theo is always going to frustrate in the same way Redmond does, they just aren't finishers, but if they were we couldn't afford them. But he's been great since he arrived back and has given everything. Like Ings it's nice to have that local connection back in the team from a player that loves being here.
Walker Peters not wanted at Spurs yet he's come here and is first name on the team sheet. He already looks better all round than Cedric and Valery rarely gets a mention these days. OK he's not perfect but he fits in really well.

And of course the feeling that these days we will give anyone a game. I don't fear that we will get spanked by the big boys. It might happen of course but we do give a decent account of ourselves.
So United were celebrating like they won the league? Good! I rather they celebrated beating us, than if they roll into town, kick our arses 5-0 and disappear like it was nothing.
We might not make top 4 or even top 7 but we are going to give a lot of teams a very bloody nose this year.
There. I feel better now.
Some positives.. on 19:29 - Nov 30 with 929 views1885_SFC

I feel a bit better having just watched Fulham win 2-1 at Leicester.

Old School is Cool

Some positives.. on 19:50 - Nov 30 with 898 viewsgreen

I think having gone top it means that whatever happens from here (obviously we were never going to win it) is going to seem like a bit of a let down.

In truth, we did well to finish 11th last season and given we've not spent any serious money finishing 10th this year, is a sign of improvement given our lack of strength in depth as well. Obviously, I would love to see us challenging the top six and this season is a good opportunity given what's going on elsewhere but we have to be realistic.
Some positives.. on 20:38 - Nov 30 with 871 viewsChesham_Saint

Whether we could have gone top or bottom is irrelevant to me, what It did was reinforce my view of many, many years as to how much I loathe and detest man u.

They’re right up their with the skates for me.

They’re worse than liverpool with their multitude of fecktard plastic fans and whinging, jammy players. The constant media love-in, Sir Alex this and Sir Alex that, George Best (alcoholic fvckwit cvnt who selfishly drank after having a liver transplant that could have saved someone else’s life). The 1958 “special club” bollox (Torino anyone?) and the “we do it the proper way” superior mentality but the moment a cheating tvvat like Cantona or Ferdinand step out of line it’s oh-so-different).

And that’s before the endless line of absolute whopper cvnt ‘celeb’ fans like Olly Murs, Steve Coogan and that fat cvnt off morning telly hove in to view.

I think I’m going to be sick.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 20:50]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Some positives.. on 23:24 - Nov 30 with 795 viewswashington_saint

Some positives.. on 20:38 - Nov 30 by Chesham_Saint

Whether we could have gone top or bottom is irrelevant to me, what It did was reinforce my view of many, many years as to how much I loathe and detest man u.

They’re worse than liverpool with their multitude of fecktard plastic fans and whinging, jammy players. The constant media love-in, Sir Alex this and Sir Alex that, George Best (alcoholic fvckwit cvnt who selfishly drank after having a liver transplant that could have saved someone else’s life). The 1958 “special club” bollox (Torino anyone?) and the “we do it the proper way” superior mentality but the moment a cheating tvvat like Cantona or Ferdinand step out of line it’s oh-so-different).

And that’s before the endless line of absolute whopper cvnt ‘celeb’ fans like Olly Murs, Steve Coogan and that fat cvnt off morning telly hove in to view.

Get what you are saying but I have a huge amount of time for OGS. Always honest, praises the opposition when they play well (as opposed to saying his team has had an off day) and genuinely a good guy.

He also tries to play the right way and the media would love for him to be sacked and Pochettino to come in and be salivated over. For this reason alone I wish him well!
Some positives.. on 23:32 - Nov 30 with 788 viewsRipleys_revenge

Good points and agree with the overall sentiments towards Man Utd! Absolute kick in the b0llocks losing to them in that manner.

Have to disagree about Vestergaard yesterday. I know recently he has been superb, however I thought he looked like an accident waiting to happen yesterday. Looked like the old Jannik rather than the new Jannik 2.0 from the majority of this season.

Otherwise yes, not too down about the result. We have a really good thing going at the moment, let's enjoy it while we can
Some positives.. on 06:58 - Dec 1 with 717 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton FC will never qualify for Europe with the standard of Center Back and indeed Full Back at the club.
Also every time McCarthy has the ball at his feet it’s panic stations.

Top half finish at most this season.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Some positives.. on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 662 viewsRon11

Some positives.. on 20:38 - Nov 30 by Chesham_Saint

Well said that man
Some positives.. on 12:15 - Dec 1 with 608 viewsinthebox

The whining fans even when they win, one complaining that JWP should have been off before the free kick, what about Fred should have been off before half time they've always top of the league of the whiners
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024