Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans racist surprise! 17:26 - Dec 5 with 4952 viewsSadoldgit

Well, not really a surprise. Apparently they booed when their players took the knee today. If there was one club whose supporters you would expect to do this, my money would be in Millwall.
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 17:45 - Dec 5 with 2066 viewsBicester_North

Don’t think this is as simple an argument where if you don’t like the knee taking you’re a racist. I don’t like it as I think it’s a load of Americanised posturing crap, and I bet there are players that don’t really want to keep doing it but won’t say.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 17:51 - Dec 5 with 2058 viewsSaintsforeverj

It wouldn't surprise me if they had some racist fans, it's Millwall after all. But I have a feeling this will happen at other grounds too, as more fans return. Not necessarily because they are racist, they might be but I think it's more because these fans are acting like school kids who don't like being lectured, on a Saturday afternoon at a football ground. Rightly or wrongly, they just want to have a shout, let off steam and enjoy the football, not be read the 10 commandments.

In my opinion, I don't think players going down on one knee because they are being forced too, will have any impact whatsoever. The racists will still be racist, until they lock them up. I think some fans racist or not, will enjoy booing, as they find it fun, like a naughty kid. Going down on one knee, forcing fans to walk through rainbow turnstiles and multicoloured seats, will just incite childish fans to enjoy rebelling against it.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 17:57]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 18:13 - Dec 5 with 2021 viewsJaySaint

why are they racist?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 18:28 - Dec 5 with 1996 viewsChesham_Saint

I’d say it’s in poor taste to boo players for doing something they regard as well meaning are (presumably) doing willingly. On the other hand....

BLM seems inextricably linked with which the whole Taking The Knee thing and many people a) don’t agree with certain of their policies (such as defunding the polizi) and; b) the almost patronising way it’s assumed the site of 22 highly paid, molly-coddled athletes virtue signalling will change any nazis watching into model citizens.

In short, I suspect those Millwall fans aren’t necessarily racist in this instance, just crass...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 19:18 - Dec 5 with 1940 viewsBazza

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 18:28 - Dec 5 by Chesham_Saint

I’d say it’s in poor taste to boo players for doing something they regard as well meaning are (presumably) doing willingly. On the other hand....

BLM seems inextricably linked with which the whole Taking The Knee thing and many people a) don’t agree with certain of their policies (such as defunding the polizi) and; b) the almost patronising way it’s assumed the site of 22 highly paid, molly-coddled athletes virtue signalling will change any nazis watching into model citizens.

In short, I suspect those Millwall fans aren’t necessarily racist in this instance, just crass...

I agree but it’s wrong of the FA to promote taking the knee without thinking about the political consequences. Worse still why the hell does MOTM still show every team doing it before every flipping game.
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 19:21 - Dec 5 with 1933 viewsBazza

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 19:18 - Dec 5 by Bazza

I agree but it’s wrong of the FA to promote taking the knee without thinking about the political consequences. Worse still why the hell does MOTM still show every team doing it before every flipping game.

MOTD
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 19:34 - Dec 5 with 1919 viewskingslandstand1

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 19:18 - Dec 5 by Bazza

I'm with this re MOTD.

Also as has been said for a while now in the press inc quotes by various people, inc black people, it's not going to change things now as people are just fed up with it and it now looks as if it is being done because everyone else is therefore no meaning!
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:06 - Dec 5 with 1880 viewsRon11

Not even crass.
Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of our democracy.
People are sick of this virtue signalling and politicising of sport being constantly rammed down their throats on TV, football stadiums and even on the Formula 1 'circus'.
Politics have no place in sport.
And Lineker should stick to Crisps.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:39 - Dec 5 with 1847 viewsBerber

It's not just some fans that need to correct behaviours and attitudes, there are a good few old gits in blazers at the FA who are completely out of touch, as we have seen recently. I don't really agree with this type of intervention in sport, but sadly, as a wise quote says,

For evil to succeed, it just takes good men to stand and do nothing.

That's what we as a society have been doing for too long. Nearly everyone is not a racist, but we allow it to carry on by simply taking the approach, "Well, I'm not."
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 1834 viewssaint22

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 18:13 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

why are they racist?

I rather think the actual question is why are they booing??
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:50 - Dec 5 with 1826 viewsJaySaint

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:45 - Dec 5 by saint22

I rather think the actual question is why are they booing??

because they do not agree with overt virtue signalling by their club

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:57 - Dec 5 with 1807 viewssaint22

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:50 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

They support their players so why boo them
I suspect it’s because they are racist like an awful Lot of people are
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:05 - Dec 5 with 1797 viewsinthebox

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:50 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

Overt virtue signalling, what like BLM? so they don't agree with the idea that black lives matter
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:10 - Dec 5 with 1788 viewsBicester_North

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:05 - Dec 5 by inthebox

Overt virtue signalling, what like BLM? so they don't agree with the idea that black lives matter

Think there would’ve been booing to a big Stand up to racism banner? Football, and UK society, made massive progress against racism over the years. Taking the knee is embarrassing American copying right on bollocks.
Thick Helmets desperate to copy one of the most f*cked up, divided countries on earth.

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:17 - Dec 5 with 1777 viewsJaySaint

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:05 - Dec 5 by inthebox

BLM(tm)? absolutely not

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:18 - Dec 5 with 1776 viewssaint22

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:10 - Dec 5 by Bicester_North

Think there would’ve been booing to a big Stand up to racism banner? Football, and UK society, made massive progress against racism over the years. Taking the knee is embarrassing American copying right on bollocks.
Thick Helmets desperate to copy one of the most f*cked up, divided countries on earth.

This country is exactly the same as that one pal
Look around
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:19 - Dec 5 with 1774 viewsBicester_North

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:18 - Dec 5 by saint22

This country is exactly the same as that one pal
Look around

There we go, one of those thick helmets I was on about.

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:46 - Dec 5 with 1736 viewsinthebox

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:17 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

BLM(tm)? absolutely not

BLM(tm)? absolutely not. What does that mean. BLM is far more than political. The oppressed often end doing the oppressing.
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:50 - Dec 5 with 1730 viewsBicester_North

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:46 - Dec 5 by inthebox

BLM(tm)? absolutely not. What does that mean. BLM is far more than political. The oppressed often end doing the oppressing.

Who is oppressed? If there was oppression why would taking the knee be encouraged at the start of every premier league game?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 21:51]

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 22:00 - Dec 5 with 1709 viewsinthebox

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:50 - Dec 5 by Bicester_North

Who is oppressed? If there was oppression why would taking the knee be encouraged at the start of every premier league game?

It's the ones doing the booing that are oppressed.
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 22:14 - Dec 5 with 1694 viewsRon11

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:57 - Dec 5 by saint22

Did they boo any players during the game?
Millwall fans racist surprise! on 22:22 - Dec 5 with 1685 viewsBicester_North

Fans boo their own players all over the country, look at your own lot at Fratton, the worst of the worst

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 22:48 - Dec 5 with 1653 viewsJaySaint

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 21:50 - Dec 5 by Bicester_North

Can I ask who is oppressed?

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 23:59 - Dec 5 with 1612 viewsChesham_Saint

An awful lot of people? Not you of course, 22. What world do you live in where an “awful lot” of the people you know are racist?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 00:27 - Dec 6 with 1599 viewsSadoldgit

Millwall fans racist surprise! on 20:06 - Dec 5 by Ron11

Not even crass.
Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of our democracy.
People are sick of this virtue signalling and politicising of sport being constantly rammed down their throats on TV, football stadiums and even on the Formula 1 'circus'.
Politics have no place in sport.
And Lineker should stick to Crisps.

Politics has no place in sport, but racism does?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024